10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's more consistent and the lower individual effect makes missing reduction (procs at a bad time, etc) less punishing, which overall makes it slightly better, but ultimately doesn't change much. Fury still needs a buff in either direct ability damage, or (in my opinion), a buff to TfB and cleave mechanics.
    Either a raw damage buff or a buff to our mastery so we're rewarded more for the damage penalty would be nice

Deleted
    It's more consistent and the lower individual effect makes missing reduction (procs at a bad time, etc) less punishing, which overall makes it slightly better, but ultimately doesn't change much. Fury still needs a buff in either direct ability damage, or (in my opinion), a buff to TfB and cleave mechanics.
    Agreed. I'm holding up pretty well in my guild (vs UH DK's, Outlaw Rogues, etc., even on single target), but that's clearly some of them doing something wrong, rather than Fury being magically better.

Considering the Enrage helmet and later T19 4-pc, maybe the direct ability damage increase sounds a bit more juicy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    What's the score with this then because when I was testing Fury on the beta a while back this was not the case, it was pretty RNG but I'm seeing a lot of people essentially say it's so rare that it might as well not exist, to the extent of being broken. Pretty glad I've not invested enough AP in my Fury artifact for a major trait yet.
    Out of 500 Rampages (casts, not individual hits) it procced a total of 4 times. They've changed it as of yesterday to have double the proc chance (which arguably, was less than 1% according to my statistics!) but half the effect so 1 sec CD instead of 2.

I think I'd rather see Baseline crit returned, but admittedly that's quite the pipe dream at this point. This is basically where I'm at as far as wish lists would be concerned.

1) Baseline BT crit (30% probably)
    2) Odyn's Champion back to 12 seconds at current effect

AoE/Cleave

1) Meat Cleaver duration based
    2) Enrage procs from all BT hits
    3) Rampage cleaves for more damage

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post

30% baseline crit + proccing off of cleaved crits sounds kind of ridiculous tbh, it should either get a higher baseline crit, or proc off of cleaved targets.
    reasoning: When AoEing with the current TfB system (no baseline crit) you would still have a higher enrage uptime if cleaved crits proccd enrage. Same goes for only proccing off of the main target with higher baseline crit. Both at once would be overkill imo, since our cleave is already decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Creraria View Post
    30% baseline crit + proccing off of cleaved crits sounds kind of ridiculous tbh, it should either get a higher baseline crit, or proc off of cleaved targets.
    reasoning: When AoEing with the current TfB system (no baseline crit) you would still have a higher enrage uptime if cleaved crits proccd enrage. Same goes for only proccing off of the main target with higher baseline crit. Both at once would be overkill imo, since our cleave is already decent.
    Might be a little too good, sure.

Maybe they could change TfB to stack from Raging Blow, Execute, and Rampage and then let BT proc enrage on any hit?
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-09-08 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    Cleaved BT crits could have a 50% chance to activate Enrage just like how they do 50% damage.

Deleted
    Personally, the way I see fury is as a spec that does indeed take a bit more damage, but offsets it with great healing. This way, furies can be burst down easier than other classes if controlled and if they lose their concentration, but if they know what they're doing, their healing abilities keep them up nicely.

The fact that furies heal from "Bloodthirst" suggests to me that the healing comes from the adrenaline of battle, wounding, maiming, killing, and so on. Perhaps from losing control a bit. That's why I think that Enrage should give a fast-acting passive heal. However, I've been thinking a bit of a rework of Bloodthirst as well;

Instead of how BT works now, I was thinking it could be used again during it's cooldown, but if done so, it would deal X% less damage. This could be a huge damage drop, and it could stack, maybe to a point where BT deals no damage. This would reset the cooldown and give a stacking debuff as well, but it would give the fury a bit more healing. This also wouldn't generate any rage. It would, of course, mix up the rotation and make it so that instead of dealing damage and generating rage, the fury would be so intoxicated with the battle that they'd just be swinging wildly and hacking their enemy to pieces (or thinking that's what they're doing at least), thus healing themselves. The stacking debuff would grow to X, after which, if you'd hit that high, the extra healing of BT couldn't be used and it would function as a regular damage ability.

