Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You cant. I tried as MW.
    I even healed them as shadow priest.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

It's not just tanks, it's all melee. They have a short interrupt CD and nearly all of them have an on demand stun and additional way to interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You can heal them but they lose the health again, so technically you did but not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=110954/leystalker-dro

I'm not sure how that's supposed to work as a Mage given that I don't have any stuns and Frost Nova breaks instantly. I'd really appreciate a video of somebody actually killing him as a Mage so I have an idea of what the fuck is actually required to pull it off, because I can't even get close with 25+ withered. Meanwhile my friend can kill him with a single withered as a tank, and just shrugs at me when I ask for advice.

It is really easy with an army this big. He is slowable, so you just keep the flamestrike on him and kite him while withered DPS him down. When he gets close - blink, nova, etc. I suggest tanking him for a bit while doing combust+TW burst at start to make it go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You can heal them, but the health just disappears afterward.

For extra bonus frustration, if you were healing them in combat with shadowmend, the heal goes away but the DoT does not.

The only heals that work on them are shields - PW:S and presumably Clarity of Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Every time I try to use Gift of the Naaru to get a low HP withered back up, the heal takes... then reverts. Something's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You cant. I tried as MW.
    One of the healers in my guild claims you can heal them as long as they're in combat. The revert thing only happens if you try outside of combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I 100% (except the room you have to have 2 berserkers for) completed the withered training on my second try, I did the second run right after my first one, was really easy as a havoc DH, first try I got 3 5 man chests.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the tips earlier, yesterday I managed to get over 400 points and even pick up three big chests

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You can heal the withered in a healer role fwiw.
    Can anyone here confirm, from personal experience, that this works? Even if the HPs revert after combat ends, can you at least heal them during combat?

Confirmed: You can effectively do this as a healer. I went in with just 15 Withered this time as a test, including one berserker. Cleared all the way down to Dro, and even though I pulled him with just 1 berserker left (sent back a 10 man and a 5 man) I got him to 39%.

The health fading out of combat is a real thing. My berserker's actual health would keep dropping to it's lowest point if I didn't heal him, but that wasn't a big deal. Basically, the lowest he gets hit to becomes his effective "max baseline HP", but he still has the same overall cap. Meaning, if I'd let him drop to 1.0M/1.5M, when I wasn't healing him he'd sit at 1.0M, but I could heal him and keep him at 1.5M. So if you're gonna do this as a healer, try to keep spamming him with heals during combat so that he's always up near his original max HP. (Basically he should be catching a heal after every hit or two). Don't worry about your mana, just spam big heals on him and regen between pulls.

Would be nice if they fixed it so his HPs worked like a normal player's, but oh well. Still doable. Easier even, than doing it as enhance was for me. Good luck!

I've been clearing it all the way as dps since last reset. I can see some specs having more trouble, but it's really no big deal. Good thing tanks can't solo the Arcway / Court of Stars.

Seems like people want tanks to be good at nothing and be punished or gimped in every aspect of the game.

I do run the scenario as tank and if it makes you feel any better I lost all the rewards when I was kicked out for no reason. RIP rewards.
    Last edited by Sammonoske; 2016-09-12 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    The rewards don't improve after like 400 points. It is very easy to get 400 points as any dps spec.

In a week or two everyone (who is serious about it) will have all the chests opened and it will be easy for them... and they will realize there isn't much to do in it but grind your 425 rep and move on. Balancing withered training isn't something Blizz should focus their attention on unless they plan on expanding this in literally every content patch.
    Try doing it on a shadow priest week one. With low gear, you will get your first 200 point. And then meet my good friend Leystalker Dro. Do that can tell me it is "very easy". You have obviously no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=110954/leystalker-dro

I'm not sure how that's supposed to work as a Mage given that I don't have any stuns and Frost Nova breaks instantly. I'd really appreciate a video of somebody actually killing him as a Mage so I have an idea of what the fuck is actually required to pull it off, because I can't even get close with 25+ withered. Meanwhile my friend can kill him with a single withered as a tank, and just shrugs at me when I ask for advice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypCVrHHLxFo

Me doing it as a mage on one of the earlier pulls (dro at 24.13 with 1 withered up);

BEFORE YOU START
    - Unlock the highest possible ancient mana cap that you can for your given rep : more mana -> more withered (2K is max)
    To do this, make sure to loot the 5 treasures that increase your ancient mana cap by 100
    - Best Ancient Mana farming spot: Ancient Mana farm Spot
    60.0 55.0 in Suramar, easy access via portal to vinyards; either follow the route from the video or server hop at the coordinates

TIPS AND TRICKS:

General:

Tag every mob before they get close to your withered so you have aggro
    There is no time limit so you can wait for cd's if you desire
    375 score required for max rep rewards

Area 1: Dryads/Volatile wraiths
    - Let the volatile wraiths cast arcane munition on you, but make sure to be away from your withered
    - Use your stun/blind/knockback/fear when the wraith casts explosion (even stuff like paralyze works); Can pop cd's at 30% health if you're having trouble killing it before explosion.
    - Clear everything untill you get to the spider area, then go back and loot all chests (use up your withered to bring back the big chests, prioritize 5withered chests)

Area 2: Spider area and leywatcher Dro
    - Clear as much of the area (don't hit the eggs or collect any withered, you actually want a small amount of withered (ideally 1 while you've used up all the rest for chests) because Dro won't do his unavoidable AOE withered NUKE.
    - Be wary of Dro spawning -> instant CC him -> clear the entire spider area while going back to Dro to reapply CC (if you have 1 withered you can wait for him to teleport to you, if you have multiple you need to chain CC so he doesn't charge all your withered). All CC works: fear, root, sheep, paralyze etc.
    - If you have multiple withered while Dro is alive, you can open the side doors requireing 10 withered and clear those areas depending on difficulty (while cc'ing Dro).

-Skip the big Etin (I died there in the video) run around his path and you can collect the withered and then finish the scenario upstairs (pretty straightforward area)!
    - If you want to do the Etin:
    pull him back into the hallway so you don't have to deal with endless spiders
    Try to pull him away from your withered so he won't eat them / aoe kill them (You want none of your withered to be in range with him, while also not to far away that they will disappear.

Once after looting all the chests before dro, and whichever are still lootable after kiting dro and killing him, the next scenario will be a lot easier, you will have around 28 withered when dro spawns, you pop all cd's with your withered berserking and you kill him before he kills to many of your withered (I had 22 remaining and cleared the entire scenario with those)

20 withered + BM spec = 650+ point EZ

sucks to be a caster

Deleted
    Easy as fuck as a hunter. current highscore is 608 points for me.

Did the most of it as MM, swapped to BM for a pet taunt on the Ettin boss.

Bosses are very easily kiteable, you need to be smart about dealing with Dro but that's about it.

Do you get points for how fast you go or how much you kill? What's the formula for that value?

Quote Originally Posted by Prostatus View Post
    Do you get points for how fast you go or how much you kill? What's the formula for that value?
    All nonboss mobs give points, regardless of how fast you kill them its the same. I assume different mobs award different points but never really paid attention

Some gauntlet mobs may give 0 points / tiny spiders etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Can anyone here confirm, from personal experience, that this works? Even if the HPs revert after combat ends, can you at least heal them during combat?
    The healing done drops after 5 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    To me, it makes more sense for things like this to take place with a predefined set of abilities, like the Huln Highmountain quests or whatever.
    This would be my favored option.