Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You PvP'ers happy with the Dev Q&A (Ion Hazzikostas)?

This is what Blizzard is trying to tell to all the complainers:

Class Balance
    • Raids and Mythic+ dungeons are the content people care about balance most for and they aren't available yet
    • Outside of balance tweaks, there are mechanical tweaks the team wants to make to improve gameplay. You won't see these via hotfixes, but should see them in Patch 7.1
    • Balance isn't perfect right now, the team is working on it, but there are lots of different variables

Artifact Power from PvP
    • The team is looking at Artifact Power gains and will make sure there aren't huge imbalances
    • The team started out conservatively with Artifact Power in PvP because it is easy to spam skirmishes
    • hen rated PvP starts again you will be able to earn more Artifact Power
    • PvP players should be able to level their Artifact through PvP

I'll warn you again: PvP is over. They gave full priority to PvE course of e-sports failure.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't really expect to hear anything pvp related. If blizzard dont give a shit, why would i? I'll simply not resub, it's not like the game is anything special pvp wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Raids and Mythic+ dungeons are the content people care about balance most for
    So basically as a non-raider you're a second-class subscriber. That's... interesting to see it confirmed.

WoW was always primarily a PVE game that also let us kill each other. Not to say that PVP was completely ignored, but it never has been and never will be the primary focus of development. That fact has very little bearing on whether or not the PVP will actually be fun. It's all about the class/ability design.

WoW 1.9 had the best PVP and I will defend this statement to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    WoW 1.9 had the best PVP and I will defend this statement to the death.
    I'm sure all 3 viable specs were having a whale of a time in their unchecked raid gear.

Rated isn't out yet so there isn't much to discuss. I'll be interested in the Q&A after Arenas/RBGs are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I'm sure all 3 viable specs were having a whale of a time in their unchecked raid gear.
    PVP balance in 1.9 was among the best in the game's history. There was not a single class that didn't have multiple great PVP specs.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    PVP balance in 1.9 was among the best in the game's history. There was not a single class that didn't have multiple great PVP specs.
    You are completely out of your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Deleted
    He was obvioudly talking about the important PVE content being Mythic+ and Raids and not to draw conclusions before those come out. Good job taking it out of context though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    You are completely out of your mind.
    "classic was imbalanced" is a meme born from bad players and spread to new players. Name a class!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    He was obvioudly talking about the important PVE content being Mythic+ and Raids and not to draw conclusions before those come out. Good job taking it out of context though.
    Ahh, oké... And what did he say about PvP content that also hasn't been released? Or even anything PvP related?

Exactly:Nada, Noppes, Nothing, Rien, Hичего, 沒什麼!
    Last edited by Adolecent; 2016-09-10 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    So basically as a non-raider you're a second-class subscriber. That's... interesting to see it confirmed.
    It always has been this way, back in BC/Wrath/Cata when legendarily were permitted in Rated pvp... that is just one of many example that PVE > PvP, and blizzard does not care that things like these makes PvP unbalanced. I saw plenty of "PvE" heros who never broke 2k in their life, after obtaining legendarily pushing Hero or Glad.

Raids and rated BGs were mentioned in the same sentence when he was talking about balance...

Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    Raids and rated BGs were mentioned in the same sentence when he was talking about balance...

You're afraid your hype-train will derail to soon? You might want to see this post in the full context of the current (W)PvP problems there are. Thats even much more then just balancing DMG output.
    Last edited by Adolecent; 2016-09-10 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    This is what Blizzard is trying to tell to all the complainers:

Class Balance
    • Raids and Mythic+ dungeons are the content people care about balance most for and they aren't available yet
    • Outside of balance tweaks, there are mechanical tweaks the team wants to make to improve gameplay. You won't see these via hotfixes, but should see them in Patch 7.1
    • Balance isn't perfect right now, the team is working on it, but there are lots of different variables

Artifact Power from PvP
    • The team is looking at Artifact Power gains and will make sure there aren't huge imbalances
    • The team started out conservatively with Artifact Power in PvP because it is easy to spam skirmishes
    • hen rated PvP starts again you will be able to earn more Artifact Power
    • PvP players should be able to level their Artifact through PvP

I'll warn you again: PvP is over. They gave full priority to PvE course of e-sports failure.
    I am glad I didn't buy Legion.

Ion is the PvE dev. He's long been a designer on raid bosses, and now just a lead designer on all things I assume but still mainly classes (hehe class fantasy) and pve/story. Holinka handles all the pvp tinkering through the stat template, so of course Ion isn't going to talk specifically about PvP balance. I'm sure he mispoke and simply meant that as far as PvE balance goes, nobody cares about world questing and regular dungeons, anyone can do those currently.

The real benchmarks are raids/mythic+ which is what they will balance raw numbers around. PvP balance is a separate issue handled directly through the stat template, not core ability tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    I'm sure he mispoke and simply meant that as far as PvE balance goes, nobody cares about world questing and regular dungeons, anyone can do those currently.

The real benchmarks are raids/mythic+ which is what they will balance raw numbers around. PvP balance is a separate issue handled directly through the stat template, not core ability tuning.
    pfff man l2read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Ion is the PvE dev. He's long been a designer on raid bosses, and now just a lead designer on all things I assume but still mainly classes (hehe class fantasy) and pve/story. Holinka handles all the pvp tinkering through the stat template, so of course Ion isn't going to talk specifically about PvP balance. I'm sure he mispoke and simply meant that as far as PvE balance goes, nobody cares about world questing and regular dungeons, anyone can do those currently.

This is exactly what he meant. The problem is there's some people who hate their life, hate the game, and hate everyone else, so they have to come here to troll and spread more hate just writing retarded garbage.

Due to how templats work they really dont have to talk about pvpers ever if they want to talk about balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I am glad I didn't buy Legion.
    Same here.