Page 41 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    i had a dream i got this appearance. randomly from mining a node in a cave, one of the big seam nodes. spawned a short questline, which included an npc that followed me around and told me lore.

i feel like this is worth considering as a possibility.
    You heard the man, get on it people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello

I have been following this thread past few days and I have to tell you, I am really suprised you guys still dont find it and sad also
    So I decided to start looking for it aswell. I have only one question atm , has anyone tried to track hidden quests at minimap tracking a run around broken isles ? Didnt see anyone mention that. Hidden appearence/Hidden quest ... maybe ? I know its for tracking low lvl quests , but you never know.

I personally always have that ticked and I do quests whenever I see them. Usually it just refers to low level quests but after having done all the zones and searched high and low for treasure and rares I haven't found any quests that could relate to this as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by borntoheal View Post
    What if to start the quest we need to have the Curse of the Dread blades debuff and speak to a specific NPC.
    interesting thought, i had a thought similar. what if we had to kill a certain boss or mob with every roll the bones buff active. Unfortunately i don't think its either ive killed mostly every dungeon boss like that and i don't think you have to be spec'd outlaw to find skins of dread blades. not sure on that last part but if im correct that takes bribe and crazy hook shot spots out of the equation. its most likely time locked, or a crzy scenario like the hungering orbs or w.e. im currently searching around EoA with no luck... i cant remeber if its been discussed, yes ive read everything but theres like 30 pages lol, but whats the deal with the secret cave with the purple things that you can get to via suramar crystal ball thingys.

Deleted
    U guys don't want to create a premade group for searching ?

I had an idea, made an account for this. I've been following this thread and I had an idea that no one has posted yet (to my knowledge), however it may not actually get us any closer. The third relic slot of The Dreadblades is storm, right? What if we need a certain relic in that slot? It might be far fetched but it's something! Then again replacing a relic destroys it so that makes me doubtful. What do you guys think?

I personally don't think blizzard would have you sabotage your weapon just to get an appearance. Imagine a final tier raider going to get the skin, I don't know many people that'd sacrifice X item levels for a skin and 10 nerd points. Interesting thought though.

p.s. has anyone considered the molten giant from VotW? He is the same type of giant from MC is he not? Could be nothing but the thought just struck me.
    Last edited by heathmann; 2016-09-09 at 03:36 AM.

Yea, but maybe it has something to do with that? Maybe it has to be a certain ilvl? Idk but that relic being a storm relic just tells me that has to have something to do with it. Either way I think there is some prerequisite that we haven't fulfilled to get started because it seems this thread has exhausted all leads.

Ash'Golm has been brought up but doesn't seem to lead to anything as of now.

Edit: maybe the relic slot filled is a prerequisite to finding the quest? Shit idk. I'm just grasping at straws. This hidden appearance feels like a wild goose chase...
    Last edited by Neyt; 2016-09-09 at 04:07 AM.

a few pages back i was the first person to suggest us trying to get to the new thunderaan location in the instance. Has anyone tried? I have no idea how to get there but what if when we zone in someone notices that we arent suppose to be there and recruits us to lock away the big guy, Then we turn on the one trying to lock him away, hand over bindings and as a reward we are granted his "sword" but its the appearance? Seems like this would take this route somehow.

I thought I'd share my thoughts so far in my own search. I don't feel like we've been looking the right way for this appearance.

We are looking for Bindings meant to imprison Thunderaan. It wasn't successful. So the question then is WHO, WHY, and WHERE did those bindings come from?

The Shaman campaign revolves around Thunderaan and Skywall, battling against the Twilight Hammer cult. What else gets involved with the Twilight cult and also seems to be involved? The Drogbar. In the Deep Roads (above the pit) we have both Twlight Orelifters carrying elementium and Twilight Shard guys with Bound Elementals.

Unfortunately I made zero progress searching through here, no luck with Bribe/Parlay, etc. However, it seems to me, like the right path of thought. There were also a number of sigils/runes on the wall that appeared to be Fire/Water/Air, or at least that's what I wanted to believe.

Point being, I think we should be looking at the lore of the artifact's APPEARANCE. Stop going to the old world content and focus on Legion. What other connections can we draw to the desired imprisonment of Thunderaan? What/who else is involved? Who would they trust with the task?

I don't think this could be it, because then it wouldn't start in the broken isles, but let's think like this is the answer for a moment.

