Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Do I need to have the save games of the previous Mass effect games or is this a completely fresh start?
    You won't need it and if there was anything that was changed because of an existing save it would be absolutely minuscule.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    She is average pretty, not supermodel pretty.
    I find her prettier than Femshep, even though I prefer redheads myself.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know, she looks pretty "conventionally pretty" to me.
    Its just by video game standards it could be considered "ugly". When comparing to real people, aside from the somewhat plastic look of the graphics, it isn't "bad" at all. It's a solid 6/10 at minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    You won't need it and if there was anything that was changed because of an existing save it would be absolutely minuscule.
    For now anyway.

I'm fairly sure that it's a fresh start. people exploring completely new galaxy and all, I mean if it doesn't scream to you "we don't want to deal with repercussions of picking your favorite traffic light color, so we are just going to have the whole thing happen with completely new characters in a completely new galaxy" I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There goes all the hot Shepherd on Shepherd action for folks alternate universe fanfics. Unless they want it to get really weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    They seriously need to get rid of the "gloss". The character faces, even the Asari's shirt (which is clearly cloth), are too shiny. They look plastic. Lrn2SpecMap
    That's an engine issue, all frostbite games suffer from this sadly... I Still haven't gotten used to it in DA:I... it sucks soo much, makes everything look plastic and immersion breaking...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know, I just hope this doesn't turn out like Stargate Universe.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You mean a diversity soap opera for teenagers with a Sci-fi background story?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Hey, the second season got a lot better!

I'm still mad they cancelled it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its just by video game standards it could be considered "ugly". When comparing to real people, aside from the somewhat plastic look of the graphics, it isn't "bad" at all. It's a solid 6/10 at minimum.
    Hmm, I don't know. She looks better to me than Liara did in ME1, for example, and people seemed to adore Liara's looks there.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm fairly sure that it's a fresh start. people exploring completely new galaxy and all, I mean if it doesn't scream to you "we don't want to deal with repercussions of picking your favorite traffic light color, so we are just going to have the whole thing happen with completely new characters in a completely new galaxy" I don't know what to tell you.
    Maybe there will be something like Keep in DAI, which lets you customize the background, that would affect certain NPC responses?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that. I mean I don't mind a diverse cast or a good soap, but as a big fan of SG:1 and a lesser fan of SG:A; I just don't know where the fuck Universe went with that crap and this whole "going to another galaxies" brings up bad memories of what could have been a really awesome show.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Hmm, I don't know. She looks better to me than Liara did in ME1, for example, and people seemed to adore Liara's looks there.

Maybe there will be something like Keep in DAI, which lets you customize the background, that would affect certain NPC responses?
    keep was straight up import though, since they essentially created their own version of gibbed editor AND the events were happening in the same world, that was affected by prior decisions (and characters actualy came back for cameos). form what I've read and seen of Andromeda? its not only a completely new galaxy, but they had to travel there for at least a hundred years in cryo suspension, so I'm not entirely sure how any sort of importing would even work. I could be wrong, naturally, but what this seems to me is that this expedition was that backup plan that asari were working on in case nothing worked against the reapers. to preserve our civilizations by sending representatives of major races along with cultural knowledge to another galaxy - which would have been done before the end of reaper war.

P.S. Liara is more conventionally pretty that Ryder, so I'd say you have less conventional tastes if you find Ryder better looking. which there's nothing wrong with just saying that in terms of hollywood pretty? Ryder isn't. Liara - is.

7+ Year Old Account
    There goes all the hot Shepherd on Shepherd action for folks alternate universe fanfics. Unless they want it to get really weird.
    I mean, it's not like that particular topic isn't already weird. It'll probably make it more "steamy" to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    That's an engine issue, all frostbite games suffer from this sadly... I Still haven't gotten used to it in DA:I... it sucks soo much, makes everything look plastic and immersion breaking...
    Yeah, well, they need to either bitch at the Frostbite folks or try to compensate with spec maps or something. It's hard to enjoy Sera's dialogues when she constantly looks like she's just been doused in cooking oil. :/
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-09-11 at 02:05 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds like Mass Effect, only with aliens instead of minorities.

I would claim that hooking up with a alternate universe genderbent version of yourself is weirder than incest. Atleast incest occurs in our reality.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2016-09-11 at 12:13 PM.

Looks like we might have a March release date.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/mass...s-release-date

Deleted
    But when are they going to delay it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I don't think they going delay it anymore. Because the same was happend with ME3 was planned to release on christmas 2011, but they delayed it to march 2012.

But still i am not hyped. I feel that with ME:A release, ME3 multi will at last die. After Bioware forums closure...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    N7 day is in about a month, and then PSX in December after that, if it's going to hit a march release I'm sure we'll see more of it soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I don't think they going delay it anymore. Because the same was happend with ME3 was planned to release on christmas 2011, but they delayed it to march 2012.

But still i am not hyped. I feel that with ME:A release, ME3 multi will at last die. After Bioware forums closure...
    Why did they close the forums, by the way? I hadn't been visiting them for almost a year, and was surprised to find them closed a few weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.