Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy What should I play? All my fav specs are crap!

I was excited for Legion like a little kid before Christmas and it truly is as amazing as I had expected, except for one thing. My favorite specs and classes suck. Perhaps it's just me who's doing it wrong, but something seems so off right now.

First off, I like the "begin wherever you want to, it's your own adventure" style. It really adds to the experience and though it doesn't really match the "lore" per say, in the way of following a storyline; it gives you more freedom. We've started in -this- zone and then the next, because that's where the quest takes you, a bit too much imo. It got tiresome. So thanks for letting us choose Blizz! <3 I don't think I have to mention how amazing and cool the artifacts are and how beautiful the zones are. The in-game cinematics, the stories, the entire thing is just marvellous. BUT! When you've worked hard to get 7 level 100's set up and ready to go, just to find out each and everyone of them have trouble staying alive, all feeling weak and useless no matter what you do; you just die. It just... sucks.

I started out with a medium geared Rogue, Outlaw of course, around 675 item level and I picked Azsuna. I didn't even make it into the woods before getting clubbered to death and I couldn't even manage one mob without having to heal myself excessively and doing little to no damage.

Oh well! I skipped to my Warlock, chose destruction because I thought the artifact looked cool. Not too much trouble there, still I died a few times when I picked up more than 4 mobs, but my burning hatred for the Infernal pet has grown ever so. Guess I'm not the only one.

However, I now face a huge problem with my DPS. I'm not over 800 item level "yet" - but I've read a lot about Warlocks lately and apparently there's mixed feelings here.

I decided to try out my Hunter, noped away soon after. Didn't make it past the Stormheim intro scenario. Died too many times.
    Tried my Priest, no comment there either.

I've come to the point where I don't know what to play and I'm too afraid to try because this is ruining the game for me. I'm not a dumb newb player, I've played since 2006, but either I'm doing something wrong or something is terribly off with the scaling for level 100's or all the specs I like to play just don't like me.

Anyone else as lost as I am? I got a 90 druid, but it's not geared at all, perhaps I should try out Feral?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ret Paladins survive quite well. We still die but that's due to the difficulty of legion mobs. Justicar's Veangance+stun is a great way to heal back tons of health

Outlaw is overpowered currently. Maybe your favourite specs are fine and you don't know how to play them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Ret Paladins survive quite well. We still die but that's due to the difficulty of legion mobs. Justicar's Veangance+stun is a great way to heal back tons of health
    I haven't touched ret since WoTLK and honestly I have 0 experience with melee classes as such but perhaps it's time to change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Outlaw is overpowered currently. Maybe your favourite specs are fine and you don't know how to play them?
    Maybe, but it's funny I knew how to play when just in the previous expansion and now I don't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    I haven't touched ret since WoTLK and honestly I have 0 experience with melee classes as such but perhaps it's time to change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but it's funny I knew how to play when just in the previous expansion and now I don't?
    Well if ret ends up not being your thing, pick a class that gets a bodyguard early. It's like having a second player helping you out.

This seems like a very clear L2P issue disguised as a "my class sucks what do" thread. Rogues (Outlaw especially) are in a pretty good spot (though Roll the Bones is a stupid fucking design), Warlocks have a niche when played properly and both Priests and Hunters are in great spots. The common underlying issue with many of these classes, however, is that if you play them poorly you'll have a pretty bad time. Gear does have some bearing but when you can get 825+ simply by running random Heroics and doing a handful of World Quests, it doesn't seem appropriate to bitch about how poor you're performing as a fresh 110.

My advice? Research the classes you're trying to play a bit more before complaining about how they perform. It's like buying a car with a manual transmission then getting pissed at the guy who sold it to you because you can't figure out how to use a clutch.

Deleted
    If you die with a hunter, there's definitely something wrong with how you play.
    I m not even sure how it's possible if you don't pull 12342 enemies of course

Deleted

I decided to try out my Hunter, noped away soon after. Didn't make it past the Stormheim intro scenario. Died too many times.

As a hunter?! How is that even possible? What spec were you trying?

Feral is the easiest to level from what i've experienced, but is also probably tied with BM for the most boring spec in the game.

Enhancement would be my suggestion. It is a good experience all-round and at 110 once you hit ilvl 810+ and put a decent number of points into stormstrike mobs simply melt away and you have the instant cast 100% ground mount from one of the followers, plus waterwalking, plus instant cast maelstrom heals for recovery.
    Last edited by SKLR; 2016-09-09 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyri View Post
    As a hunter?! How is that even possible? What spec were you trying?
    Maybe he forgot to use his pet? Even a ferocity specced pet with Growl enough to tank mobs.