How do we get to that instance? Shamans only can because of their quest. Maybe we go to the shaman class hall? But how do we do that? These could be right but either way we can't just do these things without finding something to let us in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK before I go off to bed. Last May-be-something way you can go. in Oceanus Cove there is a Southsea Pirate Ship dragged on shore by a Gaint. Theres a Crew attacking him and Captain being on Ship. You kill the Gaint and Captain comes down. couldnt interact with him or anything but It drops some rusty Hammer with it saying "Fighting Storm Dragons with this hammer is risky". Cannot Equip it though two handed. But might be some clue or Hint. GL guys. 5:!5 here im dead tired. Gonna check upon you guys later.

Hope it leads to something! And Southsea ship 1st time I saw in LEgion.

Found this on the Southsea Ship
    Last edited by Spichora; 2016-09-09 at 04:25 AM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by serkanlol View Post
    a few pages back i was the first person to suggest us trying to get to the new thunderaan location in the instance. Has anyone tried? I have no idea how to get there but what if when we zone in someone notices that we arent suppose to be there and recruits us to lock away the big guy, Then we turn on the one trying to lock him away, hand over bindings and as a reward we are granted his "sword" but its the appearance? Seems like this would take this route somehow.
    You can't get to the location of Thunderaan. He's in the shaman order hall and you can only click on the portal which takes you there (it's an "instance") if you're a shaman. If you go there you probably need to be on the quest "Audience with the Windlord".

I had the idea of talking to Consular Celestos (on of Thunderaan's subordinates) if a shaman made them their open world bodyguard, but that doesn't look like he is an option for a bodyguard.

On a separate not I took a screenshot of the mission board. Can't post links because of new account so just connect the dots. i.imgur.com / MPEG5SF.png

Quote Originally Posted by broggernaut View Post
    I thought I'd share my thoughts so far in my own search. I don't feel like we've been looking the right way for this appearance.

We are looking for Bindings meant to imprison Thunderaan. It wasn't successful. So the question then is WHO, WHY, and WHERE did those bindings come from?

The Shaman campaign revolves around Thunderaan and Skywall, battling against the Twilight Hammer cult. What else gets involved with the Twilight cult and also seems to be involved? The Drogbar. In the Deep Roads (above the pit) we have both Twlight Orelifters carrying elementium and Twilight Shard guys with Bound Elementals.

Unfortunately I made zero progress searching through here, no luck with Bribe/Parlay, etc. However, it seems to me, like the right path of thought. There were also a number of sigils/runes on the wall that appeared to be Fire/Water/Air, or at least that's what I wanted to believe.

Point being, I think we should be looking at the lore of the artifact's APPEARANCE. Stop going to the old world content and focus on Legion. What other connections can we draw to the desired imprisonment of Thunderaan? What/who else is involved? Who would they trust with the task?
    I think you have the right idea but who has the motivation to capture thunderaan again is the big question, and a seemingly obvious one to ask. But there is no one with any obvious motive unless it's hidden away in an obscure quest description. We have elemental a but no elemental lords. We would need someone who is working with an elemental lord. Are there any?

Deleted
    https: // discord.gg /SxDkG

Here is a discord that I made if u guys want to search together for thunderfury or create some premade party

Deleted
    What about making a discord for that hunt ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    OK before I go off to bed. Last May-be-something way you can go. in Oceanus Cove there is a Southsea Pirate Ship dragged on shore by a Gaint. Theres a Crew attacking him and Captain being on Ship. You kill the Gaint and Captain comes down. couldnt interact with him or anything but It drops some rusty Hammer with it saying "Fighting Storm Dragons with this hammer is risky". Cannot Equip it though two handed. But might be some clue or Hint. GL guys. 5:!5 here im dead tired. Gonna check upon you guys later.

Hope it leads to something! And Southsea ship 1st time I saw in LEgion.

[IMG]https: //s12.postimg.org/rgke2qdql/Wo_WScrn_Shot_090916_050640.jpg[/IMG]

Found this on the Southsea Ship

I mean a sea Gaint dragging a pirate ship with friendly NPC s that drops an thunder struck hammer (junk) with orange description that fighting with storm drakes with this hamner might be risky. I think its far too much coincidence. It adds up.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Guys!!! I have completed my class order hall campaign. And when i assign shaw as a combat ally you can summon him to provide intelligence on your enemies!!! Could this be the lead were looking for??? Where is this hammer that drops off a giant? im going to assign shaw and summon him before i fight that guy and see if he suggests anything????

Quote Originally Posted by serkanlol View Post
    Guys!!! I have completed my class order hall campaign. And when i assign shaw as a combat ally you can summon him to provide intelligence on your enemies!!! Could this be the lead were looking for??? Where is this hammer that drops off a giant? im going to assign shaw and summon him before i fight that guy and see if he suggests anything????
    All that does is give you a crit bonus when in stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by acaius View Post
    all that does is give you a crit bonus when in stealth.
    well that sucks.