Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highesthand View Post
    I neither play WoW nor care for it, and I don't hate it either. As an English prep teacher, I just wanted to point out the clever use of propaganda that many companies use to gain rep. I want to help you guys see through this.
    So you don't play wow or care about it at all, but you are on this site, reading wow news, AND cared enough to post?

Look, it's a PR statement. It's going to have spin. That's what you do when making a PR statement. So it's not like I necessarily disagree with anything you say here. But the weird "I'm an authority on this but really don't care at all even though I care enough to post" is just a tad dubious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Legion is awesome. If you want to be a sucker, come join us....if not, well....sucks for you!
    Lemme see the features.

- No flying

- No 2v2 pet battle PvP

Nope. Pass!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    So with Chinese having to buy the expansion like the rest of the world for the first time, it's 3.3mil
    hahahahahah
    No they don't. Where did you even get that from? The only change in China was they converted to monthly subscriptions.

@chaud can you please change the title from "Legion - 3.3 Million Copies Sold" to "Legion - 3.3 Million Copies Sold On Day One", thanks.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I got to beat Maw of Souls on Mythic before this sort of nerf!

Also, to all the haters - I was with you throughout much of Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor but I can say, without a doubt, so far, I've posted minimally on this website, because I've been WAY TOO BUSY with all of the content that's available! I'm having so much fun, I cannot believe it. I've not enjoyed WoW this much in SO LONG.

Blizzard gets baseballs in the forms of different games thrown at them every year or so... usually they hit them out of the park. So far, Legion is to the moon. I seriously still can't believe this is reality. They pulled up their big boy pants and busted ass on this one.

I'm so impressed, thankful, and happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Lemme see the features.

- No flying

- No 2v2 pet battle PvP

Nope. Pass!
    Flying will come.

Pet battles? what in the literal hell? lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Because the WoD launch was trash, the servers kept crashing and people were so sicked and tired of it that a lot of them have just put off playing for some time (the hardcore raiders that powerlevelled to 100 in the first week are a minority). Meanwhile in Legion, everyone went different paths on release, so the servers were doing much better and people didn't crash AND people weren't sick and tired of spawns being stolen from them.
    Remember that WoD's instability problems were solved the moment they added the sharding system (less than a week in). That system was all what was needed really. Us being split up into separate actual zones doesn't matter when they gained the ability to dynamically split us into multiple parallels of the same zone.

Quote Originally Posted by atl4ntis View Post
    @chaud can you please change the title from "Legion - 3.3 Million Copies Sold" to "Legion - 3.3 Million Copies Sold On Day One", thanks.
    Hahaha! You are so funny.

here come all of the wow haters trying to explain away the success of Legion

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    rolls eyes

You're either confused or responding to the wrong post.
    Without real, solid, numbers I'm inclined to call bullshit.

There was a point in time they bragged about how many subs they had. It got so bad they stopped. They have not started up again.

If you're going to argue that having 12 million plus subs has the same amount of concurrent players then I'm inclined not to believe you. It's possible, surely, but I am just having a problem trusting their word. It's not like they've been the pillar of honesty and integrity.

Or... you can keep drinking the koolaid. Maybe they'll bring back ecto-cooler.
    you people even called the "hard" numbers bullshit back then, so there's really no point trying to satisfy you, since it's impossible.
    And yes, you people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Flying will come.

Pet battles? what in the literal hell? lol.
    I'm sorry, is it difficult to understand that someone likes a feature that you don't? I know that can be...complicated, but perhaps not everyone logs in for the same reasons as you for their daily entertainment in the game.

And flying will come...at the end. Again. Just wait. And fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? Nice try, but I wasn't raised to be a fool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'm sorry, is it difficult to understand that someone likes a feature that you don't? I know that can be...complicated, but perhaps not everyone logs in for the same reasons as you for their daily entertainment in the game.

And flying will come...at the end. Again. Just wait. And fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? Nice try, but I wasn't raised to be a fool.
    Is flying really that important to you? I don't get it. It so obviously trivializes all ground-based content in the game. This expansion's zones are literally built around exploring on foot, finding treasures and rare encounters just off the beaten path, beneath bridges, on ledges you can only reach by jumping or climbing around, etc.

I can't imagine playing through some of these zones, especially Val'sharah, for example, on a flying mount. It would completely ruin the majesty of the zone, and all of the explorable things they put in there at ground-level for you to find.

WoW isn't a game about flying, by any stretch of the imagination. I get that it's convenient, but I can't understand why someone would quit over its exclusion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Is flying really that important to you? I don't get it. It so obviously trivializes all ground-based content in the game. This expansion's zones are literally built around exploring on foot, finding treasures and rare encounters just off the beaten path, beneath bridges, on ledges you can only reach by jumping or climbing around, etc.

I can't imagine playing through some of these zones, especially Val'sharah, for example, on a flying mount. It would completely ruin the majesty of the zone, and all of the explorable things they put in there at ground-level for you to find.

WoW isn't a game about flying, by any stretch of the imagination. I get that it's convenient, but I can't understand why someone would quit over its exclusion.
    And since I care about it a lot more than you, you never will. And I don't care about the convenience, flying IS my immersion in the world. It's been that way for me since level 70. Going anywhere, doing anything, seeing the world from any angle you so choose, finding areas you know other people would just ignore but you find absolutely fascinating...that's what Blizzard removed from me for no other reason than "cuz we say it ruins immersion". Well, I didn't ask them for their stupid opinion on the subject. They could have even rolled flying back to 60% speed for all I care. But remove it outright? For four patches?

Nope. Sorry. Enjoying the game in the way I choose is far more important to me than their idea of how I should be forced to play. Make sense now?

Of course not. You're one of "those" people.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    so in 1 day WoW sells 3x more copies of an Expansion than the next highest subbed MMO has as an entire Playerbase. Yet WoW is the one that is dead.

Lolk.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    so in 1 day WoW sells 3x more copies of an Expansion than the next highest subbed MMO has as an entire Playerbase. Yet WoW is the one that is dead.

Lolk.
    I know feels good to shuttup the haters. yes their rebutal. waittttttt ppl will get bored and quit, no contentttt. wows dyinggggg. ahh the endless cycle

Sub really don't mean jack for most people.
    Low-pop servers still kinda suck and still needs to be merged!
    High-pop servers, still packed and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

Lolk.
    not in 1 day only since blizzcon because they had to include pre purchase into it - its a disastrously bad outcome considering how they even give early acces to demon hunters .

Quote Originally Posted by revize View Post
    Sub really don't mean jack for most people.
    Low-pop servers still kinda suck and still needs to be merged!
    High-pop servers, still packed and awesome.
    Since everything is cross server now, this 2006 statement means nothing anymore.

On my low server I hardly can see the auctioneers in Stormwind at prime time.

The economy is fabulous with cross server technology

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not in 1 day only since blizzcon because they had to include pre purchase into it - its a disastrously bad outcome considering how they even give early acces to demon hunters .
    Shrug.

The concurrent number of people is as high as the point where WoW had 12 million players. The East never paid for expansions, not now and not in the old days.

So it is quite obvious player numbers are huge in this launching period, although with cross server technology numbers are even irrelevant. Masses of players everywhere. Give or take several millions

----- The bottom line -----

I am glad Blizzard refound its roots again with WoW, because I am dissapointed with their other games. HS, Heroes is garbage atm and Diablo3 must be the most shallow game in the history of gaming (since they took out trading).
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-09-09 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    No they don't. Where did you even get that from? The only change in China was they converted to monthly subscriptions.
    Does that mean blizzard is getting more money?