Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No tanks should not do the orb, it should be a ranged DPS, ideally someone who has a lot of mobility.

But pugs are terrible, news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Wait what? First of all, yes the orb is supposed to be carried by the tank.

And seems like you just have some shitty guidies. Better leave that guild and join Arathor EU!
    eh no. the orb isnt suppose to be kept by tank rolf... a dps must do that.. as a tank your busy enough handling the kicks and everything

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    And my guild does has to do what exactly? Is your reading comprehension bad? I went with OTHER guild run.
    Actually your English is just atrocious.

Why is everyone talking about 3 guildies and kicks in Mythics?

The vote-kick system is in LFG, PuGs just takes a single leader to kick someone.

Running with guidlies can be good or bad, but it doesn't increase the likelihood that you get kicked in a PuG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Huh? Every single time I've done that boss, it was either me, or a ranged doing the orb. Never seen the tank do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    You can get knocked off the edge while trying to find the shadow, yes you can time to knock back then try to find the shadow but its inefficient. You don't need tank to dps shadow..tank can hold aggro at range just fine.
    sure if tank is a bad tank - but you don want bad tank in your group dont you ? unless you are the tank who looks for carry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Screw Kelthuzad players, they seems like a bunch of a holes.
    Yes, because running with a group of 3 is the same as the whole realm. You'll experience it from every realm. I'm rarely rude to pugs, unless we tried to help them and they repeatedly did the same mistakes. Too bad we might not ever know the whole story.

When it's not my guild, I prefer to pug with guild groups. They generally seem more coordinated and things go smoother.

Everyone has their preferences, though.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Why is everyone talking about 3 guildies and kicks in Mythics?

The vote-kick system is in LFG, PuGs just takes a single leader to kick someone.

Running with guidlies can be good or bad, but it doesn't increase the likelihood that you get kicked in a PuG.
    I'm amazed it took until page 3 for someone to say this. And I very much agree. The only bad things with running with people who are guilded with each other and not with you is that they will generally never kick their own guildies even if they repeatedly prove that they are unable/unwilling to do mechanics or go afk for ages. Ran a lot of hcs with my own guildies while pugging one person, and so far we've kicked exactly 0 of them.

Ive tanked it twice, done orbs both times..

You throw the light when the green comes, throw it at the add when the add comes, and dont put yourself in a spot where you get punted off the edge. There isnt really a right or wrong class to do the orb, its just whoever is confident in doing it.

Any caster dps with mobility, every melee or even tank can do the orb. It doesn't really matter since you can throw the orb. If the group assigned you to do it, whatever your role, you better make sure you do it though. If it wasn't clear that it was your job, maybe a little communication would have helped.
    My guess is that both the guild and you didn't do a good job communicating. Seems like those 3 "guildies" weren't the only problem here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Huh? Every single time I've done that boss, it was either me, or a ranged doing the orb. Never seen the tank do it.
    Seems like we have been rading with other different groups My tanks are normally quite "rushy" so they take the orb to make sure people don't fuck up.... Or that is atleast what 1 guy said to me as a reason why he took the orb

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    eh no. the orb isnt suppose to be kept by tank rolf... a dps must do that.. as a tank your busy enough handling the kicks and everything
    Have yet to this day seen a tank being kicked off the platform, so it does not really seem like a problem Also, there is a danger of dps getting hit by the boss/adds if they see the shadow adds first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    No, tank is the worse to carry the orb.

You can get knocked off the edge while trying to find the shadow, yes you can time to knock back then try to find the shadow but its inefficient. You don't need tank to dps shadow..tank can hold aggro at range just fine.
    Again, i am just saying it is and has been working well for my groups to have the tank take it But i have seen a dps get killed because they went ahead of the tank and got hit in the face by either Cordana or one of her shadows
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

And seems like you just have some shitty guidies. Better leave that guild and join Arathor EU!
    nope, having it on tank is a terrible idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cam5778 View Post
    I would agree with trash, but for the boss. She does a knock-back and trying to run around searching for the adds makes it pretty damn easy to get knocked off the ledge, especially considering the adds pop up in the corners. It's much easier for a ranged DPS to handle the light.
    You don't have to search for the adds, they give themself away, so not that much movement. I will agree, that it is best for a ranged dps to take it, but it is not every day that you have a not-stupid ranged dps And then its better to have tank around, since melee will lose a hell of dps by running around
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Healers and sometimes ranged dps are a lot better on cordana light orbs (that's the topic here I guess), as the tank can stand still a lot more, which leads to more melee dps cuz of less moving around. Ranged classes are a lot more flexible for that duty.

light shouldnt be done on mythic by tank. tank gets stun / kick combo, thats defining your movement. throwing light, moving with light to adds, absorbing voidzones is very dangerous for tanks to get kicked from platform or into wall of death or to mess up returning glaive postioning, resulting in big fat dmg and debuff . its best done by healer or range dd. best bet is healer, as they have very little else to do in this fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    nope, having it on tank is a terrible idea.
    Seems to be working my friend

Skill issue.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    And my guild does has to do what exactly? Is your reading comprehension bad? I went with OTHER guild run.
    Your writing skills could use some work instead. Nowhere did you clarify this. You just say: "don't play with guildies", which actually is easily interpreted as own guildies, since that's what we call them.

Seems to be working my friend
    running raids with 3 tanks also works

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    Why would the resto druid or the range dps move into melee range of mobs to be able to kill them? makes no sense, and you only soak whats needed, running around soaking like mad dont help.
    LOL you dont have to go melee range to find the add, u throw it on the add