Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    The maker it puts on the ground it a pretty good indication of who it will hit.
    Hahaha, good point I never though about that.

But seriously, I asked if there was an addon that highlighted characters inside the AOE, which should've made it obvious to you that I was searching for something in addition to what's given with the base animation.

Why even bother responding if you weren't planning on answering the question? It seems like an arbitrary departure from your overall contribution and general constructiveness in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nope. The best you can do is hit Shift-V to enable friendly nameplates, so that you can get a better idea of where people are.

It's one of my bigger gripes with Holy: Sanctify having such a small radius, which forces you to stop and look around before you use it. A bit annoying.
    Thank you, this answers my question.
    Last edited by khrave08; 2016-09-09 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khrave08 View Post
    But seriously, I asked if there was an addon that highlighted characters inside the AOE, which should've made it obvious to you that I was searching for something in addition to what's given with the base animation.
    No need to have a tissy fit about it, i would do what anon5123 suggested although i don't advise it in groups of 10+ as your screen will be flooded with nameplates.

In direct response to your original question, no you can't, but is there a difference between a big green circle that you have to look to place and people being highlighted? Or were you talking raid frames?

Actually thinking about it more, it may be possible, but it would require a new addon similar to how the Priest AoE worked for PoH.

I'm sure an addon for Serenity isn't possible. It doesn't "target" anyone; it hits people inside the area you place it.

Anyway, doesn't it only take 3 targets for Serenity to be worth the mana (remember reading that, forgive me if I'm wrong)? Should be fairly straightforward in its use.

No need to have a tissy fit about it, i would do what anon5123 suggested although i don't advise it in groups of 10+ as your screen will be flooded with nameplates.

In direct response to your original question, no you can't, but is there a difference between a big green circle that you have to look to place and people being highlighted? Or were you talking raid frames?

Actually thinking about it more, it may be possible, but it would require a new addon similar to how the Priest AoE worked for PoH.
    It'd be perfect if raid frames highlighted, but that seems like it would either be impossible or too difficult to bother. I guess what I really want is some aim-assist that would make it clearer, faster, that I was going to hit a certain target. All that being said, it's possible, maybe even likely, that this is a L2P issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I'm sure an addon for Serenity isn't possible. It doesn't "target" anyone; it hits people inside the area you place it.

Anyway, doesn't it only take 3 targets for Serenity to be worth the mana (remember reading that, forgive me if I'm wrong)? Should be fairly straightforward in its use.
    You're probably right, but it's less about hitting 3 targets and more about being able to quickly realize who I will hit when I aim. If 3 players are clumped together and there's a 4th on the outer edge of the circle, it'd be great to have a pronounced visual cue that tells me that so I can avoid taking a long time to aim. But if it there's nothing that exists it might not be possible and I'm shit out of luck .
    Last edited by khrave08; 2016-09-09 at 07:28 PM.

so i got holy as my off spec and didnt look at any guides for it and filled out what i thought was best and looking at guides i went the complete opposite way getting Light of T'uure first thinking that 2 instant 120k heals plus 25% more healing was better than pom spreading during hymn cuz of a 3 minute cd. im 2 away from a 2nd golden trait(went for Blessing of T'uure route). did i gimp myself? should i retalent and lose 1 rank?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

It'd be perfect if raid frames highlighted, but that seems like it would either be impossible or too difficult to bother. I guess what I really want is some aim-assist that would make it clearer, faster, that I was going to hit a certain target. All that being said, it's possible, maybe even likely, that this is a L2P issue.
    Well the aim-assist is definitely impossible, i tried looking into that for Death and Decay on my DK.

As for the L2P issue, it's just gonna take some practice is all. Unless you're use to a shaman or a druid, then you're not use to circle targeting, just a small learning curve.

I use Plater to set the length of healthbars on nameplates, so even when there's tons of people around, the nameplates are pretty small.

Though I also play at max zoom, so that's probably a factor as well.

I use Plater to set the length of healthbars on nameplates, so even when there's tons of people around, the nameplates are pretty small.