I'm thinking the extra heals could also incur a shorter global, or an even ever shorter one. This way it would be like a fast "oh shit" -type of healing ability where you just stop to swing at the enemy and heal yourself without actually doing damage. However, at the same time, you grow the debuff until you get this adrenaline crash. Think UFC fighters going for the finish and failing, then being all spent afterwards.

I know this might be a bit too out of the box for most people, but something like this might be a bit more interesting than the same old boring rotation furies do all the time, especially in PvP situations. The debuff and what it does, the cooldowns, durations and globals could of course be adjusted to where they work.

can some1 tell me what their mythic dungeon experience are as fury warrior? particular taking damage while enrage.

for example one of boss in black rook hold. he unleash souls and group takes damage, arms can lower the damage switching to def stance, can't imagine how much damage fury warrior took while on enrage

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    can some1 tell me what their mythic dungeon experience are as fury warrior? particular taking damage while enrage.

for example one of boss in black rook hold. he unleash souls and group takes damage, arms can lower the damage switching to def stance, can't imagine how much damage fury warrior took while on enrage
    I don't notice much of a difference. Mythics aren't very hard to begin with so even though I take a little more damage on mechanics I can't avoid, I still have a higher health pool to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Personally, the way I see fury is as a spec that does indeed take a bit more damage, but offsets it with great healing. This way, furies can be burst down easier than other classes if controlled and if they lose their concentration, but if they know what they're doing, their healing abilities keep them up nicely.
    What great healing offsets the 20% damage taken? 4% heal every ~4 seconds is what we have. In comparison a shadow priest with 20% haste can heal passively with Vampiric Touch for about 1.5% total health every ~2 seconds. Difference is it can crit and then they heal for 3% for that tick.

Oh yeah, and it can be cast on multiple targets to heal multiple times. When they are at 100% hp that heal can be made into a passive shield for up to 8% of their health. Yes, it's a trait but by the time Nighthold releases we'll all have pretty much fully unlocked artifacts(without the 20/20 trait)

But wait, there's more. They have a Shield that can protect 10% of their HP instant. Then they have a heal that can heal them for 10% of their hp, 1.5 sec cast without haste. But wait, there's more. They have a 60% dmg reduction cooldown, which can get a trait to heal them for 50% of their hp.

And last but not least, Twist of Faith increases their healing by 20% when they damage something under 35%.

All we have as a trait is 3% extra healing on bloodthirst if we are under 20%... Every single thing we get, has a fucking drawback.

Our only cooldown reduces our damage taken by 30% and makes bloodthirst heal for 24%. In it's duration we can heal for about 72% IF we are in melee range of something. And the 30% dmg reduction is about 10% once you add in the damage taken increase from Enrage.

So when you talk about this "great healing" I don't know what the fuck you are going on about.

4% healing every 4-4.5s (provided BT is hit everytime on CD) is worse than a feral druid's/sub rogue's passive healing and they don't have to be hitting something for it to take effect (hell sub rogues also essentially have enraged defense on a 30s CD). They also don't take 30% more damage for their superior healing.

BT heal really needs to be higher and the pvp penalty shouldn't exist. The increased health is pretty much the only good tradeoff for taking 30% more damage right now, but that's not enough. Especially in PvP.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-09 at 03:37 AM.

To get to 3 seconds cooldown on BT you probably need to get to around 40% haste. Which we won't be seeing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I think I'd rather see Baseline crit returned, but admittedly that's quite the pipe dream at this point. This is basically where I'm at as far as wish lists would be concerned.

2) Odyn's Champion back to 12 seconds at current effect

AoE/Cleave

1) Meat Cleaver duration based
    3) Rampage cleaves for more damage
    Putting base crit on Enrage would probably be the best route, as it would help fix ST, AoE, and the Execute phase; though Fury certainly doesn't need guaranteed crits.

