Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so each mage gets 1 extra heroism, only if the first hero is used on pull... AMAZING right man?

and its not like all the guilds rushing for world first wont have legendaries
    False. They get 2 in almost all situations.

It is rare for lust to be used solely on the last 40 seconds of a boss, which is the only case where a mage would get 1 lust. Even if you lust 90 seconds in for a burn phase, the mage can get lust again the next burn phase while the rest of the raid can't.

This meme needs to die, it's being perpetuated by people who are terrible at this game and have no idea how to play any spec, let alone fire.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-09-08 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Both of which are absolutely 100% fantastic things..

Oh, you must be one of those retards..

- - - Updated - - -

Though it's all normalized (which should be ridiculously obvious to anyone talking about the subject) so none of this actually matters.
    How are they fantastic? What good does limiting people that want to push the edge of thier playing? Why did they remove realm firsts with new servers? why limit raiding? becuase casuals cried that it FORCED them to grind to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I know there's supposed to be bad luck protection, but it's either really fucking bad, or it doesn't work right. Hopefully the bag will be nice to one of us in 2 hours...
    Please do keep in mind that it's likely that the bad luck protection works off of multiple factors - nolifing the past 9 days is all well and fine, it means you've increased your "potential-for-drop"-amount a ton because you've killed tons of bosses, and have opened tons of caches. But if there is also a time-factor involved in the calculation, it means that you'll be far more likely to see a legendary drop as time passes - and that we'll likely start seeing a lot of them going out after a month or so of time played. To give an example using math:

9 Days passed - 50 bosses killed per day, 450 total bosses. Say chance of a drop is 0.01% - or 1 in 10K per boss kill. With 450 bosses, you're not even close. Each time you kill a boss, your chance increases by 0.001% - so after 450 bosses, you're now at a 0.055% chance to get a drop. However, each passing day since your last legendary adds .01% to your chance as well - as it's been 10 days, that means you'd be a 0.155% chance for a legendary (or less than 1 in 1000). Say you keep this up for 20 days; 50 kills a day, 20 days passed. You'll be at 0.2% chance for a drop from time passed, and 0.1% from boss kills - meaning your chance everytime you kill a boss is now no longer 1 in 10000, but rather, 1 in 333. Still far from guaranteed, but much better. Add another month with just the days passed, and you'll be sitting at 0.6%, or 1 in 166.

Keep in mind these are all fictive numbers - but it should be of no surprise that with a "Bad luck" protection system in place, it's not going to kick in the first (or even the second) week of Legion. We'd be done collecting literally every legendary available for our specs in two months if it did. 1 in 10K is extremely unlikely, but it's clear that even with very small increases in chance, over time, it becomes VERY manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Nobody cares about world/region firsts anymore. This is no longer BC, grow up.
    What a load, more people cared in the last few xpacs than even knew there was a race in TBC. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    There's 19 days to go until mythics are out. It's been 7 days since release. Most legendaries come from caches, not heroics/mythic dungeons. You have plenty of time to get one still. You're freaking out after 1 week about bad luck protection being "really fucking bad". Get a grip man.
    This is true, but it feels like Legion has been out for 6 months okay. I swear doing dungeons for 12+ hours a day makes you go insane. I legitimately forgot what day it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Especially the Mage rings where you don't get the heroism sickness. So if Guild A has more legendary items than Guild B. Guild A is going to have a much easier time.
    So, which guild are you in? How seriously will you take the race? Or are you just a mindless fanboy creating problems where there are none?

its a average like all the other items man, chill.

