Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"The toys stepped on what makes Engineers and Demon Hunters special."

I am not sure how to take this considering that the Gnomish Gravity Well is a Toy.

Will they now be nerfing that toy? Even though it REQUIRES engineering (Gnomish Engineering for that matter) which, by default, makes it a glaring example of "what makes Engineers special".

If you are wondering, that quote is on the front page in reference to the Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite / Brulfist Idol nerfs.

The enjoyment I get from navigating the world with my Demon Hunter isn't any more diminished by other players having fun toys than it is by other Demon Hunters existing in the world. That is to say, not at all. People worry too much about how their fun compares to others and need to be more concerned with their own enjoyment.

That rocfeather kite made me able to wield glaives.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I am not sure how to take this considering that the Gnomish Gravity Well is a Toy.

Will they now be nerfing that toy? Even though it REQUIRES engineering (Gnomish Engineering for that matter) which, by default, makes it a glaring example of "what makes Engineers special".

If you are wondering, that quote is on the front page in reference to the Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite / Brulfist Idol nerfs.
    But engineers and demon hunters can use all the same toys the others can, plus all their cool things.

As an engineer I never felt this was a problem, just keep adding more cool exclusive engineer things.

You answered your own question. It's engineer-required. Meaning you have to be an engineer. Doesn't matter if it's a toy too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz just out to nerf fun again, nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just buy a ton of goblin gliders. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagura View Post
    The enjoyment I get from navigating the world with my Demon Hunter isn't any more diminished by other players having fun toys than it is by other Demon Hunters existing in the world. That is to say, not at all. People worry too much about how their fun compares to others and need to be more concerned with their own enjoyment.

I'm going to be honest here and say that I think the Developer's reasoning here is a total lie (no proof, pure speculation).

People found a moderate flight substitute so they wanted to put a stop to it. The "making Engineers and DH's less special" thing seems more like a nice scapegoat to me.

Did they remove Water Striders from MoP?... because Shaman have been able to Water Walk for quite some time now. Did Druids (who actually had an Epic class quest chain specifically for Flight form) get to keep flight in the no-fly zones? That seemed awful "special" to me... hell, they got a unique graphic for doing it. But denying that thing that made a class special was okay.

These things were probably in beta for 6 months, so how could they have not seen this coming anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    You answered your own question. It's engineer-required. Meaning you have to be an engineer. Doesn't matter if it's a toy too.

What I mean is that two of the statements on the front page conflict.

On one hand, the engineering requirement for the GGW makes it "special" (if you are to believe him).

On the other, he also said "Toys aren't supposed to be very powerful and necessary."

So which one overrides here? Does the GGW get to stay because it is special? Or will it be nerfed because it is "necessary"?

I can actually answer that for you btw, if they see any evidence of any kind that a decent number of people are changing professions to engineering, they will nerf the living crap out of it. (This, sadly, is what Blizzard has become in recent years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Just buy a ton of goblin gliders. Easy.
    I notice today at least, that the vendor who was selling them in the Dalaran chamber is now gone.

Engineers and Demon Hunters also have alts who would like to have the same capabilities and are very happy to have account-wide toys that do similar things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I notice today at least, that the vendor who was selling them in the Dalaran chamber is now gone.
    They're buyable off the AH, yes?

No, because you need to be an engineer to use it.

I don't agree with the devs' reasoning here, but it's not exactly difficult to understand what they meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be honest here and say that I think the Developer's reasoning here is a total lie (no proof, pure speculation).

People found a moderate flight substitute so they wanted to put a stop to it. The "making Engineers and DH's less special" thing seems more like a nice scapegoat to me.
    The interesting thing about the complexity of life is that both things can be true at once. They didn't want to subtract from professions and they thought it too close to unlimited flying. Thinking strictly in binary terms is going to always lead you into blind logical alleys.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Translation: Roll the new class, we don't want another Monk.

Really stupid, but I saw it coming.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Their metrics showed players consuming content too quickly so they are trying to slow down players. This is the same reason for gem and leather nerfs as they want to stretch out content as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Translation: Roll the new class, we don't want another Monk.

Really stupid, but I saw it coming.
    No I think that's just a pure assumption on your part. I like Lisa's answer better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

seems like poor reasoning to me.. but whatever i only use the kite and not enough that it is a concern for me.

Deleted
    It's a bullshit excuse. Blizzard created the most messed up quest world to date. Every single last zone is an utter and absolute mess of corridors and tunnels. Often seperated by cliffs, unscalabable walls and various other artificial means. It's the first expansion to date where the most open zone (Suramar) is about as closed off and cramped as the closed off and cramped zones used to be in old expansions.

Compare the world to Wotlk, BC, Cataclysm, even Pandaria or WoD. There isn't a single proper open zone, there are no rolling planes and free movement whatsoever. They're moving away from the open world we used to have in favour of some Guild Wars (1) esque tunnel set up that just happens to be one big instance. Obviously people bypassing these limitations and not wasting huge ammounts of times traversing it will piss them off and lead to rather rapid change.

Thanks no flying crowd. This is what you brought us to.

I reckon it has more to do with the item and how it directly interacted with the entire Flying issue, than it does about it affecting a couple profession\class perks.

Maybe they shouldn't try to keep the player-base Flying-Mount'less at all cost and, instead, try to figure out and develop accordingly as to which the players rather skip and bypass most of the world terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The interesting thing about the complexity of life is that both things can be true at once. They didn't want to subtract from professions and they thought it too close to unlimited flying. Thinking strictly in binary terms is going to always lead you into blind logical alleys.

I get this, but if it is true, then honesty (that thing that they dodged for about a year concerning flight on the first go-round) might have been the way to handle it. A half-truth may as well be a lie most of the time.

It is like we are watching a low-budget knock off of something we've already seen before (and didn't like the first time).
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-09 at 10:30 PM.