Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Yeah, otherwise we would of seen more HDMI freesync but couldnt see why the kit provided by the polaris GPUs couldn't support it, wouldnt that be something dealt with by the gpu package as I think only the polaris gpus can do freesync over hdmi on the desktop cards, not seen the other gpus report this.
    Any GCN 2(? or was it 3) can I think. FreeSync over HDMI was demonstrated well before Polaris was a thing on consumer market.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post

Theres no point the only thing this silly Pro system will allow you to do is download patchs for games to make them scale up slightly so still no true 4k. They dont even include a 4k dvd drive. The silly part is its a money grab with a bad processor AMD and bad video card with weak 8gb ram. Atleast they could of partnered with nvidia and got a 1060 in there..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Any GCN 2(? or was it 3) can I think. FreeSync over HDMI was demonstrated well before Polaris was a thing on consumer market.
    Ah, not seen those demos, then dunno then, this gpu part can run within the freesync range for the console anyways so be good to have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Theres no point the only thing this silly Pro system will allow you to do is download patchs for games to make them scale up slightly so still no true 4k. They dont even include a 4k dvd drive. The silly part is its a money grab with a bad processor AMD and bad video card with weak 8gb ram. Atleast they could of partnered with nvidia and got a 1060 in there..
    The RX 480 performs better then the Nvidia 1060 when it comes to DX12/vulcan games as console games are more optimised and use a more to the metal optimisation, the gpu used is good.

So on top of the lack of 4k drive, they arnt allowing mod support for bethesda games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    So on top of the lack of 4k drive, they arnt allowing mod support for bethesda games.
    What again does this have to do with the PS4 Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    That has nothing to do with this thread so stop trying to flame bait.

- - - Updated - - -

If you looked at what I posted above you would know the bolded isn't true There is a native 4k setting for The last of us remastered.

Also based on the videos I posted its a resolution between 1440p and 4k but upscaled to 4k for games like horizon zero dawn and it removes the shitty part of upscaling. The games still look amazing as hell on this system.

Also the GPU in the Ps4 Pro is better then a 1060..

Its best to inform yourself before commenting since its clear you don't know what your talking about.

Ontopic: One of my issues with this is they don't point out what benfits those with 1080p tv's will get. We know we will get better looking games but will performance be better as well as in 60fps.

Hell if they tell me all games will be 1080p/60fps on the Ps4 Pro ill buy one just because of that alone.

Edit: Deleted my edit its been debuked.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/9/1286...source=twitter

pdate: A representative for Sony told Polygon that the company "will not charge consumers for patches." We've asked Sony to clarify whether that applies only to games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, and will update when we hear back.

Jack Sipich, founder of developer Absinthe Games, said in a NeoGAF post that developers "are not allowed to charge you for patches or [PS4 Pro] feature updates
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-09 at 09:59 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    And what processor would they stick in there? A custom ISA Denver core (which are pretty garbage btw)? (it's not ARM btw, it can take ARM but it converts it to a custom ISA), and with to metal programming that means Nvidia has to either A. Disclose that ISA or B. Be inefficient, and I can tell you Nvidia doesn't want the former and Sony doesn't want the latter. And then changing processor also disallows backwards compatibility and changing GPU while keeping CPU also still disallows backwards compatibility. GPU ISA has been the same for GCN throughout the generation.

More brunt force is better for consoles due to little to no abstraction, which is why devs like Naughty Dog can do things that they do without being constrained by unknowns. That and in comparison Polaris performs better in DX12/Vulcan than GP106, which follows the same albeit not (more abstraction) concept.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya ill bet my left nut it costs more then the Ps4 Pro. They are saying (or said) native 4k gaming and doing 6.2 taraflops. On top of new ram,HD, Ultra Blu-Ray DVD player along with cooling and ya. It will not be under $500 even waiting a year more to release it.

The GPU power of this system is equal to a 1070 and that is a nearly $400 video card by itself. The XboxOne Scrop will not be near the ps4 pro's price and even more so in a year when good chance the ps4 pro will recieve a small price cut.

So ya based on the hardware we have and what they claim it will have I know it will cost more. They could save by going full digital with it but I dough that will happen. Hell ill be impressed if its $500.

If they add in a Elite XboxOne controller its at lease a $550 system.

