I am glad there is no flying, I hope it stays like this for the duration of the Xpack.

Obviously there is an influx of players with Legion, but I feel like it makes zones feel more alive. Ive had a lot of fun ganking and being ganked because players can't just fly away to escape PvP. There are plenty of flight paths and teleports I have no problem getting around quickly without flying. It seems to force you to interact with the whole world as opposed to just dropping down from the sky, doing your stuff, and then flying up and away again.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

This thread/topic is more then over if you do not like there is no flying bye bye thanks for visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by arinth View Post
    I am glad there is no flying, I hope it stays like this for the duration of the Xpack.

Obviously there is an influx of players with Legion, but I feel like it makes zones feel more alive. Ive had a lot of fun ganking and being ganked because players can't just fly away to escape PvP. There are plenty of flight paths and teleports I have no problem getting around quickly without flying. It seems to force you to interact with the whole world as opposed to just dropping down from the sky, doing your stuff, and then flying up and away again.
    You're not allowed to use PvP as a reason to oppose flight. Pro flyers don't allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    No, Watcher is a lawyer. Even you have pointed out in the past how carefully his wording is and at one point, he slipped up and said something to the effect that ranked PVP and high end raiding were the "things that matter" and you rightly picked up on what that actually meant. When he went to an interview and said "no more flying ever" you can damn well bet that was the plan, whether there was internal disagreement or not.

Blizzard PR was bad then, but mostly because they were telling people things they didn't want to hear and labelled a selfie-camera a major patch.. In no way do I believe that someone as sharp as Watcher is was confused or misspoke - they fully intended to remove flight forever and it blew up in their faces at a time when they had already lost so many subs they didn't have room to throw away any more.
    Watcher said in the interview today that they expect players to outgear and make the world NPCS and mobs trivial by the time 7.1 rolls around. So...what is the point of restricting flight to be released six months to a year from now? Gear ilevels are scaling so fast and the first tier isn't set to release till next year, so the trivialization of the world is already happening, and that means there is no reason to gate flying to be released at tail end of expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

More world PVP happens when there are flying mounts.

Players that think there is more world PVP happening without flying mounts tend to be very sloppy in world PVP interactions and must rely in Blizzard hamstringing players to feel accomplished. This is no different than the tanks currently dominating world PVP and abusing mechanics that Blizzard did not test adequately in the alpha/beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    this argument has been beat to death several times in the past... If you can't understand why having both options available creates a HUGE advantage for a person choosing one over another then i think you are just ignorant, or unwilling to understand.

Person A) Chooses to fly from node to node picking herbs

Person B) Chooses to ride a ground mount from node to node picking herbs

In the end, person A comes out with much more herbs in a shorter amount of time than person B. Do you really not see how thats a huge disadvantage? In the end, there really isn't a choice if both are available now is there? If you are really being honest, there isn't a choice at all.
    And you fail to understand if person B places a disadvantages on him or herself to be slower, that is their choice. No one imposes this disadvantage on them but themselves.

If I want to level up just by killing boars, should I impose this on other players because they can level faster by doing something that is more efficient?

My statement still stand, you want to impose your vision onto others on what is better and what is not, even though others disagree.

How does more PvP happen with flying? Could you explain that or point me to where I could confirm that.

I only have my subjective experience of the last few weeks, but it seems like there is more Pvp. Idk.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

How does more PvP happen with flying? Could you explain that or point me to where I could confirm that.

I only have my subjective experience of the last few weeks, but it seems like there is more Pvp. Idk.
    Last few weeks doesn't trump years of experience with world PVP. In fact there was more world PVP happening with flying mounts in WoD than before. Before WoD, it was just entire waves of mutli boxers invading warspear or Tanaan quest hubs. Players that relied on flight paths where smashed to pieces or as soon as they teleported into Tanaan via Ashran city hubs. With flying mutli boxers doing world PVP lost potency and players were able to mount counter attack raids using flying mounts to gather and form a counter attack.

This is why Swifty was able to also form massive raids on capital cities and mobilize players quickly via flight mounts. Without flight mounts, it would be too difficult to organize players quickly and it must be pre planned on a set date instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I'll gladly take an infraction to point out how fucking insignificant this topic is to the community as a whole.
    That's funny, the most popular thread on the front page of /General WoW forums is

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748866430

Looks like its a little more important that you think. Sorry bro. Hope you dont get an infraction for being wrong. /fistbump

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know why anti-fliers didn't see any pvp with flying - they were probably afking up in the sky as they accuse pro-fliers of doing the same, projecting much. Meanwhile pro-fliers were pvping in daily areas and next to instance entrances.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    That's funny, the most popular thread on the front page of /General WoW forums is

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748866430

Looks like its a little more important that you think. Sorry bro. Hope you dont get an infraction for being wrong. /fistbump
    The -148 thread is the most popular?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The -148 thread is the most popular?
    Damn that's sad, you cant count either, even when there is a post count label of 220.
    Whats that like?

/hug

Damn that's sad, you cant count either, even when there is a post count label of 220.
    Whats that like?

/hug
    No, he pointed out the amount of 'dislikes' the OP had. But I guess it was easier for you to point out post counts as if they were more meaningful than discussion content. I guess that's why Trump is so popular?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    The +/- of the OP, you fucking retard.
    Ohh so you do know its the most popular currently.

Thanks for clearing that up. And stop crying, your mascara is running.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    No, he pointed out the amount of 'dislikes' the OP had. But I guess it was easier for you to point out post counts as if they were more meaningful than discussion content. I guess that's why Trump is so popular?
    What about every other post that is downvoted in the thread? I guess those dont count, just the brigadded OP AMIRITE?

No flying + a reason to be in the world (world quests) guarantee makes more opportunity for PvP and in general promotes a more social experience than the game with flying ever could offer. I don't see how this can be argued.

What about every other post that is downvoted in the thread? I guess those dont count, just the brigadded OP AMIRITE?
    Which means the thread example you used is a cesspool of negativity in all rites. That works against the credibility of meaningful discussion for Flight in WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reason to be in the world alone guaranties people will be in the world. The faster they can get there - the faster and more often they will meet. Obviously.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for pointing out your inability to read. <3
    I understood completely, you said no one cared, the most popular post on the forums is about flying, proving people care.

Youre the one crying about it, resorting to name calling because you didn't bother to look at the forums. But please, continue to cry, I promise I wont report you. I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Reason to be in the world alone guaranties people will be in the world. The faster they can get there - the faster and more often they will meet. Obviously.
    Oh right.. The fact that people can't fly has nothing to do with it at all..

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember in TBC in the Hellfire peninsula in the Alliance mine there was a line to kill the quest mob there in first days since launch of TBC. The spawn rates of mobs were fast, but still not fast enough to accommodate all.

No flying has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And that's why LFG/LFR promotes social interaction and communities amirite? The convenience lets people interact more often! Obviously.