Though I also play at max zoom, so that's probably a factor as well.
    I used friendly plates on gorefiend in the stomach, made the mistake of trying to use it outside the stomach and panicked a bit, thought they were all constructs.

If you just want to see them, then sure you can do that though.

Binding heal is really good compared to surge of light , i feel surge of light is a win more talent , binding heal gives you a really solid aoe option , prayer of healing is shit , it heals for nothing and its also very slow , i guess its only good when you are not the mt healer and your grp takes small to medium damage consistently , other than that its useless , i also like circle of healing much more than apotheosis , and lastly i feel divinity is better than halo , halo is kinda slow tbh , you can do a rotation of sanctify->circle of healing+spam binding for some hardcore aoe heal , i hate to always rely on divine hymn when my group dies , suddenly all take heavy aoe and i dont know how to respond to it , in some cases when two players get heavy damage , i cant help them both , binding heal gives me something to spam in these cases , spaming circle on cd also ensure than the team has echo of light almost always , thats really great to reduce aoe pressure

I guess the best talents depend on your specific role , either mt healer (surge and apotheosis better) or group healer (i believe aoe is better here)

- - - Updated - - -

Omg i was strungling with mythics as holy , now that i got binding heal i faceroll them , that talent made an insane change to my gameplay , really nice talent.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-09-10 at 09:12 PM.

My opinion is that PoH heals for rather little when used on its own.

However, with BoT and Power of the Narru. Along with having a high divinity uptime really give PoH some healing. However, you gotta make sure your got ur buffs up when using it, otherwise i find it rather underwhelming.

If you're going to use Binding Heal, you should generally only be using it before you select Blessing of T'uure in your artifact weapon. After you get Blessing of T'uure, you should be selecting Trail of Light and Surge of Light.

I really don't see how people are having trouble with PoH? Mine heals for 73k, and that's before Power of the Na'aru, Divinity, crits and mastery. It might not seem like a huge amount with current health pools but its not like any other healing class has a massively better option. It's more than sufficient, especially if your Sanctify brought out Tu'ure.

If you're having trouble with the range on it, ask people to stand closer. Position yourself between melee and the ranged and self cast it. There's really no reason for it not to hit the entire party except on Wrath of Azshara and that fight is just a clusterf*** anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabel View Post
    If you're going to use Binding Heal, you should generally only be using it before you select Blessing of T'uure in your artifact weapon. After you get Blessing of T'uure, you should be selecting Trail of Light and Surge of Light.
    Why can't we use both?

Blessing of T'uure does seem to have an ICD / PPM, so it's not like you're missing procs by not casting Flash Heal.

Why can't we use both?

Blessing of T'uure does seem to have an ICD / PPM, so it's not like you're missing procs by not casting Flash Heal.
    Well, you can't use both because SoL & BH are on the same talent tier. There's also little point to taking Trail of Light if you're already using BH over SoL. Blessing of T'uure doesn't have an ICD in so far as I can tell since I've gotten back-to-back procs from it.
    Last edited by Lisabel; 2016-09-11 at 02:24 AM.

There's also little point to taking Trail of Light if you're already using BH over SoL.
    I don't use SoL because I find it doesn't proc very often at all, and it's not very useful when it does proc.

I'd rather have BH just to have another tool available; I like it because it reduces both Holy Word CDs at once. Feels like a kind of "mid-tier" between Flash Heal and PoH.

In a raid though, I'd take SoL just because BH sucks in raids. Yet another tier where we're just choosing between the least-terrible talent. Bleh.

Blessing of T'uure doesn't have an ICD in so far as I can tell since I've gotten back-to-back procs from it.
    Weird. I sat there spamming myself with Flash Heal for a good while, and never got any back to back procs, and the procs always seemed to be at least 30 seconds apart.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-11 at 04:53 AM.