Ret is great at survival and the 7.0 version is not much to learn. Justicar's vengeance heals you back so just take care and don't use other finishers. Oh, and don't take triple pulls until you get the hang of it. Unless they're demon/undead, where you have AE stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    Maybe he forgot to use his pet? Even a ferocity specced pet with Growl enough to tank mobs.
    Or maybe barrage pulled entire Stormheim?

Problem exists between keyboard and chair. Bad players are often unable to do well with great specs like outlaw.

These boards are flooded with these players lately due to the expansion.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I tried out a few different ones yesterday, and I actually found out that I like Windwalker monks.. I hate playing melee (especially monks), but I had an absolute blast with that spec last night.
    Feral Druids are fun too, Boomkin might be too boring in the long run, not sure how you feel about healing (Resto is quite fun).
    Elemental Shaman was OK, a bit too much of the same sh!t non stop though (rotation).
    Fire mage was quite the laugh as well.

I've still got a few classes/specs to try out, but the one's I've listed are definitely worth a try; and since you've got a level 90 Druid you should try out Feral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This seems like a very clear L2P issue disguised as a "my class sucks what do" thread. Rogues (Outlaw especially) are in a pretty good spot (though Roll the Bones is a stupid fucking design), Warlocks have a niche when played properly and both Priests and Hunters are in great spots. The common underlying issue with many of these classes, however, is that if you play them poorly you'll have a pretty bad time. Gear does have some bearing but when you can get 825+ simply by running random Heroics and doing a handful of World Quests, it doesn't seem appropriate to bitch about how poor you're performing as a fresh 110.

My advice? Research the classes you're trying to play a bit more before complaining about how they perform. It's like buying a car with a manual transmission then getting pissed at the guy who sold it to you because you can't figure out how to use a clutch.
    Not once have I mentioned that I reached 110. I reached 110 with my Warlock, also said that I didn't have any issues there. What I'm talking about here is getting from 100 to 110 and that I'm having issues playing those classes/specs. And perhaps you missed it like the rest, I've played just fine since 2006, raided in WoD. I'm not new and not bitching about something I don't know anything about. I'm asking for advice.... Geez.

I started out with a medium geared Rogue, Outlaw of course, around 675 item level and I picked Azsuna. I didn't even make it into the woods before getting clubbered to death and I couldn't even manage one mob without having to heal myself excessively and doing little to no damage.

Oh well! I skipped to my Warlock, chose destruction because I thought the artifact looked cool. Not too much trouble there, still I died a few times when I picked up more than 4 mobs, but my burning hatred for the Infernal pet has grown ever so. Guess I'm not the only one.

However, I now face a huge problem with my DPS. I'm not over 800 item level "yet" - but I've read a lot about Warlocks lately and apparently there's mixed feelings here.
    Outlaw is doing perfectly fine at max level. You were basically handed out free 700 gear during the launch event to make the leveling experience smoother so 675 might feel too low. Warlock might be a little bit on the low side and I heard playstyle concerns but from personal experience once they have some gear available they are capable of doing good damage as well. Even if that weren't the case I wouldn't be worried that a pure spec would ever remain bad long term.
    If you want something most fitting for what I'd guess seems to be the biggest issue to overcome for now I suggest beastmaster hunter. Incredibly easy to play, very powerful for leveling and decent performance at max level.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-09 at 12:13 PM.

I did fine on my warlock in all honesty, I just used Grimoire of Service with my imp the most of the time to 110. I only had to start using my voidwalker around level 108 and 109 because mobs were really starting to hit pretty hard.

Haven't started any other characters yet so I couldn't really tell ya my experience with other classes but warlock was quite simple in my opinion.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

I died a few times when I picked up more than 4 mobs
    This sums up the dying issue... You just cannot zerg through it, pull smart and kill efficiently.

As for warlocks, just play your class, its better to play something you enjoy but not top the meters than faceroll something boring you don't really like. Just try to be the best warlock you can and you will get by fine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SKLR View Post
    Feral is the easiest to level from what i've experienced, but is also probably tied with BM for the most boring spec in the game.

Enhancement would be my suggestion. It is a good experience all-round and at 110 once you hit ilvl 810+ and put a decent number of points into stormstrike mobs simply melt away and you have the instant cast 100% ground mount from one of the followers, plus waterwalking, plus instant cast maelstrom heals for recovery.
    Thank you. I did note down Enhancement as I rolled Ele back in WoD and had promised myself to actually try it for once.

Play whatever you enjoy playing (without looking at dying/dps/whatever) by itself.

If you're dying too much or finding content too hard, play with someone (even a single person) and it will be a lot easier and faster.