Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    I think you're taking my comments a bit too personally. If you have some kind of guilt over giving up, that's on you. Nobody here is blaming you for not helping.
    actually Im not. Well, not feeling guilt anyways. More like frustration over my aunts situation.

Who is now divorced and living in a womens shelter.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have their child taken away from them by Child Protective Services.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Not sure that image anything but stroke the ego of the guys who came up with the idea to post the picture.

No drug addict is going to go "Whelp, looks like I'm quitting!". More like, "I know my limits".
    I disagree here but I suppose we'll never know the answer, but I wouldn't see why this can't influence at least some drug users, whether they are already addicted, or simply considering trying them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Are you saying we should make Alcohol illegal?
    No, I am saying it's hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Cause fuck that kid in the back seat right? He's probably the reason they overdosed right?
    Do you make it a habit of placing words in people's mouths? Irresponsible parents exist, regardless of drugs, for countless reasons... blaming heroine is just a very weak scapegoating tactic while hypocrisy is so prevalent. It could've easily been them intoxicated on alcohol, sleeping tablets, etc. , and yet those are perfectly legal to acquire...

Bottom line is I blame the parents, not the drug.

Shaming addicts isn't going to do squat, especially at that point of addiction. When people are that addicted their drug of choice > literally everything else, including their own children.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Shaming addicts isn't going to do squat, especially at that point of addiction. When people are that addicted their drug of choice > literally everything else, including their own children.
    A LOT of children are abused by alcoholic parents, and put in harms way to second hand smoke off cigarettes, etc.... so that's a completely mute point while we got hypocritical governments that allow some things and ban others while they can all be bad.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-09-10 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    A LOT of children are abused by alcoholic parents, and put in harms way to second hand smoke off cigarettes, etc.... so that's a completely mute point.
    What part of my post is a moot point? I don't understand your point, to be honest.

What part of my post is a moot point? I don't understand your point, to be honest.
    I find it funny when you opt to ban certain drugs yet are perfectly fine keeping, for example, alcohol legal and letting children get beaten daily by alcoholic parents... how so very contradictory of you.

Remove one substance, the neglectful parent will just find another fix and carry on their neglectful, abusive ways.

So yeah, I do blame the useless parent(s). Do you also go around blaming cars when someone gets killed by one ?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-09-10 at 01:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilariously funny when you opt to ban certain drugs yet are perfectly fine keeping alcohol legal and letting children getting beaten daily by alcoholic parents... how so very contradictory of you.

Remove one substances, the neglectful parent will just find another fix and carry on their neglectful, abusive ways.
    Please define the 'you' in this statement. I have a feeling you are trying to single out someone in particular. Or was that a reference to a nationality, and not so subtle nation bashing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

I find it funny when you opt to ban certain drugs yet are perfectly fine keeping, for example, alcohol legal and letting children get beaten daily by alcoholic parents... how so very contradictory of you.

Remove one substance, the neglectful parent will just find another fix and carry on their neglectful, abusive ways.

So yeah, I do blame the useless parent(s). Do you also go around blaming cars when someone gets killed by one ?
    I'm not sure what you're going on about, I made a statement about addicts' lives in late stage addiction revolving around their substance of choice. None of this tangential commentary is relevant to that point and you also seem to be making some strange assumptions in regards to my post on top of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Please define the 'you' in this statement. I have a feeling you are trying to single out someone in particular. Or was that a reference to a nationality, and not so subtle nation bashing?
    ... what the hell are you talking about?

I had a quote, pretty damn obvious who the 'you' was.

You sound pretty dumb, if I'm honest. A car is a useful tool. Drugs are useless crutches for weak minded people. Sure, the same argument could be made for alcohol, but that's about the only point that holds any grounds. I personally would be fine with the illegalization of Alcohol, even if I feel it's okay from time to time. Seldom use of Alcohol doesn't have quite the same effects as these highly addictive drugs, though alcohol is a slippy slope in and of itself.

However, not every drug is for every person, just like not every brand of soda is for everyone. To say "we have this bad thing, so there's no sense in being upset about this one!" is frankly a... just mindblowingly stupid logic.

... what the hell are you talking about?

I had a quote, pretty damn obvious who the 'you' was.
    I think you should reread my post and reconsider the many ways that you made a myriad of false assumptions.

I mean you're completely downplaying this whole incident because alcohol is legal.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I think everyone should watch gruesome stuff like the ones on LiveLeak to see how the real world is, not their fantasy of how the world is in their own room.

