Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So I'm using Grid+Clique atm, but Grid SUCKS for showing multiple HoTs/buffs; anyone use anything better? I'm about to try out Vuhdo...
    How long have you been using Grid? I find t to be wonderful.

Center Text 2 is my Lifebloom. Numerical and color coded countdown.

Top right corner is Germination, bottom right is Rejuvenation, bottom left is Regrowth, and top left is Wild Growth. These use the corner icons, which are color coded to fade from green to yellow to red based on my personal taste (red is the "Pandemic zone" though). I don't find much need to track anything else, but I suppose one could add a center icon for Ironbark. Cultivation is too passive to worry about, no? Maybe tracking Spring Blossoms would be useful, but I'm not raiding on my Druid.

Is soul of the forest really the way to go right now? I've been using incarnation and germination since WoD and love the combo. I couldn't count the number of times those instant casts from incarnation have saved my groups from wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Is soul of the forest really the way to go right now? I've been using incarnation and germination since WoD and love the combo. I couldn't count the number of times those instant casts from incarnation have saved my groups from wipes.
    Prosperity+SotF and Cenarion Ward+Incarnation are both viable options that work well. I think it mainly comes down to what you are used to and the composition/skill of your group. I'm using Prosperity+SotF for everything because I like the control and feel I don't need another 'oh shit' button other than tranq and essence. I also think a SotF rejuv works almost as well as Cenarion Ward and would rather have the choice how to use the SotF buff.

Germination is a must for 5 mans, and I don't think spring blossoms works well enough in a mythic or mythic+ environment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallphas View Post
    Noxxic is the only place where I could find weights:
    Intellect [9.04] > Haste [7.54] > Crit [6.04] > Mastery [4.54] > Versatility [3.04]

I don't know how reliable it is, but I'm giving it a go for now.
    I'm really not a big fan of Noxxic but at least it looks viable for Raid weights. If I would focus on mythic+ I'd get way more mastery through..
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

It isnt very consistent with what other people wrote in the old Legion thread. Would still be very nice if some of the theorycrafters would post their individual weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    I'm really not a big fan of Noxxic but at least it looks viable for Raid weights. If I would focus on mythic+ I'd get way more mastery through..
    I agree, I thought about bumping mastery up a bit, but Im afraid of messing it all up, so Im just rolling with it. But Im saving mastery pieces in case our savior theocrafter shows up and bless us with numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smejusak View Post
    Hello.
    Are you using some macro to cast all thre spells at once ?
    Something like
    /cast WG
    /cast Flourish
    /cast G'hanir

Bcs as you said this combo could be quite nice in Heorics and Mythics dungeons during lot of AOE damage.
    Thank you
    I have them all on seperate binds. I always strongly advice against macroing abilities together unless you exclusively use them as a pair (e.g. a 2 minute cooldown trinket with a 2 minute class cooldown that always work better as a pair). Since Flourish and G'hanir are also very strong on their own and have their own use I would advance against macroing these abilities together.

Personally I have bound Flourish to the "V" key and Ghanir for me is Shift+V. So i can execute this combo pretty fast by pressing V twice, once with and once without holding shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallphas View Post
    Noxxic is the only place where I could find weights:
    Intellect [9.04] > Haste [7.54] > Crit [6.04] > Mastery [4.54] > Versatility [3.04]

I don't know how reliable it is, but I'm giving it a go for now.
    I would take these weights with a giant grain of salt. I havent done any math on stats so far; but it seems extremely unlikely that Haste is 2-3x better than versatility. Noxxic is known to provide serious misinformation and to just pull random numbers out of their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Soul of the Forest is strong. But for dungeons Cultivation or Incarnation are fine too.
    I personally prefer Cultivation for 5 mans as it gives more mastery stacks which really make a difference. Incarnation is a solid cooldown, but IMO the weakest of the 3 in general. But if you prefer it, just use it.

Germination is for 5 mans the strongest without question. I probably wouldn't even consider the others.

Holy jesus christ. Whoever thinks Versatility is twice worse than Haste and Crit shouldn't be writing guides. There's like 20% difference at best and most likely, depending on your stats, those two will be very close. Right now for me Versatility is showing only 10% behind Crit (with random Raid boss spell distribution from Beta).

If you are doing dungeons right now and are not interested in doing dps, then Mastery is by far your best stat, even better than Intellect.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    Holy jesus christ. Whoever thinks Versatility is twice worse than Haste and Crit shouldn't be writing guides. There's like 20% difference at best and most likely, depending on your stats, those two will be very close. Right now for me Versatility is showing only 10% behind Crit (with random Raid boss spell distribution from Beta).

If you are doing dungeons right now and are not interested in doing dps, then Mastery is by far your best stat, even better than Intellect.

So something like (very very roughly):
    Int = haste = crit 1,0 <-> Vers/Mastery 0,8 (raiding)
    Mastery 1,1 <-> Int=haste=crit 1,0 <-> Vers 0,8 (5-Man)

Could i go with those and wouldnt be totally wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post

Obviously I've asked the same question recently, but is it the general consensus that Intellect is valued the same as Haste/Crit and not significantly higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post

No those aren't really correct either.

There are no real good stat weights for healers as it tends to fluctuate a lot based on specific fights and the way you use your toolkit.

Something more realistic would be something in this ballpark:

Intellect = 1
    Crit = 0.6
    Haste = 0.6
    Versatiility = 0.55

Mastery (raids) = 0.5
    Mastery (dungeons) = 0.8

These are like wetfingered very rough figures. Completely unfounded other than based on experience from previous expansions (as druid healing model didnt change too much) and the fact that blizzard likes to use the primary = 1 vs secondary = 0.6 model for a lot of their classes.

