Being tied to ground is starting to get on my nerves. Mostly just because of the fact my mount gets stuck on the smallest rock and you can't climb any hill that isn't specifically marked as walkable. Sucks balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I was talking about the discussion itself. Know that you are not alone in the world
    If i am unhappy about a game i will also start playing something else.
    =) Well that's good to know it's not just me.

I guess the main reason I took exception to what you said was because of, "I haven't met anyone in-game that stated he was unhappy with the solution to enable flight at the end of the expansion."

Granted the odds are that you haven't met me, but I wasn't happy that they made us wait till the game was dried up and past any meaningful content and everyone I've been playing with for years had already unsubbed by the time they finally decided to add flight to WoD. I don't see any reason they can't put a Pathfinder quest up front which forces to complete all the game content on the ground, which should take 1-3 months, then enable flight...versus waiting an arbitrary amount of time and releasing it after the point that I'm done doing stuff in the game.

"Now that the xpac is over and there's nothing left to do, you can fly!!" - no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    If Blizzard genuinely wanted to try to meet everyone's needs, they'd have some flying zones and some no flying zones. I hated Suramar on beta but it would have been perfect as the no flying zone. But it seems to be all or nothing for them these days I guess. Anyone who really isn't okay with it has probably quit by now anyway so not like you'd run into them. Who knows though, one of my friends was complaining to me today that he hates no flying right now because he no longer has a garrison for mining, ore is overpriced on the AH, and ore is boring to farm with no flying??? so I was like, just change your profession? or log out for the rest of the day before you get more annoyed? IDK. Some people find it hard to quit I guess.
    could end up with certain zones being completely empty tho it should have some extra stuff to counter flight. But yes i agree that that is also a possibility. I just wonder if the flight camp would be happy with it. My guess is that they'll just look at that max level zone without flight and complain about that instead

Allot of people that play WoW really hate certain aspects of the game involving grind. myself included.
    I personally am not a big fan of questing and leveling in general, but i also know that without it the game would feel empty.

to me grinding is a nesessary evil
    Part of the fun is finding a work arround or simply to quickest way to achiev a goal. Grinding ore, leveling up, or grinding reputation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    =) Well that's good to know it's not just me.

I guess the main reason I took exception to what you said was because of, "I haven't met anyone in-game that stated he was unhappy with the solution to enable flight at the end of the expansion."

Granted the odds are that you haven't met me, but I wasn't happy that they made us wait till the game was dried up and past any meaningful content and everyone I've been playing with for years had already unsubbed by the time they finally decided to add flight to WoD. I don't see any reason they can't put a Pathfinder quest up front which forces to complete all the game content on the ground, which should take 1-3 months, then enable flight...versus waiting an arbitrary amount of time and releasing it after the point that I'm done doing stuff in the game.

"Now that the xpac is over and there's nothing left to do, you can fly!!" - no thanks.
    sidenote:
    -i quit CATA because of giuld drama, LFR and flight (i didn't like flight in WotLK/TBC either)
    -Came back for WoD because of outland and no more flight

so i guess we are oposites :P
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Yeah, the no flying and no CRZ in Legion is really letting me enjoy the game.

Seeing people from my realm running around me all the time is awesome. Had a couple of chats even, helped out a few people in trouble. The good MMO stuff.

I remember when we got our mounts in TBC how gutted the world felt. Everyone was flying somewhere up above, the areas were empty. People only landed where they needed to get stuff done. Zones turned into ghost towns. The game became almost single player with the exception of dungeons/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    Yeah, the no flying and no CRZ in Legion is really letting me enjoy the game.

Seeing people from my realm running around me all the time is awesome. Had a couple of chats even, helped out a few people in trouble. The good MMO stuff.

I remember when we got our mounts in TBC how gutted the world felt. Everyone was flying somewhere up above, the areas were empty. People only landed where they needed to get stuff done. Zones turned into ghost towns. The game became almost single player with the exception of dungeons/raids.
    I completely agree with you. Flying in WoW has largely had a negative effect on the server community and undermined a key part of the MMORPG experience. No initial flying in WoD was very good, and no flying in Legion is similarly very good. Part of the MMO experience is back, and I'm enjoying Legion.
    Last edited by Altariaz; 2016-09-09 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Life is messy. Corporate life even more so. And development teams of that size--where everyone has an opinion--messiest of all. Usually the correct answer is that committees/teams muddle through incompetently until they find a path out of that. It's nearly never some backstage sinister move or anything. Meanwhile team messaging is so throughly mucked up they would be best to just say nothing. But they don't. They walk over to you one-by-one and lobby you about whatever it is they're on about.
    Well the size dosn't really matter, since only a hand full of people make the decisions. And to Think "it's all a conspiracy theory that masses of sub cancelations made them change their minds" is (unless you have 100% proof of that) another conspiracy theory to white knight Blizzard. When Ion hazzikostas came out saying "we decided to not have flight enabled in Draenor and any future content" that didn't sound like they didn't have made a decision yet or are still debating. Also in the past they have always came out to sate what was the main reason for most people to quit after big losses in the past (Cata => hard Heroics, MoP => daily / reputation mess). Only this time they didn't, and it would have been easy to say "most people reasoned that there wasn't enough content". The whole flight debate would have been swept of the table. But they didn't, and my "conspiracy theory" about it is: if they state the wrong reason as the main cause, and the real thing would have leaked it would have been a way bigger damage to the companies reputation than to stay shut and say nothing.