its like saying that guild that best item dropped on raid first day will have a better time (wich is correct) but thats what the game is about. every guild has to deal with the random drop or repeated drop on fist world race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure blizzard cares more abount the 500k+ ppl having fun with their legendary during raiding than the 60ppl competing for world first
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    yes it's actually quite close aside from maybe about five players who are ahead of the curve. We don't recruit 20 players for the bench like for instance a nihilum.
    Nobody said anything about "star players" getting benched - your claim was only "bad guilds" who won't even progress mythic to begin with would consider taking someone with a legendary over a player without which is clearly utter bs.
    A lot of guilds have equivalent players of a spec and while the social aspects probably will be more often the decider it's ridiculous to claim it can never be the item that makes a player the choice for progression over someone else in a somewhat decent guild.
    Your claim and the OP's false claim is that legendaries will be the deciding factor over everything else on whom goes and whom doesn't is what is ridiculous here. It's a non issue that exists only in your mind.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Your claim and the OP's false claim is that legendaries will be the deciding factor over everything else on whom goes and whom doesn't is what is ridiculous here. It's a non issue that exists only in your mind.
    Ah I see straight up to the next delusions. It's actually a bit sad.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-09 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    As I thought before release the Legendary drop rate is stupidly unfair.

We are now just over one reset after release. I have personally done 18 mythic dungeons (8 first week and 10 second week). I must have done around 100 heroics and have done every single cache. I hit level cap a few hours after release. I currently don't have a legendary and neither does the majority of my guild. We had the first level 110's. We've been spamming heroics since release pretty much. We've usually had 2-3 groups consistently spamming heroics. 40 people minimum online at all times doing high level content. We've seen 1 legendary drop for a guildie and it's the shield necklace. Meanwhile other guilds on our server have 5 or more legendaries? How is this remotely fair.

Do you know how disheartening it is to zone into the 111th dungeon and see some crap player pulling sub 100k DPS with a legendary? Why? Why are people who do 2 heroics getting legendaries when I've done hundreds and not seen one drop. I could understand it if "I'm just unlucky" but over 60 good players being "unlucky" while countless shiters get their legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Especially the Mage rings where you don't get the heroism sickness. So if Guild A has more legendary items than Guild B. Guild A is going to have a much easier time.
    The pyro bracers sim a decent amount higher for ST and dragons breath helm is king for AoE. Shard of the Exodar is the second best for both, so wont matter till you get the 2nd slot unlocked. At least get your facts straight. I agree that the legendaries and their randomness is quite annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    please my sides. This shit is beyond hilarious. Not only can you not raid untill 20 days after the expansion, but the welfare legendarys that they are handing out to everyone will be deactivated durring raiding?
    No, his post is wrong. I'm 99% sure blizzard stated they changed their stance on this and legendaries will be usable from day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oqtopus View Post
    legendaries will be disabled in mythic raids for the first few weeks so no
    They changed that. Now they will be usable in mythic world first race.

Most legendaries have a VERY low or even zero impact on a player performances, if the legendary ring rng in hfc didn't have an impact on the world first race these legendaries have actually 0 chance to get one, even those who give the most "broken" effect like the mage double timewarp won't give more than a 5% dps increase on progress kills, which really isn't enough to be game breaking

Ah I see straight up to the next delusions.
    The only delusion I can see is yours thinking this is a real issue that's actually going to impact anyone. People whom normally get sat for X reasons are still going to be sat for those reasons, legendary or not and those that normally get in are still going to get in legendary or not. It's actually amazing you and the OP really think this is an issue. It's simultaneously quite funny and quite sad.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

If you honestly believe legendary items will change Serenity from getting world first then I want what you are smoking.

The only delusion I can see
    Only thing you see is jackshit. Despite even quoting the posts you keep on making up statements I supposedly made as if you were actually illiterate and couldn't grasp what you quote.
    A lot of guilds have equivalent players of a spec and while the social aspects probably will be more often the decider it's ridiculous to claim it can never be the item that makes a player the choice for progression over someone else in a somewhat decent guild.
    is that legendaries will be the deciding factor over everything else on whom goes and whom doesn't
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-09 at 01:09 AM.

By this logic, whoever was the most lucky with drops between Method and Paragon won the last race, and not the one who had the best strat.

Are you for real? Let's say 4 soul capacitor dropped for one guild and none for the other in the HFC race, how is that any different from legendaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think that will be the case. Not because legendaries aren't retarded or won't have any impact on progression but simply because there is no competition for the actual world first.
    An important point that a lot of people don't seem to realize.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't understand why this would be a problem even if legendary items did dictate world first. Seems like this would only be a problem for those who could honestly compete for the world first. That's what... a relative handful of people? I wonder if anyone here is even in that position?