Thread: Elune Theory

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elune Theory

Elune, who is said to have created the greater naruu like Xe'ra according to Khadgar might be more powerful than we initially thought.

I think that the Light - who is not personified in the myths on Azeroth created Elune to be the light in the darkness, the moon on all worlds not just Azeroth. From her womb shall spring forth nature and arcane itself, creating a myriads of lives across planets.
    This indicates her role to be far greater than just keeping Azeroth safe. She created naaru as guardians of the universe and shaped the trolls as they surrendered their old loa worship ways into night elves, her own physical representation on Azeroth as evidenced by Cenarius who is half-night elf as well. Night elves are therefore the pinnacle of Arcane Natural creation.

On the other hand there must be a yet unnamed father deity representing the sun, but people on Azeroth simply know him as the Light. Yet across all worlds, just as Elune is the moon, He is the sun and possibly created other greater naruu to act as guardians as well.
    He is the source of Light creation and is responsible for forming the titans from non-living matter just as Elune would shape things from living matter. The Titan architecture in Ulduar and the architecture seen in the Halls of Valor emphasize the way Light creates through arcane processes on Azeroth. Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes in their original non-flesh forms are the pinnacle of Light creation. Blood elves, who surrendered their nocturnal ways and became diurnal also adopted his worship as the Light.

Deleted
    I am more interested in what Tyrande thinks now about what Velen told her some years ago, when she scoffed at him in disgust as a result.

I think it will take her a while to recover from that butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    I am more interested in what Tyrande thinks now about what Velen told her some years ago, when she scoffed at him in disgust as a result.

I think it will take her a while to recover from that butthurt.
    Since Elune created the Naruu and not the other way around it HIM who owes HER a apology.
    He said Elune is like a Naruu, but its the other way around.
    He is the one who must be butthurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Since Elune created the Naruu and not the other way around it HIM who owes HER a apology.
    He said Elune is like a Naruu, but its the other way around.
    He is the one who must be butthurt.
    Well, that's not a farfetched perspective you're saying, no. But, if I remember correctly, I think she scoffed at the notion of Elune being even connected to the Naaru, and I don't recall Velen implying she was created by a Naaru; just that she is similar in nature, which would be correct regardless who created the other.

To be honest, i just took notice of this on a side note.
    I dont know the whole story so it could be either way.
    In the end, nobody needs to be butthurt cause they were both right in some way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    In the end, nobody needs to be butthurt cause they were both right in some way.
    Nobody "needs to", yes, but the angrier one usually is the one who suffers. Man, for an over ten thousand years old woman she surely lacks in the wisdom and collection departments.

Deleted
    Nobody "needs to", yes, but the angrier one usually is the one who suffers. Man, for an over ten thousand years old woman she surely lacks in the wisdom and collection departments.
    We are wasting time!!! What are we waiting for?!?!

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's not a farfetched perspective you're saying, no. But, if I remember correctly, I think she scoffed at the notion of Elune being even connected to the Naaru, and I don't recall Velen implying she was created by a Naaru; just that she is similar in nature, which would be correct regardless who created the other.
    Kalec is correct here. Tyrande got all pissy at the idea that "her" goddess might, in fact, be more than a local deity of the night elves. It's such a typically old-school xenophobic night elf attitude and could be expected from someone as old as Tyrande, but all it did was sell Elune short.

It's going to be truly hilarious, IMO, when it is revealed to all that Illidan, of all people, was cosmically ordained at the beginning of Time to be the Child of Light and Shadow who brings about the end of the age of demons: and that Elune, you know, likes him and stuff. Maybe she likes him as much as she likes Tyrande. Neener neener chicken weener, Tyrande!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Kalec is correct here. Tyrande got all pissy at the idea that "her" goddess might, in fact, be more than a local deity of the night elves. It's such a typically old-school xenophobic night elf attitude and could be expected from someone as old as Tyrande, but all it did was sell Elune short.

It's going to be truly hilarious, IMO, when it is revealed to all that Illidan, of all people, was cosmically ordained at the beginning of Time to be the Child of Light and Shadow who brings about the end of the age of demons: and that Elune, you know, likes him and stuff. Maybe she likes him as much as she likes Tyrande. Neener neener chicken weener, Tyrande!
    HAHAHAHAHA

I will pay to see this moment in a cinematic , everybody will be like

Haha no one could foresee the whole purple jesus thing.

Deleted

That second paragraph is the best thing I read on this forum, ever.

Elune created the Naaru prime. All Naaru go through a "dark" phase as shown in WoD. I wonder if Elune created them like that or something happened after their creation. I believe that it was intended. Every light cast a shadow. Light and darkness are part of a cycle. And if indeed she made them that way what are the void lords?
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    Elune created the Naaru prime. All Naaru go through a "dark" phase as shown in WoD. I wonder if Elune created them like that or something happened after their creation. I believe that it was intended. Every light cast a shadow. Light and darkness are part of a cycle. And if indeed she made them that way what are the void lords?
    As far as I know going Dark is not some natural phase they go through but a severe tragedy for the Naaru and becoming Light again is something that should be very, very, very rare. Only the Game gave us the wrong idea that Naarus go light and dark and light all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    when a naaru looses its light it turns into a void god, they loose their light by either being drained loosing their energy and getting damaged.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    I believe their dark phase is actually the void corrupting the naruu. the void is all about corruption so it can't do anything else but corrupt. it is a false idea that light cast shadows - it is the bodies, the physical manifestations that obstruct light which cast shadows.

The Asian Yin-Yang theory is inherently false. Light does not need darkness, darkness is merely the absence of light - the light is far greater than shadow inherently, the smallest candle can put out the biggest darkness.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-09-09 at 05:32 PM.

Also interesting that Illidan, chosen by Elune or whatever, was also condemned by her. She had a hand in his imprisonment, going by what Tyrande and the Keeper of the Grove that hung out in the Warden's Vault thought of his imprisonment.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    I believe their dark phase is actually the void corrupting the naruu. the void is all about corruption so it can't do anything else but corrupt. it is a false idea that light cast shadows - it is the bodies, the physical manifestations that obstruct light which cast shadows.

The Asian Yin-Yang idea is inherently false. Light does not need darkness, darkness is merely the absence of light - the light is far greater than shadow inherently, the smallest candle can put out the biggest darkness.
    That said, Darkness is the natural state of the universe, and there is far more darkness than the light can hope to fully overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefroz View Post
    That said, Darkness is the natural state of the universe, and there is far more darkness than the light can hope to fully overcome.
    Again, that which does not exist is merely a blank slate waiting to be filled. It has no power. the light can overcome it whenever it wants, nothing can stand in its way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    I believe their dark phase is actually the void corrupting the naruu.
    their "dark phase" is a naaru loosing its light leaving only shadow there.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    their "dark phase" is a naaru loosing its light leaving only shadow there.
    Yes, exactly. The absence of light -> void