So maybe you are right and they have been undecided and Ion Hazzikostas went lose, told only his opinion. But as long as you don't have valid proof your white knighting theory is no better than the other conspiracy theory that they changed their final decision based on mass cancelations.

But i have to admit: if i look at the Flippflopping isolated as a single events, and leave out the whole rest that happened before and all the other expansions you could actually be right. Well only if you disconnect this one question from all the other answers we have.

- - - Updated - - -

The bigger mystery is why you think Blizzard should enable flying for the 10 people, that are crying about it...
    You are confused a little. To make you statement correct: Blizzard should enable flying for the people that are 10 more than the people not wanting everyone to fly. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

There was no mass exodus of subs over flying. Please get over it.
    Yes keep saying that, maybe you believe it. But unless there is a official proof your thoughts are as right as the one "enough people quit over no flying to change Blizzards mind"
    There are more substantial reasons when people quit games, especially in droves.
    As long as you are unable to understand that flight is way more important to other people than to yourself, you'll be stuck with this theory. There is NO evidence proof that most players quit because of no flight, BUT there is also NO evidence or proof that there haven't been a lot people to quit over no flight. So your assumptions are as good as the ones of people saying mass exodus changed Blizzards mind. And actually there are far more hints pointing that it was some kind of mass cancelation because of no flight which changed their minds, than not.
    We all know what those reasons were for WoD and Cata. And the end of MoP was a long stretch with zero content. Blizzard was in damage control mode.
    I don't know about you, but WE know that Blizzard stated that the big loss in Cataclysm was because of to hard heroics for to many people (you can't understand that either, i know), AND that most people that quit while the big loss in MoP did because of the daily quests and rep grind that gated basic gear. But they DID NOT state that most people quit over "nothing to do" rather than "no flight debacle". It is ok to have a theory, but denying facts and shortening your horizon won't get you anywhere.

So either you have proof or i'll take your assumptions as what they are: assumptions to just not the what really happened.

- - - Updated - - -

could end up with certain zones being completely empty tho it should have some extra stuff to counter flight.
    I don't know what you are playing, but in WoD while i was playing, the world has been empty even though not everybody has been max level. But i the old worlds like Outland and Northrend even in Pandaria ther have been so many more people in the world with their flying mounts that you never felt isolated with a bunch of mobs. And they have been flying on their mounts. Social interaction wasn't even hard: just write in general or whisper someone that flies by. I met more people leveling an alt in one area than i met epople while leveling my my across the whole continent (except the places where Worldbosses spawned obviously).

There is no need to "counter flight" if the world is rich and entertaining and fun. But throwing mobs everywhere their only purpose is to slow the players traveltime down isn't exactly my definition of "fun, entertaining and interesting content". ;-)

Deleted
    ^

Were you even subbed at the end of MoP? I was and I didn't even hear about this whole scandal in game. I found out much later in some website.

How come this whole outrage always happens in some forum, but no one is speaking about it in game? I was literally unaware they announced no flying ever again and then went back on it, until much later. Simply no one around me in game ever spoke about it. And I was even doing a bunch of LFR back then on my resto druid, not a word.

15+ Year Old Account
    So this thread is gonna stay active till patch 7.2?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    I can see this being active even during patch 9.2 since some people won't be happy how Blizzard handles the situation.

I was unhappy about games direction, so I looked for another game. Not much of need to stay here and complain about it several years afterwards, I entered my problems and suggestions to form and after some looking, bumped into another MMORPG - WoW isn't the only one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Probably not. Once the free month ends we should see a considerable drop in subscriptions, which will probably get bigger and bigger. Once the losses rise to a certain threshold, the devs will come up with something akin to "Whoa guys, We didn´t realize you cared that much. Flight will be implemented shortly".
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-09-09 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Probably not. Once the free month ends we should see a considerable drop in subscriptions, which will probably get bigger and bigger. Once the losses rise to a certain thershold, the devs will come up with something akin to "Whoa guys, We didn´t realize you cared that much. Flight will be implemented shortly".
    Maybe... more likely they will say "We planned on adding it sooner all along... ".

