Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I do dislike that our tank healing basically boils down to Riptide > HS/HS > Riptide > HS/HS when they are taking a lot of damage.
    I'd hope it's because you all need the crit chance seeing as healing wave does the same healing, same cast time with riptide and less mana..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    I'd hope it's because you all need the crit chance seeing as healing wave does the same healing, same cast time with riptide and less mana..
    If they are below 30/40% then yes...I want the crit chance to help as much as possible. If they are above that I feel more comfortable with just using HW.

Deleted
    I love my shamy,

I main enhc since bc... allways loved it, fantastic to quest:

good mobility :sprint, ghostwolf, water walking, double hearstone, and now with a jump...

good survability, astral shift + 450k crit intant heal (crit a lot)

very decent dps with golden trait... aoe very good as well...

insaine burst while you use all you cd ... blood lust...

very good in 5 man (don't know raid yet...)

and of course you can spe resto...

anyway I love shamy will not change it for anything (maybe druid, or dk, or dh, or war or maybe demo, probably hunt...

yet I still main shamy, and now I have the "doomhammer"...

I'm happy, I still miss my fire and earth elem... as enhc but now my wolf are super charged and totaly brutal...

I'm surprise no one mentioned "Stormlash" as great for grouping... in a 5man they love it...

don't have any prob to group... to do any content (i don't do arena) always in the top dps...

what is not to like?

Yes I love my shamy....

Deleted

Elemental shamans

I absolutley love the elemental shaman and are sad to see all the hate towards it.
    Yes it has its flaws but most of you have to be doing something wrong when it comes to the elemental shaman.
    I am currently 841 ilvl and top dps 8/10 boss fights in mythic ( not taking in last boss in maw, where I cant see casters really beeing good at )
    Sure its a "burn" phase kinda class but if you just learn the encounters and know when to burn you will benefit from it AF.
    And you can pull out such huge amount of dmg that some ask if the dmg meters are broke.
    All classes and specs have there benefits and doubts and ofc the elemental shaman has some of the worst, but if you just learn the specc and the encounters I see no problem having an elemental shaman in the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    they can enhance their gear

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Ele burst in 5 man bosses is phenomenal, i have yet to see any class with same ilvl beat ele burst. If your whole group is competitive with good opening burst you can kill mythic 1 bosses in seconds at 830-840 gear even before you fire elemental dies, but yeah trash dps is shit just like any other caster (except maybe fire mage)
    even vs fire mages? as fire nothing has ever out-bursted me, but i've not played with an ele shaman in group

Legion has done amazing for content, replayability and really just revitalizing the game. But yes, sad to say, the one area it is falling rather flat in right now is balance — and in some places common sense balance. Look at Mages, who've done pretty fucking well this expansion make no mistake, but there is something absolutely egregious in their design right now that anyone could see: Rune of Power. Now I've vented on the Mage forum about it being back, and after testing it, I will say it's not as god awful as it use to be but balance-wise it's incredibly poorly thought out.
    50% Damage increase. 2 10-second charges on a 40 second cd. So that talent choice is a pretty flat 25% damage boost since it's 50% damage with 50% uptime. Worst it would drop down to if you're playing decently is about 20%.

So yeah, their current balance is lacking... and it's not exactly the worst thing tbh. No Mythic Keystones, no Raids, no real competitive scene right now. So they're now able to test on a much grander scale than the beta for balance issues and as they've pointed out before, with Artifacts tweaking individual specs is much easier for them to do and can be done in more rapid iterations.

So that's my counsel on the subject: patience. Blizzard is definitely showing real effort to make this expansion the best it can be but given a game this side tweaking these things takes time.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    even vs fire mages? as fire nothing has ever out-bursted me, but i've not played with an ele shaman in group
    Yes I ran all 8 mythics with a mage last week. My burst is 10 sec longer and can do like 30% more him after im done. And i dont think this person is bad on his mage, he always maintained a 95-98 best avg perf rating on warcraftlogs on his paladin and mage in wod.

Deleted
    Resto: One of the best healing toolkits of all healers
    Enh: Wannabe Rogue spec with too many buttons but still surprisingly boring
    Ele: Waste of time, 3/4button dire spec that brings nothing over any other ranged DPS (not even burst as mage has that).

While I enjoy enhancement, it is really weak compared to any of the other melee except retadins. And that is cause it has far to much reliance on Tempest procs. When Tempest procs a lot, your damage will be really good, usually onpar or better than them sometimes for a bit otherwise you are just sitting there waiting and hoping.

I have ilevel 843(Never lucky in mythics ), am basically revered with every faction but wardens already and now I am disappointed that I am wasting my small guilds time by not being a high DPS class... But it is far to late to reroll and well I really like enhancement.

I have no clue about pvp, so all of this is based on current 5 mans and beta raiding.
    Resto is one of the few mandatory healers in raids, they are simply stronger than the rest if the raid ain't spread out too far. Both with raw healing, 10+10% health increase and various cooldowns.

Enhancement have one of the strongest single target burst, cleave and one of the better classes at swapping targets with no dps loss/build up time. They will out perform DH's in most cases.

Elemenal, well if you play one in a somewhat decent guild, chances are that you've been asked to reroll. It's barely a spec atm. glhf

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    I have no clue about pvp, so all of this is based on current 5 mans and beta raiding.
    Resto is one of the few mandatory healers in raids, they are simply stronger than the rest if the raid ain't spread out too far. Both with raw healing, 10+10% health increase and various cooldowns.

