Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The problem with crafting is not blood of sargeras, that is plentiful. The problem with crafting with professions like Inscription is the abysmal milling rates for sallow pigment, takes about 30-40 herbs milled for 1-2 pigments, you need 10 for a simple glyph let alone 18 for a single darkmoon card.

The rank 3's i have usually cost 2 blood to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
    Thats unfortunate to hear - i remember spending a lot of time and money into my professions. I'll dump JC then and go for Herbalism/Alchemy to get some extra money.

Thanks
    Potions are forever good in the AH it seems.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The problem with crafting is not blood of sargeras, that is plentiful. The problem with crafting with professions like Inscription is the abysmal milling rates for sallow pigment, takes about 30-40 herbs milled for 1-2 pigments, you need 10 for a simple glyph let alone 18 for a single darkmoon card.
    I literally cannot find a single Inscription item to craft that sells for more than the raw herbs would on the AH. Its insane how bad inscription is now, I am looking for any reason to not drop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had BS/Jewelcrafting before Legion and dropped JC to do Mining/BS and I kind of regret that decision because so far I've found no use for BS. None of the crafted gear beats heroic/Mythic gear unless you upgrade it with oblit stuff but grinding that stuff out is just that, a grind. One that I'm not interested in.

Question since I haven't tried. Do those profession relearn books work for professions before Legion or am I shit out of luck since I didn't touch Legion JC at all? Suppose I could start from fresh and it wouldn't matter but I liked having tons of cuts on mine and would like to keep them just for the history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    I literally cannot find a single Inscription item to craft that sells for more than the raw herbs would on the AH. Its insane how bad inscription is now, I am looking for any reason to not drop it.
    Same, I mean you could get lucky on the valuable darkmoon cards, but for the most part it averages out to a loss.

I crafted myself tattered wings and mana touched souls (which is bullshit, because the glyphs only apply to a single spec, so I gotta craft them two times for both my specs), and I know I'm costing myself metric tons of money, but that's just how bad it is to craft anything let alone level up inscription.

Inscription also has no interesting quests or story whatsoever, it's really bad. And the toys/qol items are utter trash. Useless legends, useless steamy romance novels, song cards that you need engineering items for.

I'm suffering from heavy buyer's remorse with inscription. If I had a do-over I would have gone mining/engineering or mining/blacksmith or mining/JC since the mount saddles are incredibly useful in the open world.

I wasn't even able to craft the darkmoon deck for myself, I had to sink 190k gold to buy it from someone since the individual cards on AH were more expensive and the RNG involved around crafting it on top of 18 sallow pigments per card is outrageous.

Inscription is also royally screwed over in obliterum production.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Question since I haven't tried. Do those profession relearn books work for professions before Legion or am I shit out of luck since I didn't touch Legion JC at all? Suppose I could start from fresh and it wouldn't matter but I liked having tons of cuts on mine and would like to keep them just for the history.
    It's Legion stuff only I'm afraid.

The best way to think of the new scribe is as the Raid Support profession. Thus, its value is so highly dependent on raiding that it is basically impossible to determine the full value until raids unlock. Between the Talent Reset Tomes, which are much more valuable for raids than other content, and the Vantus Runes, which only buff raids and are only unlocked in raids, there's a lot of stuff that Scribes can make which just has no use right now... but will be valuable when raids unlock. Though that value will depend a lot on your server...

Also... engineer has Scribe beat for uselessness, hands down :P
    Some cool toys and pets, but no useful gear or consumables. Reaves is their new Bot, and is... kind of a mess to build, even weirder to use, and is not really better than the existing bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post

- - - Updated - - -

they don't become 850 from crafting, they become 850 from obliterum. Which there's a limited supply of in the AH at any given time. Slightly more favourable stats isn't worth the gold. Especially when you'll replace it with nighthold gear anyway. Or should. Even normal nighthold gear is 875 ilvl.
    I was of the impression that Obliterum comes from breaking down crafted items, so.... Yes, they do? Unless that changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the nerf to skinning that they did, I can't do anything with LW. I'd have to dedicate hours upon hours of skinning just to make a little bit of gold from it.

Deleted
    Provided the gear you sell is desirable. Nothing crafted is desirable. Not even the deeply involved oblit upgraded items. You can grind heroics for a day or two and come out with far better gear and extra gold in your pocket rather than giving it to crafters for inferior wares. I suppose enchanting, alchemy, JC, and inscription will always have their uses, but blacksmithing, leatherworking, and engineering are just wastes of time and gold. I regularly see pages of crafted LW/BS stuff up at low prices, when the raw mats alone would've netted 3-5x the gold on the AH. The few items that could net big gold, like the BS mount is raid gated. You can't even upgrade the crafted artifact relics with obliterum and those would be the only useful things.
    This is how it's always been. You've always needed the materials gatherers provide. Fortunately the BoP mats have always come out of dungeon content, be it primal nethers, frozen orbs, chaos orbs, or spirits of harmony and blood of sargeras. Plus world quest. The problem is demonsteel armour (made by BS) sucks ass and requires a lot of obliterum to make it on par with a warforged heroic piece and 7 to reach the 850 that titanforged gear is. .