Of all the "bad" changes they have made to WoW... this one has been the worst for me... it affects my game so much.

I got up at 3am to play at launch like i have for every other expansion except Pandaria.. I played 1 hour and was so disappointed knowing I was going to leave game in a month or so that I went to bed.

Why does launch matter??? Because once the start is screwed.... the entire reason I get competitive and play fervently is gone. It makes it possible for me to leave game for a year... and come back when flight is finally added all the catch ups in place.

But by then, I don't feel like getting into raiding. I wasn't an active part of a guild... and with many people doing the same... that hurts guilds.

And if just 1 mill people leave for 10 months... Blizzard loses $150,000,000.

And one final note... for all you non-flyers who don't care that it has greatly (and in some cases completely) reduced your fellow players' enjoyment of the game... your time is coming. Just like Blizz screwed with maxcameradistance... just like Warlocks have been made the Loladins of Legion.. .something you love will be fucked with... and instead of having fellow pro flyers helping voice your concerns... you will be just the new whiny, entitled group of the week not getting heard.

We are getting flying, but chances are whatever you love will never come back/be reverted.

Deleted
    ^

There's a saying in my country: "It's not important if I'm doing well, it's more important to stop others from doing well". That's basically what you're saying.

Because we enjoy the game now, you wish for us to stop enjoying it, because it will bring you satisfaction. How sad...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Probably not. Once the free month ends we should see a considerable drop in subscriptions, which will probably get bigger and bigger. Once the losses rise to a certain threshold, the devs will come up with something akin to "Whoa guys, We didn´t realize you cared that much. Flight will be implemented shortly".
    What free month?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    What free month?
    Pretty sure he's referring to the 30 days you get for having purchased Legion. I believe they've done that for every xpac prior.

15+ Year Old Account
    ^

There's a saying in my country: "It's not important if I'm doing well, it's more important to stop others from doing well". That's basically what you're saying.

Because we enjoy the game now, you wish for us to stop enjoying it, because it will bring you satisfaction. How sad...
    That's been the mentality of anti-fliers since this debate was started in the last expansion. Who's the sad one, again?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Pretty sure he's referring to the 30 days you get for having purchased Legion. I believe they've done that for every xpac prior.
    You do not get a free month when you buy an expansion.. never have.

Only when you buy a whole new license do you get a free month (with Battlechest).

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Then he's talking nonsense.

There was no such thing with Legion, nor with WoD, pretty sure there wasn't with any expansion, actually, unless you opened a new account.

So your (and his) belief is incorrect and kind of makes me wonder when you last played WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    You do not get a free month when you buy an expansion.. never have.

Only when you buy a whole new license do you get a free month (with Battlechest).
    Hmm, thought they did do that. /shrug

Course, now people equate this game to being F2P thanks to the tokens, but that's a whole other subject...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Then he's talking nonsense.

There was no such thing with Legion, nor with WoD, pretty sure there wasn't with any expansion, actually, unless you opened a new account.

So your (and his) belief is incorrect and kind of makes me wonder when you last played WoW...
    There's a link in my sig that answers your question. I'm sorry I don't remember every exact detail about something I've purchased only once every couple of years...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    That's been the mentality of anti-fliers since this debate was started in the last expansion. Who's the sad one, again?
    Are you putting words in my mouth now? I wasn't part of the debate.

I've hated flying since I saw it's effects on our community back in TBC. I have never voiced any complaints about it though. Me playing this game depends entirely on it's state. WotLK had flying, but I enjoyed it a lot, WoD didn't have flying yet I quit after 1 month.

Legion is great and having no flying is just a bonus. I'd play and enjoy it even if it did have flying.

Of what's important in WoW, flying is pretty low for me. It would be annoying if they added it early, as it will instantly sack the community again, but I won't quit the game because of it.

I'd quit if they added CRZ to Legion. You can wish me that, I guess...

I didn't even know the flying debate was even still a thing really ....

I havn't met anyone in-game that stated he was unhappy with the solution to enable flight at the end of the expansion. Some people don't like flying (myself), some people would rather always be able to fly. However, everyone agree's that this solution is the best of both worlds and respects everyone's needs.

makes me wonder why some people just can't let it rest. Be happy you your flight back even tho you have to be patient for a few months
    It is not going to be a few months. It is going to be a repeat of WoD where it is dragged out for nearly a year.