That aside, the TfB mechanic works well enough, though it doesn't do much for Execute, it's pretty obvious they want that filled by Massacre. Still, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with using FS as a fallback when BT fails to crit, the proc is just too short and individually too weak. The idea of going up to 6 stacks alone is ridiculous, especially when you consider the amount of failed BT crits that entails and the overall time it takes to get there. Ideally 1 stack of TfB should be all you need with the rare 2-3 when BT just won't crit... going up to 6 stacks is ridiculous.

• For ST: Increasing TfB's duration to 12-15s, and increasing the amount per stack to ~25% would go a long way to helping smooth out the single target disparity. Increasing it's damage output would also help the opportunity cost considerably; dealing half the damage of BT and only two thirds of Whirlwind makes it feel as though someone forgot while assigning coefficients that offhand attacks deal half damage.
    • For AoE: ither allow Whirlwind to stack TfB if it hits more than one target, or simply allow BT cleave crits to proc Enrage.

you guys are making me go crazy trying to figure out TfB... by TfB are you referring to meatcleaver? Thirst for blood, by that name, isn't in the game?

EDIT - Taste for Blood, BT crit buff from furious slash. shows you how often i think about furious slash.
    Last edited by valenwood; 2016-09-09 at 05:44 AM.
    (Rhokaln:Hyjal)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    What great healing offsets the 20% damage taken? 4% heal every ~4 seconds is what we have.
    Yes. And if you read the entire post instead of just the first line you're commenting on, you'd see very clearly that I was talking about a situation where furies would actually have great healing to offset the higher incoming damage. Such as, for example, a fast-acting passive heal from Enrage, as well as a revamped Bloodthirst.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    So when you talk about this "great healing" I don't know what the fuck you are going on about.
    Well, I suppose you didn't read the entire post then.

Maybe I was in the dungeon with a bad Furry warrior. But he was lvl 110 furry I am only 103 as Arm and I did more damage than him on both the boss and trash.. Of course we have aDH tank and BM hunger so they do a lot for damage and dps than both of us. I think i did around 16 to 17% total damage and he did around 14 to 15%? Not much difference but consider the level gap. So I am not really sure if Arm strongs atm or that Furry warrior just suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    Maybe I was in the dungeon with a bad Furry warrior. But he was lvl 110 furry I am only 103 as Arm and I did more damage than him on both the boss and trash.. Of course we have aDH tank and BM hunger so they do a lot for damage and dps than both of us. I think i did around 16 to 17% total damage and he did around 14 to 15%? Not much difference but consider the level gap. So I am not really sure if Arm strongs atm or that Furry warrior just suck.
    Stats scale way better to lower level players than they do for level 110s. I believe the scaling dungeon system falls under the same sort of trickery as is the case with timewalking dungeons, where level-appropriate epic/legendary gear vastly outperforms anything else. Your level 103 might very well have a much better ilvl in comparison to it's level than a level 110 character would, seeing as though level 110 itemlevels go up to like, what, 880+? And if he was in a normal dungeon, chances are his ilvl was pretty damn low.

Deleted
    So Odyn's Champion proc is still garbage but now it only reduces your CDs by 1 second. I thought they won't nerf fury and make us play arms, but apparently, it's going in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yes. And if you read the entire post instead of just the first line you're commenting on, you'd see very clearly that I was talking about a situation where furies would actually have great healing to offset the higher incoming damage. Such as, for example, a fast-acting passive heal from Enrage, as well as a revamped Bloodthirst.

Well, I suppose you didn't read the entire post then.

Actually I did read it, but dismissed it because there is already such a mechanic to make Bloodthirst have next to no cooldown and you should know that if you played. It's called Slaughterhouse, it's a pvp Talent and even tho it's way stronger than your idea for a gimped as all hell BT, it's still not enough.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=199204

So once an enemy reaches ~60% the BT cooldown is low enough to spam it every GCD. So you get 2% of your HP back(since it is PvP) every gcd - about 50k every 1.5 seconds. This Bloodthirst spam tho, ensures 1 thing only - that you will be enraged for sure. So unless the enemy is so bad they can't do more than 30k dps(since you'll be taking 40 because of enrage) you will never ever outlast, or even outheal their damage.

And you actually want an even shittier version of this that does no damage to be put in?