Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Druids are really solid.

Only thing we might struggle with are heavy burst on the tank that our HoT can't handle.
    The only thing that really helps in those cases is being specced in Cenarion Ward (extremely good for mythics), Ironbark and possibly Regrowth spam.
    Stonebark talent helps in this case, although I tend to favor Flourish. The latter can be combo'ed with Cenarion Ward for bursty tank healing, but is also very versatile in other situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    the struggle of being the literal best 5 man healer.

if this thread was about raiding I can agree, but lol 5 mans

I'm pretty sure we all just got trolled.

I'll admit the stance dancing to bust out 70k dps while still keeping up the mythic group can be a little tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    The struggle is real boys. If you heal heroics/mythics as a resto druid or have done any PvP, you know what I'm talking about.

Shouldn't have chosen druid class based on the Legion armor set, looks too sexy. qq
    What exactly u struggling with? Maybe I can help...

Deleted
    Only thing I am "struggling" witih is being grouped up with really bad players where tank doesn't use his mitigation properly, dps standing in shit in the ground. Fun fact; they do run out of my efflorescence.

The only time I've had issues healing anyone, is if the tank massively overpulls, or the tank is an idiot and isn't mitigating/DPS being lackluster and not interrupting and shit.

Healed mythics from sub 820, all the way to 845 ilvl with zero issues.

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    the struggle of being the literal best 5 man healer.

if this thread was about raiding I can agree, but lol 5 mans
    What do you mean by raiding could be a struggle? I thought Druid is a good raid healer?

15+ Year Old Account
    Every place that compared healing classes for Legion ranked Druid as #1. Talking about 5-man mythic: With the right talents I am not struggling at all. Only struggle you'd have is when certain mechanics are not stunned/kicked/interrupted/dealt with - but every class will struggle in such situations. I feel comfortable healing the whole group. Only major disadvantage would be a missing tank heal burst for when hots on their own aren't enough. But that can be countered by picking Cenarion Ward and/or Ironbark.

Resto is indeed doing so well, that most of the time I'm able to deal a fair amount of damage as well. Of cause I'm nowhere near any damage class but on some encounters I'm close to the tank.

That being said: Druid healing FEELS like a struggle, but really isn't. During some fights my heart is racing because of how HoT healing works: it looks like the group is low on hp when actually hots are ticking and everything is perfectly fine. I'm not sure if it's just me but I feel like my group and my tank, we all need to me topped with HP all the time but honestly: no we don't. Sometimes tanks are complaining about the group not being max. hp while I spam that dmg.
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Just ran a full melee comp with know bloodlust and a moderately geared tank through MoS, VoW, VH and basically AFK'd through most of it as a resto druid (alt spec with only 12 traits). This is the first expac I ever played a druid but it is insanely easy with HoT timers to keep everyone alive. The key is to just keep lifebloom up 100% of the time and spend Omen procs immediately. Flourish + artifact is a perfect way to play catch up if multiple people drop right after u cast WG.

Deleted
    No struggle unless you get lucky with the DH who doesn't use spikes and stays at 100 pain. Other than that druid is fine.

Just remembered some random bullshittery which may help in weird cases - ursol vortex + typhoon can save people in some cases while not spreading mobs. Use that to interrupt shit or to give the tank a bit of time where he doesn't take damage, especially if he moves out of melee when you do it.
    Last edited by mmoc46a51814a6; 2016-09-08 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    Havent had any issues healing heroics, except for the odd squishy DH tank giving me heart attacks...
    So mutch this, this bastads i cant get them up even with my 800k shaman surge crits they drop and drop like hell in Mythics

Only time it's hard is if your dealing with a group filled with shit players. I have been in mythic runs where a DH's resource bar never moved off full for example.. and yeah.. he sucked to heal. Or when 3 DPS and the tank just chill out in the ground AOE. Sure, that was tough. But if you are dealing with at least average players that sure.. make a few mistakes.. but quickly get out of shit or dodge the next one it's pretty much sleep mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Only thing I am "struggling" witih is being grouped up with really bad players where tank doesn't use his mitigation properly, dps standing in shit in the ground. Fun fact; they do run out of my efflorescence.
    Same. And I think a good number of DH that queue as tank are actually DPS'ers that want fast queues. Some of them seem impossible to keep alive.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    You can drink between any combat, this really should never be an issue in 5 mans.
    Sure you can, Quite obviously he knew that, But a big problem is when one pack is nearly dead, Tanks tend to just go and pull another, They don't watch their healers mana, Too many times I've seen tanks bitch and moan if I mention I need a MB, Or if they have to use a cooldown, or just play their role properly.

Can't comment on PvP, but Resto is amazing for 5 mans right now.

Deleted
    Can I drink mid fight while the tank uses literally no mitigation and tunnels minor DPS on the boss? No? Oh ok.

I wasn't complaining about being OOM for the whole instance, just more of a sly dig toward groups I've had bad experiences with. I'm on heroics now though so it doesn't matter.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, playing resto is a struggle for me after reaching 845 ilvl and getting incredibly bored with not having to fight to keep people alive anymore, so I started tanking heroics instead so I'd actually have something to do. That's what you mean, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    Yes, playing resto is a struggle for me after reaching 845 ilvl and getting incredibly bored with not having to fight to keep people alive anymore, so I started tanking heroics instead so I'd actually have something to do. That's what you mean, right?
    I just dps on those dead moments with my affinity talents xD. Sad thing is those dead moments start to appear more frequently and tend to last longer and longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Sure you can, Quite obviously he knew that, But a big problem is when one pack is nearly dead, Tanks tend to just go and pull another, They don't watch their healers mana, Too many times I've seen tanks bitch and moan if I mention I need a MB, Or if they have to use a cooldown, or just play their role properly.
    I let them all die, they'll learn fast enough.