Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When is the right time to start investing in MM ?

I'm currently lv 18 on my BM artifact, just got the surge of the stormgod trait, it will take a long time to reach the next big trait, i'm wondering if it's time to start investing in my Marksman artifact, BM dmg is pretty decent, but the gameplay is fucking horrible, single target rotation makes me want to sleep on my keyboard.
    Last edited by Lordbrutus; 2016-09-09 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How far into the MM weapon are you now? You can do the first 13 traits super easily, after that it will slow down again but you can still probably get like 15 levels without much effort and get the first gold trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol you were supposed to start investing in MM after level 13.

you were supposed to only go 13 in BM (for Mythic+) and the rest into MM as it'll be the spec to play to raid. Goal was at least 20 in MM before raiding.

you fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by ramoncosta View Post
    I'm currently lv 18 on my BM artifact, just got the surge of the stormgod trait, it will take a long time to reach the next big trait, i'm wondering if it's time to start investing in my Marksman artifact, BM dmg is pretty decent, but the gameplay is fucking horrible, single target rotation makes me want to sleep on my keyboard.
    If you think MM will keep you awake, check yourself into a psychiatric facility. Both specs are retarded levels of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    If you think MM will keep you awake, check yourself into a psychiatric facility. Both specs are retarded levels of boring.
    nope, BM is way more passive, MM requires a lot more atention.

Deleted
    But what if your like me and will not raid mythic, just normal and heroic. should i still switch to MM at a certain point? hate it or love it but i kinda like BM imo and im not raiding for world first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callmeshoe View Post
    But what if your like me and will not raid mythic, just normal and heroic. should i still switch to MM at a certain point? hate it or love it but i kinda like BM imo and im not raiding for world first.
    then you should be fine with whatever you prefer.

Title should be "WHEN is the right time" not what is the right time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    then you should be fine with whatever you prefer.
    Thanks ^^

If like myself, I only plan on doing mythic+ and the very occasionial lfr/norm/heroic raid.. is there any point investing in MM over BM? should I just stick with BM? or at 110 is it worth it to go MM for general PvE reasons... I guess ill do 13 in both.

I get confused with this 13 thing. Is that 13 POINTS as in 3/3, 3/3, 3/3 3/3, 1/1 = 13 or is that 13 traits as in unlocking 13 different skills/passives?

I think referring to 13 is points not traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Marksmanship rotation is quite complex to optimize and requires attention and thinking ahead. You have to take into account 3 procs, your focus and movement in the encounter... all of these things 10 seconds ahead

If you sleep, your dps suffers

Oh ok so I literally put 13 points into BM then swap into MM.. ok i'll bare that in mind also for my DH as he's Vengeance main, i'll chuck 13 points into Havoc also. Is it possible to RESET the points? I'm assuming that'll cost a boat load of AP to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Oh ok so I literally put 13 points into BM then swap into MM.. ok i'll bare that in mind also for my DH as he's Vengeance main, i'll chuck 13 points into Havoc also. Is it possible to RESET the points? I'm assuming that'll cost a boat load of AP to do so.
    Its possible.Talk to the NPC next to your artifact trait spender in your class hall.

Reset cost as many AP as the next trait so in your case I think its 6875 ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Its possible.Talk to the NPC next to your artifact trait spender in your class hall.

Reset cost as many AP as the next trait so in your case I think its 6875 ap.
    Perfect, so literally putting 13 points into the artifact line is classed as the "13 trait" thing, right? just clarifying haha. As I'm about to level both my DH and my Hunter next week on 5 days off work so going HAM.

Though I'm not going to be touching Raids outside of LFR so I'm probably best of sticking to BM!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    lol you were supposed to start investing in MM after level 13.
    Says who?.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Title should be "WHEN is the right time" not what is the right time.
    Cool story bro. Way to contribute
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroaster09 View Post
    Says who?.
    Says the Icy-Veins guide.

To be clear, it's not as though it's MM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BM or something. Their single target DPS is basically exactly the same. MM is recommended in general for raiding because its cleave is passive and deals with spread out targets better, and there aren't any very high movement fights in Emerald Nightmare (which BM has a substantial advantage on).

Unless you're in bleeding edge/world first style guilds, going BM isn't going to be an issue.