If I am wrong in a year ill admit as much.
    I'm thinking it'll be close to a prebuilt PC but with a microsoft tag on it and not shit like half of the companies you buy prebuilt PC's from.

Back on topic though...

Greedy ass Sony back at it again shitting on the community, guess i'll just wait til closer to Christmas to pick up one of the older generations rather than this underpowered PoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    I'm thinking it'll be close to a prebuilt PC but with a microsoft tag on it and not shit like half of the companies you buy prebuilt PC's from.

Back on topic though...

Greedy ass Sony back at it again shitting on the community, guess i'll just wait til closer to Christmas to pick up one of the older generations rather than this underpowered PoS.
    Underpowered compared to what?

There isn't a $400 PC you could build to match the performance of the Ps4pro.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Underpowered compared to what?

There isn't a $400 PC you could build to match the performance of the Ps4pro.
    Oh really? It pretty much expects you to have a 4k TV, since that's THE only reason to have it. HELL, if I have enough money for that, why buy a PS4Pro when you can just build a PC with less of a chunk out of your wallet.

Oh really? It pretty much expects you to have a 4k TV, since that's THE only reason to have it. HELL, if I have enough money for that, why buy a PS4Pro when you can just build a PC with less of a chunk out of your wallet.
    You realize u can get a 4k TV for like $400 right?

Hell I beat that you can get one for $250
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-U...-x-2K/46867816

But lets say you don't get a 4k TV. There is still a Graphic/Performance Boost for 1080p as well. So once again build me a $400 PC that can match the performance of the Ps4Pro.

For giggles you could get a 1440p Monitor and see a Graphic/Performance boost there as well.

You know nothing Jon Stark...
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-10 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize u can get a 4k TV for like $400 right?

Hell I beat that you can get one for $250
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-U...-x-2K/46867816

But lets say you don't get a 4k TV. There is still a Graphic/Performance Boost for 1080p as well. So once again build me a $400 PC that can match the performance of the Ps4Pro.

For giggles you could get a 1440p Monitor and see a Graphic/Performance boost there as well.

You know nothing John Stark...
    Well then, it seems you've won this one only by luck young padawan. Honestly though, there's no point real point in having one unless you have a 4k TV because you're not utilizing the full potential of one unless you have the PS4pro. There isn't much of a difference you'll notice between the two on a 1080p scale.

Also, it's Jon not John. Get it fucking right

Well then, it seems you've won this one only by luck young padawan. Honestly though, there's no point real point in having one unless you have a 4k TV because you're not utilizing the full potential of one unless you have the PS4pro. There isn't much of a difference you'll notice between the two on a 1080p scale.

Also, it's Jon not John. Get it fucking right
    I did I fixed it with a edit just a moment ago

You are correct you won't Utilize the full potential unless you got a 4k tv. But if you was considering getting a Ps4 you should get this one over the OG or Slim models.

The Slim model makes zero sense. For $100 You get a more powerful system and 500gig more space (This is soo fucken needed). There will be a graphic/performance boost at 1080p but ya not as good looking as 4k.

Ill be getting one just to put my OG ps4 in the bedroom and have a bigger HD. The rest is a bonus for me and I may consider getting a 4k tv.

This is really good for those who ether A) Considering getting a ps4 B) Considering getting a 4k TV or C) Already own a 4k TV.

If you already got a ps4 and only a 1080p TV then ya there isn't much reason besides graphic/performance boost and the bigger HD. Those with there OG Ps4 can sell it and get this one cheaper as well so that's a option.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-10 at 04:42 AM.

Sony is making a calculated choice. They're having pricing parity with the current PS4 system, while increasing the specs by what sounds like a decent amount. Now some people are going to be mad and feel burned or like they "have" to buy the new system. But in reality, this merely allows them to provide a nicer incentive to new potential consumers, and who are we kidding ... try to entice people into buying a 4K TV in the shorter term even if they don't buy it right away.

