Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Everytime I look after my nephews and/or nieces, I hit the bottle, so you may be onto something there.
    I mean the audacity of his post is just insane. He's basically saying we shouldn't worry about this because alcohol is still legal.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Are you saying we should make Alcohol illegal?
    In my opinion. If alcohol and cigarettes are legal. Everything should be. If that doesn't fly, flip it. If all the other things are illegal, then make cigarettes and alcohol illegal.

I'm just tired of the double standards on Alcohol and Cigarettes.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's called BeerWolf and I think he's Irish, it would be surprising if he wanted alcohol made illegal.

I feel defiantly bad for the child, but if you are stupid enough to to drugs then this will probably be the outcome for most.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Not sure that image anything but stroke the ego of the guys who came up with the idea to post the picture.

No drug addict is going to go "Whelp, looks like I'm quitting!". More like, "I know my limits".
    They clearly state that they want to raise awareness in those that are not drug users.

Awsome this is the kind stuff the news should always show. Police need to post more true images and show what the news wont.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone should watch gruesome stuff like the ones on LiveLeak to see how the real world is, not their fantasy of how the world is in their own room.

Stuff like this photo don't even bother me at all anymore.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

If you think that's graphic, I recommend never watching southpark.

I feel bad for the parents and chlid. No person wants to end up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I feel bad for the parents and chlid. No person wants to end up like that.
    The parents put themselves in this situation. The kid doesn't have a choice.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I feel horrible for that child. Such a shame that this is still such a problem.
    I have to second that notion. This kid will have memories of this, with parents like this, he doesnt have much hope to escape the poverty he will become trapped in, without proper role models and a strong moral code enforced by people with a positive influence in his life he may follow in their footsteps.

When we talk about the circle of poverty, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The parents put themselves in this situation. The kid doesn't have a choice.
    Yes... his parents did; however, drug addiction is a serious problem and most people do not want to be like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes... his parents did; however, drug addiction is a serious problem and most people do not want to be like this.
    Some people though just don't care despite all the help. I have an adopted aunt that despite 3 decades of help us still addicted to pain pills. She doesn't care. She just wants more money from the family, and she wasted every penny of it that was meant to help. So she's on her own and we refuse to have anything to do with her anymore.

Some people are just too stubborn to care to be fixed

They have plenty of options to get help.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'm guessing the very opposite. Call off the war on drugs, since the drug problem is less than the alcohol problem and we're not getting rid of alcohol anytime soon.

Everything made legal go!

10+ Year Old Account
    They have plenty of options to get help.
    Problem is, as i'm sure you're aware, sometimes addicts don't want help. They love the feeling of being high, and feel most alive and happy during those times. That is worth the end results to some. Some even are delusional enough to think that this would never happen to them, that they are special or something. They can feel like they are in control, and not realize that the drugs are controlling them. Which causes them to make decisions like this, to wind up on the side of the road over dosed with their child in the back seat witnessing the whole thing.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Even places abroad called Liverpool are full of smackheads!
    Drug crime is 1/100 citizens in Liverpool, compared to 5.13/100 in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Problem is, as i'm sure you're aware, sometimes addicts don't want help. They love the feeling of being high, and feel most alive and happy during those times. That is worth the end results to some. Some even are delusional enough to think that this would never happen to them, that they are special or something. They can feel like they are in control, and not realize that the drugs are controlling them. Which causes them to make decisions like this, to wind up on the side of the road over dosed with their child in the back seat witnessing the whole thing.
    I agree. It's why I don't feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the kid in the back seat.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I agree. It's why I don't feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the kid in the back seat.
    Addicts may not want help because they're so addicted... you should feel sorry for addicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Addicts may not want help because they're so addicted... you should feel sorry for addicts.
    There is only so much pity one can give though. Decades of attempted help... at some point, unless you are a social worker where this is your job, throwing in the towel is pretty much the only answer they'll understand.