Generally Intellect > Secondary stats by a solid margin. However 2x Secondary stat > Intellect. (This is important for gemming; and deciding between WF and gem slot).

Mastery is a complete wildcard here. If you don't make good use (either involuntarily or intended) of your HoT stacks it will be your worst stat by a decent margin. But if you use it very effectively it can be really strong.
    For mythic healing mastery might even be better than intellect as Torty mentioned; but there is no real reason to go very deep in on that as intellect is simply on the gear by itself. It might only matter for a specific trinket choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    [...]but there is no real reason to go very deep in on that as intellect is simply on the gear by itself. It might only matter for a specific trinket choice.
    Since neck and ring are without main stat I am having some trouble deciding on which stats to focus on for those slots :/
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Deleted
    What neck enchant are you resto guys using? The passive healing one or the crit/haste proc?

Claw (Crit/haste proc one) doesn't proc off heals since beta. Still isn't fixed. Passive healing one is complete garbage, barely does 1-2%. Until this shit is fixed (and for dungeons) I'm gonna be using Satyr enchant. It doesn't show on my Skada, but it does nice damage. If you are going for pure healing in dungeons and don't want to be dpsing, then obviously Mastery enchant is the superior choice. For raids I'm probably going to be using healing proc one, I think it's still slightly better than passive Mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkwingDuck View Post
    Obviously I've asked the same question recently, but is it the general consensus that Intellect is valued the same as Haste/Crit and not significantly higher?
    It all honestly depends on what you are doing right now. I can give you rough weight estimates that will 100% be unaccurate for you since I don't know your ilvl, stats and how you heal, but I guess it will give some people an idea.

Dungeons, only healing, zero dps: Mastery 1,2; Int 1,0; Haste 0,85; Crit 0,79, Vers 0,71.
    Dungeons, doing a lot of dps, dgaf about healing: Int 1,0; Crit 0,8; Vers 0,75; Haste 0,7; Mastery until you are comfortable, 0 after that.

Keep in mind that Mastery can be way higher or way lower depending on how much tank healing you are doing. If you are non-stop spamming a retard tank, then mastery can easily be 1,8. If you are just throwing a couple of random hots around on each pack and have no problems, then value of Mastery is approaching zero, since it's the only stat that doesn't contribute to your dps. Also, it's entirely possible that if you have like 7-8k Crit rating and ~0 Vers, Vers becomes better than Crit, so keep that in mind.

So based on the stat weights i've been seeing recently this is what i've come up with for secondary stats for raiding.
    haste>=Crit>vers>=mastery.

and for 5 man content

Mastery>haste=crit>vers.

Now my question is at the moment my raid set I've accidentally managed to eliminate all vers from it since no vers gear dropped. Is this bad? Would it be bad if i got rid of all the mastery on my raid gear as well and only had haste/crit for my secondaries?

Deleted
    Hello! I am rather new to druid and I just started playing restoration!

I have two questions. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Is anyone else having trouble with [Thrumming Gossamer]. It dropped for me in VH Mythic but so far during my tests it hasn't proced once. It is currently rusting away in my bags.

2. I am currently rather comfortable with healing and focusing on outputting DPS. I read OPs post and currently practicing the feral rotation on a dummy but I can't find the Thrash in any form while in Restoration spec. Currently I am running:
    a. AOE: Sunfire>Rake>Swipe and Ferocious Bite to dump - +3targets i'm at 150k+DPS
    b. Solo: Moonfire>Sunfire>Rake>Shred and Rip to dump - 90k+ DPS

The damage is crazy IMO for a healer so thank you for that pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Tomali View Post
    Mastery will increase your healing on a target for each resto heal over time (HoT) on the target, up to three.
    I don't know where this is coming from, maybe it was like this in beta. I've read this in many different guides, but it's not limited to three hots on the live servers. I tested with up to 5 hots, and each one boosted mastery. (Rejuv x2, Regrowth, WG, LB)

I could think of 2 more - Cultivation and Cenarion ward - but I haven't tested that yet. However I can confirm that HoTs from Trinkets will NOT increase the mastery "count". (tested with trinket "Naglfar Fare")

Quote Originally Posted by endofsociallife View Post
    Hello! I am rather new to druid and I just started playing restoration!

I have two questions. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Is anyone else having trouble with [Thrumming Gossamer]. It dropped for me in VH Mythic but so far during my tests it hasn't proced once. It is currently rusting away in my bags.

2. I am currently rather comfortable with healing and focusing on outputting DPS. I read OPs post and currently practicing the feral rotation on a dummy but I can't find the Thrash in any form while in Restoration spec. Currently I am running:
    a. AOE: Sunfire>Rake>Swipe and Ferocious Bite to dump - +3targets i'm at 150k+DPS
    b. Solo: Moonfire>Sunfire>Rake>Shred and Rip to dump - 90k+ DPS

The damage is crazy IMO for a healer so thank you for that pointer
    Thrash is in bear form. When you are low on energy, sunfire is up and there are a lot of targets it's a dps increase to do one thrash to get the bleed going.

Thrash is in bear form. When you are low on energy, sunfire is up and there are a lot of targets it's a dps increase to do one thrash to get the bleed going.
    IIRC, thrash isn't available unless you are guardian affinity, otherwise AoE would be a lot easier than spreading rakes.

You only have access to thrash with Guardian affinity, and anyone trying to maximize DPS without Feral affinity is doing it wrong.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week