Withered Army Training

So what's the best setup for doing this?

First time through with no idea what it was I went havoc and opened that second door and the Dryad in there beat me like I store her bicycle...
    Second time through went Vengeance and still went through that door (which I now realize is a big mistake) and the all my beasties died while I was fighting that Dryad...which was going to take forever anyway.

Then have to wait the 3 days...

Yesterday went in again with Vengeance and took that broken path off to the left and not the door to the death dryad and made it a bit farther...but the Wraiths always mess with my beasties since I don't really have a stun for them.

Do people take Fel Eruption just for this and that big death aoe?

Also...any tips on fighting Whatshername Dro? She not only pissed in my cereal, but had time to tinkle in the bowls of all my nearly dead beasties as well.

Dryad is easy. You need to clear her room first. Then enrage your guys and keep her interrupted and run the debuff out so it doesn't hit your withered. Shes probably one of the easiest bosses in there.

The anomolies(or however its spelt) interrupt their casts and use sigil of misery when they hit 20% and it will stop that cast.

For the big arcane guy, I just position myself away so if any of the normal interruptible casts go off they won't get hit. I also use my offensive cooldowns and such when it gets to like 40% to burst it out. Fiery Brand (with Fiery Demise,) Immolation Aura, Soul Carver, and Fel Devastation blow it up before the explosion finishes. Sigil of Misery works as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Stuns are a godsend, that spear trinket from Odyn is amazing in there.

Definitely go as vengeance, best thing to do early on is focus on collecting chests - they give your wither army permanent bonuses for future runs. The 5 Wither chests give buffs like 25% more hp or dmg, the 10 Wither chests transform some of your starting Withers into more powerful units like Mana Ragers or Berserkers.

Once you have a powerful army you can then try taking out the bosses, although my strat to clear the entire place was to kill Dro (unavoidable), skip the other bosses, carefully circling past elf killer and taking out the spider boss before reaching the end. Kill every other mob on the way in increase your finishing score.

In short, not worth killing bosses if you can avoid it early on, focus on chest farming for stronger Withers.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    What I always do (as a Vengeance DH, ilvl 845) is get a minimum of 10 Withered. I ignore the bosses as long as I can, and open as many doors as I can (since they require at least 10 withered to open). Once I've done that, I get 9 of my Withered killed, or send them off with chests in order to fight Leystalker Dro who doesn't use his dash attack when there's only one Withered left.

The only real threats in the entire place I found are Leystalker Dro and the Elfbreaker Ettin, once those are dealt with it's pretty straightforward to clear out the entire place. Do not 'recruit' additional Withered until you've killed these bosses, unless you really have to in order to defeat them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    The only real threats in the entire place I found are Leystalker Dro and the Elfbreaker Ettin,
    Sidenote, has anyone noticed Leystalker Dro pulling like, super early due to glaive toss?

I think that's what it is... I'll just be going to the spiders and he'll TP to me suddenly :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Sidenote, has anyone noticed Leystalker Dro pulling like, super early due to glaive toss?

I think that's what it is... I'll just be going to the spiders and he'll TP to me suddenly :<
    Actually, it's not that. Leywalker Dro is in stealth and patrols around the spidery area. You can keep track of his position using Spectral Sight! One of the few times you'll use that ability haha.