Page 28 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So is WW not wanted for anything? I have a 827 ilvl and every mythic i sign up for i get declined.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    So is WW not wanted for anything? I have a 827 ilvl and every mythic i sign up for i get declined.
    yes exactly. even though you at an ilvl that can easily be topped and a melee in a melee-saturated playerbase it is the spec that is unwanted

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    So...Small theorycrafting update. Tornado Kicks was slightly changed/nerfed since beta to no longer factor in the mastery from the original Rising Sun Kick. Meaning if I did 100,000 * 1.25 from mastery. So the original RSK does 125,000 damage. However with tornado Kick, it takes the pre-mastery value (100,000) and multiplies that by 25%. So Tornado Kick will do 25,000 damage.

This SLIGHTLY lowers' it's worth, and pushes it to the 19th trait to get (following Transfer the Power) IF you are going counter clock-wise and skipping Gale Burst.
    Should I skip over it if I went Clockwise? It's currently on deck as my 19th trait or I could skip over it and take the 5% to SEF?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    I've noticed that Tornado Kicks is the same damage no matter how hard my RSK hits. IE whether or not I crit with RSK, the Tornado Kick portion is always the same, but itself can crit. Is this intended or a bug?

Example:

Your Rising Sun Kick hit Training Bag 231553 Physical.
    Your Rising Sun Kick hit Training Bag 42108 Physical (Tornado Kick part)

Your Rising Sun Kick hit Training Bag 463105 Physical. (Critical)
    Your Rising Sun Kick hit Training Bag 42108 Physical (Tornado Kick part)

Based on the way it reads it should be an extra 25% of the damage from RSK. Right now its just a constant damage additive.
    It is 25% of the BASE damage ( 9.1 * AP * ( 1 + Vers % ) ). After that it has it's own crit chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    Should I skip over it if I went Clockwise? It's currently on deck as my 19th trait or I could skip over it and take the 5% to SEF?
    That is a tough call really. It's about as strong as Crosswinds. So it's up to you if you want more damage from SEF/Serenity, or a bit more single target from Rising Sun Kick. Though to be fair, going SEF/Serenity, you are one trait closer to getting the FoF trait which is huge.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-09-09 at 02:17 AM.

You will always get declined as any dps, even if you have uber ilvl and are an op class

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    yes exactly. even though you at an ilvl that can easily be topped and a melee in a melee-saturated playerbase it is the spec that is unwanted
    just proves that "play what you enjoy" is a fallacy. you can only play what people will take.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    You will always get declined as any dps, even if you have uber ilvl and are an op class
    that only applies to getting declined every so often. but ive gotten declined for every single group ive queued for the past week.

It's because people do not know how strong WW are at cleave dps right now. I top every group (including guild groups) in damage atm. I fear nerfs will be forthcoming soon but I could be wrong.

You can always make your own groups and be picky like them too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    It is 25% of the BASE damage ( 9.1 * AP * ( 1 + Vers % ) ). After that it has it's own crit chance.
    Seems pretty lackluster for a Gold trait then.

They seem to have fixed the roll/fsk bug. PRAISE THE TITANS.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    It's because people do not know how strong WW are at cleave dps right now. I top every group (including guild groups) in damage atm. I fear nerfs will be forthcoming soon but I could be wrong.

You can always make your own groups and be picky like them too.
    after 5 more declines i finally got into a group. wrecked dps on every fight and got 3 pieces of gear.

I'd take a full group of WWs. No idea why others don't. I get groups but I'm 836.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Make another calculation -
    What if the fight is long enough to delay SEF until You have FoF and SotW up again.
    Are you saying the pushback causes a chain reaction? And therefore is a loss? I don't think that follows but I could be wrong. That's why I'm asking!

From a fresh monk: When you're wading through mythics (eventually mythic+), how do you use SEF on trash? With small pulls I find myself reluctant to use it, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaman23 View Post
    Middle of the pack. If we are any higher we would get nerfed until we are middle of the pack. Can't be gods at aoe, burst aoe, and ST.
    Whilst I agree with your statement that no class should be in that position there has usually always been at least one class or spec that has been the god spec/class.

So given that in action there is going to be certain over performing specs there's no reason it can't be WW.
    Last edited by Juliansfist; 2016-09-09 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Are you saying the pushback causes a chain reaction? And therefore is a loss? I don't think that follows but I could be wrong. That's why I'm asking!
    There's always a chain reaction.
    I am saying that You have two stacks of SEF, so delaying it makes no such harm as delaying FoF/SotW.
    Of course it is really depended on how long is the fight and so on, but I do conisder You are talking about dungeons, so in most cases You will not use more than 2 SEF.
    Unfortunately I am not a math nerd, but rather just theorycrafter, so I can't place You the numbers for Your requests.
    Obviously my statements could be wrong as well, sims are needed here!

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    From a fresh monk: When you're wading through mythics (eventually mythic+), how do you use SEF on trash? With small pulls I find myself reluctant to use it, for some reason.
    Of course: make sure You have the CD back on the boss, this is what I am prioritizing most.
    Then, I use it on 3 targets+ while having at least FoF, SotW & WDP available.
    Or if there are many targets, then I do leave them to stack SCK (de)buff and spam SCK.

Also, use SEF if You know that the targets will be alive for these 15 seconds.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Lord and behold, there is a god!

Hotfixes for 8. September:

(In progress) Players should no longer be stopped abruptly when executing uncontrolled movement spells such as Roll, Fel Rush, and Flying Serpent Kick.

Best news in a long time.

Deleted
    just proves that "play what you enjoy" is a fallacy. you can only play what people will take.

that only applies to getting declined every so often. but ive gotten declined for every single group ive queued for the past week.
    The problem there isn't with WW, but it seems to be with melee in general. Most people in my guild who go with pug's as melee are having trouble, but are still able to find groups eventually. Ranged / tanks / healers always find something very fast. That's a bit strange, seeing there are not many melee-unfriendly bosses and packs in the instances, and some melees (including WW) are among the strongest specs right now in terms of damage and survivabilty. But it seems the mentality has carried over from the former raids. But there's always the possibility of organizing your own group, which isn't that hard as you only need 5 players for the content. I know it's kind of a shitty argument, though, as it should be balanced enough and the organizing players should be made aware of it, so that people should be able to find groups with all classes/specs.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-09-09 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    Lord and behold, there is a god!

Hotfixes for 8. September:

(In progress) Players should no longer be stopped abruptly when executing uncontrolled movement spells such as Roll, Fel Rush, and Flying Serpent Kick.

Best news in a long time.
    I see they tagged it as in progress. I really hope it will be fixed, am on EU and atm they're still rooting you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    They seem to have fixed the roll/fsk bug. PRAISE THE TITANS.
    They have not, got stuck like 3 times 10 mins ago

With my 842ilvl WW monk, I have no single issue with finding any group.

And on fights like Serpentix or Wrath of Azshara are in favor for melees.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

people would be dumb to decline a decently geared ww right now anyway, in 5 mans we destroy. If it were me i'd have no prob doing 3 ww dps on anything currently out lol.

When you pug just add people who don't suck and after like 1 day of playing you will probably have 10 people who have electrons in their brains when it comes to world of warcraft on your friends list. Then again I will always make the group because I am that asshole who kicks you if you havn't done it 100 times on beta already so what do I know.