Meanwhile MS sounds to be dramatically increasing the price to "original PS3 levels" or beyond, and that seems like a hard sell at this point IMHO. It literally pushes it up into solid gaming PC upgrade pricing, but then why not just buy the PC? My only guess is maybe they think they can use it as a stepping stone to get console gamers addicted to modern graphics and ween them onto PC hardware/Windows 10 going forward. Seems like a long shot though.

honestly, what makes "no mods" announcement relevant is the statement from Sony chair that they built PS Pro in order to encourage people to stay with Ps4 instead of switching to pc. except.. mod support is one of the primary reasons to play on PC (along with keyboard and mouse controls) which shows how misguided his statements are.

in any case, while getting a better PC WILL cost me more than a new ps4... its what I plan on doing rather then upgrading to pro because

1. no 4k TV or plans to get one
    2. original model works just fine and one should hope they didn't lie about the whole "all new games will still work on old model" deal
    3. no plans on getting VR (though it also supposed to work with original model, the point is moot anyways, as I don't have free space required for it to work)
    4. no mod support, so I'd rather continue getting non exclusives for PC.
    5. ps plus costs going up. I already wasn't a fan of having to have ps plus in order to acess multiplayer on majority of games. cost going up annoyed me enough to give up on any idea of possible switching to console with few of the multiplayer games I play, and upgrade my PC instead.

Yeah, my thoughts are that the plan with this is to extend the PSN platform/value via regular hardware refreshes every 2-3 years at a similar pricepoint. Then just have a sliding scale of graphical improvements depending on what variant you have. Yeah, it complicates things for developers, but Sony wants to basically be like how PC gaming works except keeping you locked into the PSN network. You would then just choose whenever you felt was a good time for you to upgrade the system, be it every refresh or every 2nd or 3rd, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    honestly, what makes "no mods" announcement relevant is the statement from Sony chair that they built PS Pro in order to encourage people to stay with Ps4 instead of switching to pc.
    That's not what was said at all. What was said, was the performance of high end PC gaming inspired it. Not to keep players from switching, but to bring somewhat of that quality to their player base. Pretty sure the playstation brand is feeling 0 threat from PC gaming as a whole(The PS4 is out pacing the PS3 sales by a metric fuck ton), that seems to be eating more into the Xbox marketspace(and hence MS adopting PC gaming as their own again).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's not what was said at all. What was said, was the performance of high end PC gaming inspired it. Not to keep players from switching, but to bring somewhat of that quality to their player base. Pretty sure the playstation brand is feeling 0 threat from PC gaming as a whole(The PS4 is out pacing the PS3 sales by a metric fuck ton), that seems to be eating more into the Xbox marketspace(and hence MS adopting PC gaming as their own again).
    http://www.pcgamer.com/sony-says-the...e-the-ps4-pro/

I saw some data that really influenced me,” House said. “It suggested that there’s a dip mid-console life cycle where the players who want the very best graphical experience will start to migrate to PC, because that’s obviously where it’s to be had. We wanted to keep those people within our ecosystem by giving them the very best and very highest [performance quality]. So the net result of those thoughts was PlayStation 4 Pro—and, by and large, a graphical approach to game improvement.
    this is a direct quote. I even bolded and underlined the "we wanted to keep this players from migrating" part

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/sony-says-the...e-the-ps4-pro/

this is a direct quote. I even bolded and underlined the "we wanted to keep this players from migrating" part
    Yes, they want to keep graphical enthusiasts from migrating by giving them a higher end option. Where again does it say they're threatened by PC gaming, or modding?

Again, PS4 sales >>>>>>>>>>> PS3 sales. They sure are seeing a decline due to PC gaming and mods

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes, they want to keep graphical enthusiasts from migrating by giving them a higher end option. Where again does it say they're threatened by PC gaming, or modding?

Again, PS4 sales >>>>>>>>>>> PS3 sales. They sure are seeing a decline due to PC gaming and mods
    they are threatened by people migrating to PC gaming. and they think its because PC allows for better graphics. its the whole point that they are not even realizing that people migrate to PC gaming for more reasons than graphics, mods being one of those reason. which is the point I was trying to make. that they are trying to keep people from going to PC and don't even understand WHY people are moving on to PC, which is demonstrated not only by their believe that they don't need a 4k blue ray player, but also by their restriction of mods AFTER PROMISING THAT THEY WOULD BE SUPPORTED.

PS4 is selling better than PS3 because its more affordable, while having most of the exclusives from both ps3 and ps4 era. exclusives is why PS4 is selling, btw - Sony exclusives are top notch. its why those exclusives will never EVER become available on any other platform with exception of their playstation now service (that can be played on pc.. oh hey, there is their other attempt to reach pc gamers and convert them to playstation)

Sony have made some very thoughtful choices across their existence, but PS pro? is sounding more like ps3 than one of those good decisions.