- - - Updated - - -

they don't become 850 from crafting, they become 850 from obliterum. Which there's a limited supply of in the AH at any given time. Slightly more favourable stats isn't worth the gold. Especially when you'll replace it with nighthold gear anyway. Or should. Even normal nighthold gear is 875 ilvl.
    You get Oliterum from crafted items. So yes, you get 850 items from crafting.

Dont be an idiot that buys things of AH within two weeks of release and then proceeds to complain that its expensive LOL. Literally EVERYTHING is overprized.

Obliterum isnt hard to get by just making and breaking down semi-cheap crafted items.

Stop spreading false info. Its definately worth crafting 850 pieces with perfect stats

Provided the gear you sell is desirable. Nothing crafted is desirable. Not even the deeply involved oblit upgraded items. You can grind heroics for a day or two and come out with far better gear and extra gold in your pocket rather than giving it to crafters for inferior wares. I suppose enchanting, alchemy, JC, and inscription will always have their uses, but blacksmithing, leatherworking, and engineering are just wastes of time and gold. I regularly see pages of crafted LW/BS stuff up at low prices, when the raw mats alone would've netted 3-5x the gold on the AH. The few items that could net big gold, like the BS mount is raid gated. You can't even upgrade the crafted artifact relics with obliterum and those would be the only useful things.
    This is how it's always been. You've always needed the materials gatherers provide. Fortunately the BoP mats have always come out of dungeon content, be it primal nethers, frozen orbs, chaos orbs, or spirits of harmony and blood of sargeras. Plus world quest. The problem is demonsteel armour (made by BS) sucks ass and requires a lot of obliterum to make it on par with a warforged heroic piece and 7 to reach the 850 that titanforged gear is.
    Let me know how getting 850 gear in every crafted slot from heroics/mythics is going for ya, let along getting them without garbage stats for your class.

I've done 8 mythics in week 1, 10 mythics in week 2, every world quest that rewarded a piece with good stats for my class, and ~70 heroics and have gotten 4 850 pieces with decent stats that were on par with (or better, one has a socket) than crafted gear.

And before you say slightly better stats isn't worth it, it highly depends on the class you're playing, but for fire, an 850 piece without crit can be beaten by a 835 piece with crit. Crit outvalues int. There are other cases where a secondary outweighs a primary for certain classes as well.

Nighthold is MONTHS away.

PS - You can get obliterum from crafting. As a tailor, I can turn 400 cloth into an obliterum, sometimes an obliterum and a half.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2016-09-10 at 04:14 AM.

Btw, aint engineering always still usefull. Nitro + glider ? love that. Im engi on many of my alts.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Unless you are going to level your characters to 110 you cant do professions, keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Just popping in...

Do we really need gather, or is this just a lie? As a flipper on AH would you need to farm your own bloods just craft stuff?

dont play legion...wont do for more months probably.
    It would kind of suck being an alchemist w/o herbalism, unless you had a bunch of money to spend on mats at this point. The way I play at least, I wouldn't want to go with 2 crafting professions in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It would kind of suck being an alchemist w/o herbalism, unless you had a bunch of money to spend on mats at this point. The way I play at least, I wouldn't want to go with 2 crafting professions in Legion.
    The point of flipping is to never EVER farm mats yourself...you buy, buy, buy. Wait for price-drops BUT!! if some stupid mats that is BOP, you are forced to farm it...which makes it useless for gold.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest annoyance with professions is all of the damn quests involved to advance. Worst part of the expansion so far imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriellya View Post
    The best way to think of the new scribe is as the Raid Support profession. Thus, its value is so highly dependent on raiding that it is basically impossible to determine the full value until raids unlock. Between the Talent Reset Tomes, which are much more valuable for raids than other content, and the Vantus Runes, which only buff raids and are only unlocked in raids, there's a lot of stuff that Scribes can make which just has no use right now... but will be valuable when raids unlock. Though that value will depend a lot on your server...

Also... engineer has Scribe beat for uselessness, hands down :P
    Some cool toys and pets, but no useful gear or consumables. Reaves is their new Bot, and is... kind of a mess to build, even weirder to use, and is not really better than the existing bots.
    So each raid just gets one scribe and throws some herbs at him. There really is no reason to go to the AH for said things except if your raid is really lazy.

I agree that engineering is worse though, especially with their quest to clear a mythic dungeon to get the recipe for their 815 helmet.

I've made almost 600k gold from legion launch (or, well, rather, the day after I hit 110) until now simply by making Demonsteel Armguards. Buying the mats off the AH, too. Not useless to me Pretty much the richest I've ever been by like 600%

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    One of my guildies have been selling darkmoon trinkets for a couple of 100k profit each. But might be different on different servers.