You're probably right, but it's less about hitting 3 targets and more about being able to quickly realize who I will hit when I aim. If 3 players are clumped together and there's a 4th on the outer edge of the circle, it'd be great to have a pronounced visual cue that tells me that so I can avoid taking a long time to aim. But if it there's nothing that exists it might not be possible and I'm shit out of luck .
    I usually try to aim it while I'm casting my previous spell. Gives you a bit more time.

Otherwise, consciously keep yourself aware of even the general location your party is in, and don't aim to center players. I purposefully "aim" with the edge of the circle for who I'm trying to heal so even if I don't have time to perfectly aim it there's a bigger chance I'll hit more party members.
    Last edited by Bekt; 2016-09-12 at 03:34 AM.

Has anyone tested running the renew pants + benediction + a lot of haste for 20 man raids? Would it just be worse than mastery stacking and focusing on prayer/sanct even if you took the renew/prom traits in your artifact?

Quote Originally Posted by decnalabnu View Post
    Has anyone tested running the renew pants + benediction + a lot of haste for 20 man raids? Would it just be worse than mastery stacking and focusing on prayer/sanct even if you took the renew/prom traits in your artifact?
    I really would love the obvious renew/PoM to be viable. It would be a cool way to raid heal. Ultimately though, due to terrible scaling, I can't see how it will ever come close to a crit/mastery build with strong EoLs

Deleted
    Hello fellow holy priests.

Not used to posting in these megathread type places, a bit confused and overwhelmed but I want to converse with my peers.

I've been using Binding Heal, Enlightenment and Light of the Naaru so far with much success. Raids are coming though and I figured BH is probably going to be pretty bad in a raiding environment, so that tier will probably switch to Surge of Light.

Then I thought I should maximise Flash Heal value by switching Enlightenment into Trail of Light, and having lost the BH value on LotN (not actually sure whether it made BH reduce both Holy Words BH by 5 seconds or 4 seconds or if it actually applied at all but I think it's 4 seconds) I thought I'd switch that tier too. So I was thinking. Will I suffer that much from the loss of Enlightenment, considering SoL is a mana gain to a certain extent (not sure how much though, would need to calculate that if no one has numbers)? Also, I think Enlightenment represents a 10% HPS increase overall if I manage to use my whole manapool on every fight. Does ToL increase HPS by that much? Also, isn't it a bit clunky since your last FH target will most likely be topped off by either you or the other healers in your raid by the time you get the next FH on someone else?

As for the lvl 60 talent tier, I'm not completely sure I don't want to keep LotN, simply because having more FHs from SoL should theoretically increase the number of HW:Serenity Serendipity triggers. Now if mana is tight because of no Enlightenment, I suppose I'll pick Symbol of Hope, which is probably nowhere near the personal mana gain but it's a raidspread healer mana gain. However I have been thinking about Guardian Angel a bit. In Mythic dungeons I've been using my Guardian Spirit often on the tank to either heal through a heavy tank-damage phase or to quickly top the tank off in tight situations so I can heal the other members of the group without worrying about him. In a vast majority of cases, GS does not save the tank from dying, I just benefit from the healing increase on him. Reducing the GS CD from 4mins to 1.5mins with GA seems huge to me, used properly I think it can save tanks a high number of times although I'm not sure; also increasing GS value is twofold since at some point in time GS will also auto-GS myself with the golden artifact trait. However, GS doesn't seem to be that staple of a spell, it's more to be used in "ohshit" situations so I'm not too sure.

So how are you guys going to set these talent tiers up for raiding and what do you think about this whole line of reasoning? I'm probably not going to change from my dungeon build just yet but I wanted to see what you guys had to say to help me decide before running into raid. Also, don't know if this is relevant in any way, but the tanks in our raid are going to be a warrior and a druid, and healers will probably be a holy paladin, myself as a holy priest, a resto druid and a disc priest (don't know which one will be asked to go DPS if we're too healer-heavy though, I think the paladin is the only one who can decently play his DPS spec out of all of us).

/error typo
    Last edited by NoxAestiva; 2016-09-14 at 05:43 AM.