Page 27 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    So...Small theorycrafting update. Tornado Kicks was slightly changed/nerfed since beta to no longer factor in the mastery from the original Rising Sun Kick. Meaning if I did 100,000 * 1.25 from mastery. So the original RSK does 125,000 damage. However with tornado Kick, it takes the pre-mastery value (100,000) and multiplies that by 25%. So Tornado Kick will do 25,000 damage.

This SLIGHTLY lowers' it's worth, and pushes it to the 19th trait to get (following Transfer the Power) IF you are going counter clock-wise and skipping Gale Burst.
    slightly off-topic: which way would you go for mythic+?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by server22 View Post
    i have been trying to find where to get the 3k mastery buff , i heard its somewhere in the class hall. Anyone knows where exactly it is?
    When going up the stairs in your class hall to your artifact weapon forge, on the first level to the left is a portal to the old Peak of Serenity. From there you can do the daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    This has been answered several times already in this thread. CCW holds a slight advantage of single target dps over CW. I personally went CCW. However, both directions are fine considering how close they are and since this is the start of the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    Just to update - I currently have 20508 AP. FoF is 5 * (525% of AP). I have 5 ranks in Fist of the Wind.

Ignoring artifact traits - I would have FoF do 5 * (5.25*20508) = 538,335 total damage.

Add in 25% from artifact - 538,335 * 1.25 = 672,918 total damage.

My tooltip currently shows 553,975 total damage. I know this is not factoring in Versa, but I currently only have 3% so even still my tooltip damage is way lower than intended.
    After more calculations - it looks like the artifact traits are not modifying the tooltip damage of Fist of Fury. The tooltip simply is the value of your AP calculation + Versatility. Strange however since any modification to the RSK trait does modify the tooltip. Hopefully this bug will be fixed for clarity reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    Personally I went CCW. Sure CCW is more single target prone, the buffs to FoF early on plus SotWL provides a HUGE amount of burst AoE. It's just you don't get Spinning Crane Kick buff.

And for the record yes, I'm already up to 18 traits unlocked.

Looks like Transfer the Power artifact talent got a sizable nerf, 5% -> 3% per stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Neba View Post

Looks like Transfer the Power artifact talent got a sizable nerf, 5% -> 3% per stack.
    It's been nerfed for a long time. On beta the tooltip stated 5%, but it was actually 1% per stack. It was recently buffed back to 3% before Legion went live.

It's been nerfed for a long time. On beta the tooltip stated 5%, but it was actually 1% per stack. It was recently buffed back to 3% before Legion went live.
    Fair enough, I had no idea as wowhead showed 5% as well.
    Last edited by Neba; 2016-09-08 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    Do you guys think, it would be worth it to skip tornado kicks to get crosswinds sooner when going CCW?
    I'm not really sure right whether this is possible before Mythic Raid unlocks, but just theoretically, could it be good? Crosswinds seems like a much more valuable trait than tornado kicks overall and the only downside would be delaying tornado kicks for a bit. I'm not even really sure whether its possible to get it before mythic start.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadli View Post
    Do you guys think, it would be worth it to skip tornado kicks to get crosswinds sooner when going CCW?
    I'm not really sure right whether this is possible before Mythic Raid unlocks, but just theoretically, could it be good? Crosswinds seems like a much more valuable trait than tornado kicks overall and the only downside would be delaying tornado kicks for a bit. I'm not even really sure whether its possible to get it before mythic start.
    I don't think it's worth skipping just Tornado Kicks to get it one trait earlier. I think it's entirely possible to have all traits including Gale Burst up to Crosswinds going counterclockwise by the time Mythic Raids come out. I'm almost level 20 and there's still 3 weeks to go until Mythic Raids come and there isn't a drastic steep increase in any of the remaining levels up to Crosswinds. Now if you want Crosswinds the day Mythic+ comes out, that might not be possible without skipping Tornado Kicks and maybe even Gale Burst, but again if you just skip Tornado Kicks you're only getting Crosswinds 1 trait earlier. I feel like the time you spend from going from Trait 20 to Trait 23/24 you might as well just have Tornado Kicks to help speed up all the content you will be doing along the way.