Enhancement have one of the strongest single target burst, cleave and one of the better classes at swapping targets with no dps loss/build up time. They will out perform DH's in most cases.

Elemenal, well if you play one in a somewhat decent guild, chances are that you've been asked to reroll. It's barely a spec atm. glhf
    Sorry, but enhancement does not out perform DH at all. Or in any shape or form.

Enhancement -can- have good single target burst. Enhancement has really bad AoE and cleave. I have turned to adds and 2 shot them with double stormstrike procs before. This is no different than the DH turning to the add and 2 shotting it as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I'm leveling my Shaman alt and I'm reading horror stories every where:

-Ele DPS is low in PvE
    -has no place in World of Meleecraft PvP
    -Enh DPS seems OK but can't compete with DH's and Rogues
    -has poor survival in PvP, relying too much on maelstrom and weak self heals
    -Resto Shaman........ good lord, seems like one trick pony, designed entirely on stacked raids
    -has a shit artifact tree that is terrible for PvP. How the fuck do we weave our Artifact spell into PvP?

I'm at a loss. I'm really flexible with the specs on Shaman because they ALWAYS get fucked badly with two specs but usually there's at least one that excels in PvP or PvE.

I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck that is.....
    Thank God I didn't main Shaman this expac, sheesh!
    Thank god its finally an xpack where melee matters after so many xpacks of it just being world of castercraft Blizzard actually making a change like that in pvp is refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enh is strong, and one of the upper contenders for melee spots in Mythic progression.

Ele has the problems we all knew about before, it's perfectly fine DPS-wise but you won't compete with mages/shadows/hunters. The same problem is facing balance and locks atm though, and they'll probably throw in a round of class hotfixes next ID before raids.

Resto is just as expected, very very strong and versatile. It's my offspec of choice atm over Ele.

In short, Shamans in general have very little to complain about in terms of relative strength this expansion so far, with the possible exception of Ele.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    Thank god its finally an xpack where melee matters after so many xpacks of it just being world of castercraft Blizzard actually making a change like that in pvp is refreshing.
    Your kidding right? Please tell me that is a joke? I have played since Classic and tbh it has NEVER been caster craft. Melee has always mattered so much so that warrior and rouges are a staple in my guild since for like ever, not even counting the feral druids and the DK's. Granted no real monks but that will change when the one guy hits 110. The only reason we have casters in my guild is because mechanics sometimes dictate the need for a ranged over a Melee which often the case we dont care about.

Simple fact now tho: We have 3 mages and me on a Ele shaman, a resto shaman, a holy Priest and a resto druid and a Huntard. In WOD one of the mages was a lock and he changed since the DPS they do is even worse than shaman. So my BL/Hero is pretty much useless Sad Panda

Well you CAN reroll, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Enhancement might be okay'ish, but i'm totally fucked up by how op some other melees are. Me (839 enhancer) got outdpsed on pretty much everything by a 830 monk
    Maybe the Monk was a better player than you? I love how anytime someone "loses" on DPS it's automatically because the spec is bad and not because they don't have any room for improvement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatexon View Post
    Sorry, but enhancement does not out perform DH at all. Or in any shape or form.

Enhancement -can- have good single target burst. Enhancement has really bad AoE and cleave. I have turned to adds and 2 shot them with double stormstrike procs before. This is no different than the DH turning to the add and 2 shotting it as well.
    I'm sorry too, but so far , No class has been able to top a well placed ''all cd burst'' of mine... None.

and like so many told you, enh don't have ramp up, they can switch target very fast... they have insane health regen
    and they boost others Dps, all those top dps where ''up'' because of you

The only f.... up is people reading you post taking it at face value, and deciding not to includ enh shaman in any comp,
    but maybe that Your game....

The enh shaman is vey well, thank you very much, nerf the rest but let us be.

Ps you have to take into account the ''Dps meter bug'', if you hit first, you will be first. (it's an exagerated statement)

if you look at log it is a lot more accurate.
    Last edited by mmoc67b1fc9c4d; 2016-09-13 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And "all cd burst" only lasts about 15 seconds, and MIGHT put you ahead. For half a mythic boss, if your other DPS are piss poor.

Shaman sustain is garbage after the burst dies. If you can outperform even a mediocre havoc DH in even a slight minority of cases, you're a godly shaman, or that mediocre DH isn't even mediocre at best.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, Windwalkers are in a pretty good place right now with combo strikes. It's straight up damage increase on all your abilities when used right.
    my "all cd bust" is up every 2min... and it WILL put mme ahead, and with a BL sky is the limite...

and my sustain dps is not shaby either,

ilvl 840 without fancy trinket, 18 artifact trait without any Cd... I average 200k on 5mm dungeon dummy.
    I repeat 'no cd' only core ability.

do you play enh shamy ? do you play it well ?

do you want some help with macro, some advice on how too advance your artifact? your talent preaps?

let compare log, then we can talk... (so we can help you rectify the obvious mistake you have made)

I say that not to take the piss at you, but if at same ilvl and artifact level, you are not competitive with other class...

you see, maybe those pesky ''godlike'' dh and monk of yours. Had more artifact than you...

that can be a very stong factor...

and too be fair, not easy to find out. exept with guildy of friend...

Otherwise I'm dumb struck. I can't imagine why you feel under...

It's one of the strongest spec at the moment. (not the strongest mind you...)

and dps is not everything... but we are very good at it..
    Last edited by mmoc67b1fc9c4d; 2016-09-13 at 01:02 AM.

When the Storm proccs you only see the other bars getting smaller... it's fun to play Enhancer.