Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Balance Druid hidden artifact appearance?

Anyone have any info on how to get the second seed yet, has anyone found it?

Deleted
    There is some really interesting places which could be linked with this item. I was trying to explore the Shaladrassil world tree but whenever i'm trying to get into it, i get debuff "the nightmare consumes you" then my character falls asleep and i'm getting teleported to the Darkheart Thicket entrance.
    Another strange question is cave "under" that tree. There is a chest with artifact power item which have notice "Untouchable for nightmare". Maybe this is some kind of tip, i don't know. I will try to find as much as i can with hope we can get it soon.

Yeah I was going to try to glider from Highmountain onto the world tree and see if there is anything uphigh but just havent had the time. It probably honestly has something to do with the raid but it would have to be a really rare drop from a boss if it does.

Deleted
    I'm not sure. I think it's teleporting you into Darkheart Thicket for some reason. Did anyone try to do anything with Malfurion at the end of the dungeon? He seems to be rooted while we are fighting the boss. I've never checked what's going on with him b4 i leave an instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floody View Post
    There is some really interesting places which could be linked with this item. I was trying to explore the Shaladrassil world tree but whenever i'm trying to get into it, i get debuff "the nightmare consumes you" then my character falls asleep and i'm getting teleported to the Darkheart Thicket entrance.
    Another strange question is cave "under" that tree. There is a chest with artifact power item which have notice "Untouchable for nightmare". Maybe this is some kind of tip, i don't know. I will try to find as much as i can with hope we can get it soon.
    Hey Floody,

The cave you're talking about is the one which is patrolled by the huge nightmare elite which leaves the red trail behind right?
    If so I managed to get down there with glider and quickly loot the chest before being teleported, it just gave the AP item.

However, standing in the red trail those mobs leave behind gives a stacking debuff which eventually shifts you into the nightmare. An alert on your screen tells you to defeat your fears to end the nightmare. A mob spawns which you need to kill in order to leave (or you can wait till the Nightmare buff ends which lasts for 2 minutes)

Whilst in the nightmare:
    You get a shadowy sort of aura around you.
    The mob that spawns is a Shadowy Nightmare lvl 110 for me, easy to kill. Killing the mob gives no loot as it disappears before it dies and the buff instantly expires.
    If you don't kill the mob and run away/drop combat you can pretty much go anywhere whilst still having the buff.
    I teleported to the Dreamway and went inside the DHT, the shadowy aura on your screen goes away but you still have the buff for it's duration.

Haven't explored much with the buff and could just be nothing but I'll have a play with it.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    Yea, i'm talking about that cave. But i don't know if you noticed the notice on ap giving item from box which tells "untouchable for nightmare". Maybe it's a tip for getting more informations about it.
    What about that debuff.. I think we have to explore some part of this location, so maybe we can find anything interesting. The problem is that debuff expires after 2 minutes so we don't have much time to do anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Neetz View Post
    Hey Floody,

The cave you're talking about is the one which is patrolled by the huge nightmare elite which leaves the red trail behind right?
    If so I managed to get down there with glider and quickly loot the chest before being teleported, it just gave the AP item.

However, standing in the red trail those mobs leave behind gives a stacking debuff which eventually shifts you into the nightmare. An alert on your screen tells you to defeat your fears to end the nightmare. A mob spawns which you need to kill in order to leave (or you can wait till the Nightmare buff ends which lasts for 2 minutes)

Whilst in the nightmare:
    You get a shadowy sort of aura around you.
    The mob that spawns is a Shadowy Nightmare lvl 110 for me, easy to kill. Killing the mob gives no loot as it disappears before it dies and the buff instantly expires.
    If you don't kill the mob and run away/drop combat you can pretty much go anywhere whilst still having the buff.
    I teleported to the Dreamway and went inside the DHT, the shadowy aura on your screen goes away but you still have the buff for it's duration.

Haven't explored much with the buff and could just be nothing but I'll have a play with it.
    What an interesting idea. I've been having a look around too. I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can also quickly gain the nightmares buff at Malorne's Refuge by standing by the satyr totems. Best of luck in your investigation. Keep us posted.

Deleted
    I'm going to try exploring Darkheart Thicket with debuff from the nightmares. Wish me best luck! I will come here later if i find something interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Still nothing from me. Time to sleep now and I can try to search for it tomorrow.
    See you soon guys, good luck!