Stuff like this photo don't even bother me at all anymore.
    Totally agree. Mmo-champ especially is full of clueless holier than thou fuckheads that like to pass judgement on people who are experiencing things they have never personally seen or experienced. It really used to bother me but now I just feel sorry for them knowing that at some point in their life they'll likely experience an aspect of life that they previously thought themselves to be immune to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Totally agree. Mmo-champ especially is full of clueless holier than thou fuckheads that like to pass judgement on people who are experiencing things they have never personally seen or experienced. It really used to bother me but now I just feel sorry for them knowing that at some point in their life they'll likely experience an aspect of life that they previously thought themselves to be immune to.
    I'm confused by your point. Shitty/shittier things happen to other people so you're perplexed as to why people are upset when shitty things happen? Because they're not shitty enough?

Why don't you make a list of things that you think are worthy of MMO-OT being upset by, so we don't inadvertently offend you by making commentary on things you do not consider to be "shitty enough" for consideration.

I'm confused by your point. Shitty/shittier things happen to other people so you're perplexed as to why people are upset when shitty things happen? Because they're not shitty enough?

Why don't you make a list of things that you think are worthy of MMO-OT being upset by, so we don't inadvertently offend you by making commentary on things you do not consider to be "shitty enough" for consideration.
    I'm not talking about people that are upset. I'm talking about people that pass judgement on people when they know nothing of what the other people are going through. People that act as if they're morally superior to other people because they haven't personally experienced the hardships others have to deal with. My post wasn't really related to the OP. It's just something I see on mmo-champ all the time that slightly irks me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I'm not talking about people that are upset. I'm talking about people that pass judgement on people when they know nothing of what the other people are going through. People that act as if they're morally superior to other people because they haven't personally experienced the hardships others have to deal with. My post wasn't really related to the OP. It's just something I see on mmo-champ all the time that slightly irks me.
    I am sympathetic towards addiction, there's a myriad of genetic and social factors that contribute to it. It is very hard to break due to a variety of reasons.

That being said, getting high on opiates to the point of passing out behind the wheel is pretty extreme behavior, especially with a four-year-old in the back. Obviously they were both high on opiates and not really in a position to engage in sound decision-making, one would hope that the couple did not plan on driving anywhere that evening and they only got in the car because he thought his wife had overdosed (calling 911 would have been the better solution but as stated, they were high on opiates....decision-making skills...).

It does teach a poignant lesson regarding one of the many downsides of illicit substance use and how it can affect one's judgement in ways that one can't really anticipate beforehand.

I am sympathetic towards addiction, there's a myriad of genetic and social factors that contribute to it. It is very hard to break due to a variety of reasons.

That being said, getting high on opiates to the point of passing out behind the wheel is pretty extreme behavior, especially with a four-year-old in the back. Obviously they were both high on opiates and not really in a position to engage in sound decision-making, one would hope that the couple did not plan on driving anywhere that evening and they only got in the car because he thought his wife had overdosed (calling 911 would have been the better solution but as stated, they were high on opiates....decision-making skills...).

It does teach a poignant lesson regarding one of the many downsides of illicit substance use and how it can affect one's judgement in ways that one can't really anticipate beforehand.
    Trust me, I'm well aware of the horrible aspects of addiction. Which is why I didn't even comment on the OP because it's not my place to judge their actions. There's no argument needed to know who's at fault in this situation and it's terrible that the kid has to be involved but addiction is not a simple matter to discuss because it's different for everyone but is always damaging for all people involved.

The comment I responded to just resonated with me personally. I don't believe that people should actively look for these kinds of stories though. Just that people should be aware that addiction is a very common problem and isn't always so simple as "just don't do drugs" or whatever the case may be.

7+ Year Old Account
    A LOT of children are abused by alcoholic parents, and put in harms way to second hand smoke off cigarettes, etc.... so that's a completely mute point while we got hypocritical governments that allow some things and ban others while they can all be bad.
    That analogy lacks consideration for differences in magnitude. It's the same reason why Morphine is still used as a medical aid and Heroin isn't, despite both being opiates, hell that's only an extreme example as many over the counter pain killers contain opiates. The difference is the magnitude of harm. Even casual use of Heroin creates addiction and leads to extremely brutal long term health impacts, whereas casual usage of alcohol is socially expected and cigarettes are banned from most public spaces and have a huge support network to help with quitting. Making either substance illegal would cause wide-spread chaos and force people into crime.

In simpler terms cigarettes and Alcohol can be bad whereas Heroin and it's ilk are always bad, and as such there is no hypocrisy.