Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

RE: "5 reasons why Demon Hunters won't be a class in WoW"

So, out of nostalgic feelings I was scrolling through old threads and found the good, old "Demon Hunters will never be a thing"-Discussion. Here is a link to the closed thread.

I don't mean to bring back old threads but I wanted to take the opportunity and ask you guys about your opinion regarding Demon Hunters. Now that we had enough time playing (with) them, are they doing fine? Do you enjoy their playstyle? Did you like the way they were introduced?
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

All things considered, Blizzard could've made Squirrels a class if they wanted to. Doesn't matter if it makes sense.

Keep in mind that they had to remove an ability from Warlocks to make Demon Hunters. They did it because they wanted to feed on the hype that's existed for a long time.

I also thought Pandas would never be a playable race in the game...

Maybe the next race will be a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    I also thought Pandas would never be a playable race in the game...

*Pandaren

Fixed it for you. Why can't the WoW community get the name right?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    *Pandaren

For the same reasons they should probably change the class name for balance druids to boomkin. People call it what it just really is.

*Pandaren

Because four years later people are still crying about panda people in a game with talking cows, aliens, talking walruses, werewolves and zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by dyljames94 View Post
    Because four years later people are still crying about panda people in a game with talking cows, aliens, talking walruses, werewolves and zombies.
    .......but, kung fu panda.

*Pandaren

Because they're pandas, made to entice children to get their parents to buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    .......but, kung fu panda.
    Which was released an entire 5 years after Pandaren appeared in Warcraft III.

Because they're pandas, made to entice children to get their parents to buy the game.
    I'm so sorry that pandas got in the game that had dancing talking cows. Or the very mature pink haired gnomes. Much maturity wow. There is no need to be edgy, bro. You can play as an awesome panda too!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    I'm so sorry that pandas got in the game that had dancing talking cows. Or the very mature pink haired gnomes. Much maturity wow. There is no need to be edgy, bro. You can play as an awesome panda too!
    Not to mention POOP quests!

The game is not made for mature audiences as it's target audience!

Do Naga count?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    So, out of nostalgic feelings I was scrolling through old threads and found the good, old "Demon Hunters will never be a thing"-Discussion. Here is a link to the closed thread.

I don't mean to bring back old threads but I wanted to take the opportunity and ask you guys about your opinion regarding Demon Hunters. Now that we had enough time playing (with) them, are they doing fine? Do you enjoy their playstyle? Did you like the way they were introduced?
    Ah, Teriz. Best thing about the announcement of the Demon Hunter class was imagining Teriz's face.

All of the reasons against demon hunters were always bullshit, and I always said, if Blizzard ever does another WoW expansion with the Legion, it would be a missed opportunity not to bring the demon hunter as a class.

People always say Blizzard would never do this or that, and often the reasons are stupid. Someone said when they gave Diablo 3 the monk and demon hunter classes, that we would now never see the monk or demon hunter in WoW. And they ended up being the next two classes.

But my favourite reason from Teriz, I think, was that there is already a hunter in the game, and having a demon hunter class would confuse people, and the demon hunter would be too awesome, and no one would play hunter anymore.

Or that they wouldn't make glaives only for the demon hunter as a weapon type, or that there's a problem with customization options for the demon hunter like shirtless and stuff.

Or that the warlock is basically a demon hunter, which of course, is total nonsense.

Oh well, it's certainly fun looking back about how stupid the things were people said.

Teriz just wanted his Tinker so much, he was so fanatic about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would children like pandas?

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    For the same reasons they should probably change the class name for balance druids to boomkin. People call it what it just really is.
    And Pandaren have really been Pandaren since the Frozen Throne. At least with Boomkins they weren't actually real til TBC. Nobody had ever heard of 'Balance' because you never saw one thus never knew the name.

- - - Updated - - -

All those Warcraft 3 loving children.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All things considered, Blizzard could've made Squirrels a class if they wanted to. Doesn't matter if it makes sense.
    Amazing Squirrel Girl confirmed?

On topic, I think they are a good addition. Now that Legion is out there are not nearly as many around and those that are are usually pretty good. A guildie tank DH went around clearing mobs while I gathered quest items on my rogue. Now that's teamwork!
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Quote Originally Posted by dyljames94 View Post
    ...and humanoid talking bears (furbolgs), centaurs, rat people (kobolds), bird people (arrakoa), mantis people (mantids), monkey people (hozen), nagas, spider people (nerubians), and so on and so forth...

(Oh, and by the way, I'm part of the apparent minority that actually likes Pandaren)

Demon Hunters as an addition to WoW's roster turned out very nice imo. The only thing I'm disappointed with is that every class Blizz has added so far has been a melee. Like we didn't already have enough melee (here's also looking at SV hunters). If they ever add another class in the future, I very much hope it will finally be a ranged one, because... come on.
    Last edited by Mangetsu; 2016-09-09 at 03:01 PM.

What kind of World do you live where child would instantly buy a pc game just because there are pandas on it?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    damn that guy got burned hard ^___^

This turned out to be pretty prophetic if you ignore the last sentence:

"Again, Metamorphosis as a Warlock in WoW is exactly how Metamorphosis as a DH in WoW is supposed to work. The only way DHs could appear in this game now is if Blizzard completely erased the Demonology Warlock spec and Dark Apotheosis and started over. I seriously doubt that's going to happen at this point, given the rise in popularity of Warlocks and the Demonology spec in general."

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All things considered, Blizzard could've made Squirrels a class if they wanted to. .
    Can I have a pretty little blood elf squirrel?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================