Is tiger palm bugged? I swear I keep using it and it gives me no chi, which then makes it the only thing to use, even though I just used it, thus breaking my hit combo build up. Seen it happen almost 5 or 6 times tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthh View Post
    I don't think it's worth skipping just Tornado Kicks to get it one trait earlier. I think it's entirely possible to have all traits including Gale Burst up to Crosswinds going counterclockwise by the time Mythic Raids come out. I'm almost level 20 and there's still 3 weeks to go until Mythic Raids come and there isn't a drastic steep increase in any of the remaining levels up to Crosswinds. Now if you want Crosswinds the day Mythic+ comes out, that might not be possible without skipping Tornado Kicks and maybe even Gale Burst, but again if you just skip Tornado Kicks you're only getting Crosswinds 1 trait earlier. I feel like the time you spend from going from Trait 20 to Trait 23/24 you might as well just have Tornado Kicks to help speed up all the content you will be doing along the way.
    It is however worth it for anyone just doing mythics and going into raiding if you wont be getting it before normal/heroic is released considering its quite a bit more damage, then just going backwards and getting TK at 20. Just off the top you being at 20 is beyond ridiculous considering I have almost 5 days playtime at 110 and have done mythics/heroics since first day and every bonus that awarded AP(just got 19). I get maybe a trait every 2-3 days and its getting worse and worse I don't think you're going to be able to get crosswinds unless you grind heroics out pretty hard for 3-4 hours a day with a pretty good group. That being said I have no idea how much AP you're going to get per boss in raid off of bosses but im sure its going to be cutting it pretty close.

So it's looking like potion of the old war is going to be our dps potion of choice. Has anyone had a chance to test it? I'm concerned about using it with SEF because technically you are doing 45 (50)% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Is tiger palm bugged? I swear I keep using it and it gives me no chi, which then makes it the only thing to use, even though I just used it, thus breaking my hit combo build up. Seen it happen almost 5 or 6 times tonight.
    Your attacks are getting parried or they miss in that case

Deleted
    This is false, in fact only 2 weeks ago, the PVP template was nerfed from 5% to 3% implying that it was 5% but now they stealth nerfed it across the board, without any mention.

ughh... quite huge nerf ;-)

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Currently the AskMrRobot setup for WW has Six-Feather Fan as our pre-raid BiS. What are people's opinion on this trinket and should it be considered BiS? I know for a lot of other agility classes (namely Demon Hunter and Enhancement Shaman) it also ranks extremely high with them. Is there potential behind this trinket for WW?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    This is false, in fact only 2 weeks ago, the PVP template was nerfed from 5% to 3% implying that it was 5% but now they stealth nerfed it across the board, without any mention.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42112272

Not a stealth nerf.

While it looks all good now with 5 mans and trash pulls and short boss fights, just how does our dps stack up on single target raid fights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    While it looks all good now with 5 mans and trash pulls and short boss fights, just how does our dps stack up on single target raid fights?
    Middle of the pack. If we are any higher we would get nerfed until we are middle of the pack. Can't be gods at aoe, burst aoe, and ST.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neba View Post

It was actually changed to 1% almost immediately after being introduced in the Alpha, but the tooltip wasn't updated. When they settled on 3% they changed the tooltip to reflect. It actually was a pretty reasonable buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Middle to slightly above the middle, which is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foncy View Post
    Currently the AskMrRobot setup for WW has Six-Feather Fan as our pre-raid BiS. What are people's opinion on this trinket and should it be considered BiS? I know for a lot of other agility classes (namely Demon Hunter and Enhancement Shaman) it also ranks extremely high with them. Is there potential behind this trinket for WW?
    I've been hard at work with trinkets the past few days to re-add to WtW. Six-Feather Fan is looking like one of the strongest trinkets, its one of the few things all metrics agree upon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenwins View Post
    So it's looking like potion of the old war is going to be our dps potion of choice. Has anyone had a chance to test it? I'm concerned about using it with SEF because technically you are doing 45 (50)% damage.
    As of a few days ago Old War was still bugged and not working the right way. There are also the issues with SEF which have been passed on to the necessary people awhile back.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    So...Small theorycrafting update. Tornado Kicks was slightly changed/nerfed since beta to no longer factor in the mastery from the original Rising Sun Kick. Meaning if I did 100,000 * 1.25 from mastery. So the original RSK does 125,000 damage. However with tornado Kick, it takes the pre-mastery value (100,000) and multiplies that by 25%. So Tornado Kick will do 25,000 damage.

This SLIGHTLY lowers' it's worth, and pushes it to the 19th trait to get (following Transfer the Power) IF you are going counter clock-wise and skipping Gale Burst.
    I've noticed that Tornado Kicks is the same damage no matter how hard my RSK hits. IE whether or not I crit with RSK, the Tornado Kick portion is always the same, but itself can crit. Is this intended or a bug?

Example:

Your Rising Sun Kick hit Training Bag 231553 Physical.
    Your Rising Sun Kick hit Training Bag 42108 Physical (Tornado Kick part)

Your Rising Sun Kick hit Training Bag 463105 Physical. (Critical)
    Your Rising Sun Kick hit Training Bag 42108 Physical (Tornado Kick part)

Based on the way it reads it should be an extra 25% of the damage from RSK. Right now its just a constant damage additive.