Mythic Dungeons. What's the difference?

So I have not played in a few years. Dungeons having a Mythic version is new to me, I understand it is a harder version of Heroic, but is there anything different about it in comparison to Heroic other than the obvious more health + more damage output?

Deleted
    Abilities generally casts faster, so you need to be more alert to not get hit by stuff. More adds, more of the existing mechanics etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they give better loot and you have to organise your own groups for them. Soon mythic+ will unlock which provides a challenge mode style dungeon experience with progressively harder dungeons and greater rewards.

Mythics obviously have more HP and damage output, the bosses can also use extra mechanics. In turn Mythics also reward better gear then Heroics and you have weekly lockouts to Mythics just like Raids.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    So I have not played in a few years. Dungeons having a Mythic version is new to me, I understand it is a harder version of Heroic, but is there anything different about it in comparison to Heroic other than the obvious more health + more damage output?
    a lot more mechanics will one shot you thats the main difference

The primary difference is a weekly lockout and no queue. They're a little bit harder than heroics I guess, but not much.

There's some small changes, such as on Cordana instead of one moving wall at a time you get two from different directions. Nothing really major.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a form your own group cockblock with higher ilevel loot to help players cope with that archaic holdover from years past. Despite the push for players to run Mythic I'm expecting that participation in Mythic by the general populace will be quite low. I ran one earlier, completed it, total pug. I personally despise pugging and I honestly don't see the average player going through the hassle.

Deleted
    Mythics are not new, actually. Instead, they've added one additional rung of the ladder below normal, similar to what they did pre-Draenor launch with raids aka renaming:

Raids:
    ( ) -> flex -> Normal
    Normal -> Normal -> Heroic
    Heroic -> Heroic -> Mythic

And now the dungeons:

( ) -> Normal
    Normal -> Heroic
    Heroic -> Mythic

The Mythic dungeons are similar in difficulty to Cataclysm Heroics, but nowhere near the TBC Heroics (SH and Arcatraz are like Mythic++ to me )

Yours sincerely
    Rottennerve

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The primary difference is a weekly lockout and no queue. They're a little bit harder than heroics I guess, but not much.
    You have to know bosses which in turn makes them not that much harder but I find trash way more powerful (as a tank). Pull 1 more group and you could be looking at a wipe. Agree ?

Yeah trash is considerably stronger, the bosses will one hit you with abilities more then likely but not too much harder really. And yeah you can't queue you form your own premade for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Besides what everyone else said, trash is a legitimate threat in Mythic, and downright deadly in Mythic+ with the 'wrong' affixes. Which is why you will see classes with good AoE burst dominating the dungeons, or why most Mythic+ specs for all classes will gravitate towards AoE clearing and Cleave.

Bosses on the other hand now have abilities that can 1-shot people or completely wipe the party, whereas in heroics you can pretty much faceroll and heal through most stuff if your healer is somewhat competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottennerve View Post
    The Mythic dungeons are similar in difficulty to Cataclysm Heroics, but nowhere near the TBC Heroics (SH and Arcatraz are like Mythic++ to me )

Yours sincerely
    Rottennerve

What? No they're not, not even close. Cataclysm Heroics would fuck up your shit if you just pulled full packs like you easily can in Legion mythics. People were whining so much in Cata that Blizzard quickly nerfed all the heroics.

Litterally the only packs where I've seen people cc are the ones with runecallers in HoV, and that's one very specific mob per pack, max.

You need to be 835+ and ranged to get a pug as a DPS. They are actually fairly simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some trash mobs also have new abilities in Mythic. The most notable example is probably Darkheart Thicket:

- The big bears before the first boss spawn adds that follow random players, similar to the adds in the first boss encounter (which is also a new mechanic).
    - The Keeper after the first boss spawn 3 instead of 1 mushroom and the puddles created by the mushrooms heal the flower enemies.

The dungeon journal is a bit buggy at the moment, some skill (like the adds in the first and second encounter in Darkheart Thicket) are only used in Mythic but the skull icon is completely missing. Some other time the skull icon is there and it says heroic but the skill is actually only available on mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Well they give better loot and you have to organise your own groups for them. Soon mythic+ will unlock which provides a challenge mode style dungeon experience with progressively harder dungeons and greater rewards.
    It's more like D3 Greater Rifts than MoP/WoD CMs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    You need to be 835+ and ranged to get a pug as a DPS. They are actually fairly simple.
    Except in dungeons melee are actually quite good, because they can DPS on the move(mostly relevant for M+) and have better access to interrupts/stuns, and some melees do absurd (burst) AoE DPS as well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i have done all of them once with my guildmates. But in tldr: just dont stay in shit and do mechanics and you'll be fine. Oh and dont pull to much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottennerve View Post
    Mythics are not new, actually. Instead, they've added one additional rung of the ladder below normal, similar to what they did pre-Draenor launch with raids aka renaming:

Raids:
    ( ) -> flex -> Normal
    Normal -> Normal -> Heroic
    Heroic -> Heroic -> Mythic

And now the dungeons:

( ) -> Normal
    Normal -> Heroic
    Heroic -> Mythic

Yours sincerely
    Rottennerve
    Pretty much this. I guess it gives players a better feel that they've progressed forwards instead of backwards, i.e. now average Joe is clearing heroics instead of the previous normals. It'd be harsh if he had to do scrubtier over normals when Blizzard raised the difficulty.

Does anyone know if you can run violet hold again for the random bosses you haven't done in one week?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Does anyone know if you can run violet hold again for the random bosses you haven't done in one week?
    No the 3 bosses are static for all instances, it changes weekly.