A guy on Wowhead posted a picture he submitted to Imgur which appears to be an out of place object which could possibly be what we're looking for. Unfortunately, they didn't provide coordinates nor is it helpful but it does give us a lead on what to look for. May be a hoax. Maybe not.

http://imgur.com/a/PL2jz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    A guy on Wowhead posted a picture he submitted to Imgur which appears to be an out of place object which could possibly be what we're looking for. Unfortunately, they didn't provide coordinates nor is it helpful but it does give us a lead on what to look for. May be a hoax. Maybe not.

Well it does say in title: "Found it climbing up from the backside of Shala'drassil" and we can see the minimap background... these two thing should be inuf to find this place. Wont be able to play for a day so cant check, someone maybe should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    Well it does say in title: "Found it climbing up from the backside of Shala'drassil" and we can see the minimap background... these two thing should be inuf to find this place. Wont be able to play for a day so cant check, someone maybe should.
    I will check it today and come back to give some info about it ( if i can find that place ) will try with the debuff as well and post results

Did some digging around in the files and there's an object for Valsharah named 7vs_worldtreesapling_01 that doesn't look like anything I've seen so far in the zone, and which has pretty normal looking textures- in that they're not corrupted or nightmare looking.

These are the files associated with Shaladrassil.

The first one is a low-poly version of Shaladrassil, used in the background of DHT or EN I'd guess?

The second and third are the tree as it looks in the open world.

The third is the sapling that looks uncorrupted.

I found the sappling and was unable to click it (without debuff). I was able to get up close before the nightmare threw me away

imgur.com/9rq5AXe

Co-ords of sappling 56, 15.5
    Last edited by Calfura; 2016-09-09 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Did some digging around in the files and there's an object for Valsharah named 7vs_worldtreesapling_01 that doesn't look like anything I've seen so far in the zone, and which has pretty normal looking textures- in that they're not corrupted or nightmare looking.

These are the files associated with Shaladrassil.

The first one is a low-poly version of Shaladrassil, used in the background of DHT or EN I'd guess?

The second and third are the tree as it looks in the open world.

The third is the sapling that looks uncorrupted.

Hello Arborus, can you give us any shot how those 4 looks in game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post

Sadly you get ported out of that area due to it being a place you don't belong to, though in those 5s I was in there, I wasn't able to interact with it. So either this isn't what we're looking for, or it is blocked of for the time being (til the raids unlock)
    Last edited by stormgust; 2016-09-09 at 01:53 PM.

Hello Arborus, can you give us any shot how those 4 looks in game?
    Textures for the sapling are broken and don't want to work.

These are the textures for it.

a glow of some kind.

bark, some leaves.

another glow.

the dirt base.

another glow.

the tree itself.

The canopy file is just a 2D texture plain, used for leaves/glow, I'd guess.

The dungeon version looks the same as the world version, just with fewer polygons in the roots/limbs.

I checked the tree itself for any sort of potential cave/nooks/etc. and found nothing. The inside is hollow with a lot of clipping geometry.

There are some other files labeled world tree for Legion, but they seem to be the Hyjal world tree from the Druid campaign, as their root structure is way different from Shaladrassil's.

Deleted
    That means it's in Val'sharah?

Could it be possible that the Pure Drop is gated behind the Feral Worgens located in Val'sharah that you can dispel with the scythe? I know of 6 worgens and have only dispel 3 of them so far (different one everytime).

Also I saw an NPC druid in our class hall summon a Grove Tender and the sappling that spawned before it was the model (95% sure) of what Aborus showed in the image above

Deleted
    Calfura, can you please give us co-ords of every single worgen and how can we dispell it? I was trying just with using my decurse ability, but it doesn't work so far..

And if you can give us screenshot of the druid and that sappling i will be very gratefull because it's rly important to do another steps

Calfura, can you please give us co-ords of every single worgen and how can we dispell it? I was trying just with using my decurse ability, but it doesn't work so far..

And if you can give us screenshot of the Grove Tender and that sappling i will be very gratefull because it's rly important to do another steps
    I'm currently waiting for the NPC to return to grow the next sapling. To dispel the Feral Worgen you just need the Scythe on, but it seems you can only do one daily (from my experiance so far) once I get a picture of this sapling being grown I'll get the exact Co-ords of each worgen that I have found today.

Update:

Cenarion Caretaker, I followed around the order hall until she decided to grow one infront of me (took over 30min to get one to grow). Having a proper look at the sapling as it grew infront of me, its not the same model. I have some screenshots of her planting then growing them if anyone else wants to have a look for themselves (imgur.com/a/zsYDD). I'll go and get the worgen co-ords now for the 6 found.
    Last edited by Calfura; 2016-09-09 at 03:21 PM.