Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    Sims shouldn't be used to stack-rank DPS. Wait for World of Logs data. Sims are for generating stat weights and testing changes in gear or talents. They're only as dependable as the APL script written to mimic combat. APLs between specs aren't created equal.
    Ele won't be better in the data generated by World of Logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aghito View Post
    FS don't need maelstrom to be refresh for now. You could use the spell without. It's just better to refresh it with maelstrom.
    The real problem is damage of LB and LVB, they need to have somethink lile 5% buff. Our multi target need to be less RNG with an hightest procrate of static overload but CL overload deal a little bit less.
    I understand that. But I'm talking about it not costing any maelstrom to refresh it so we could use it while moving and also the 20 used to refresh can help us with generation. So as long as we don't let it drop off it would only cost the initial hit of maelstrom.

Oh, the Noxxic simulations are out as well:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/

Elemental is pretty bad. Surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ele won't be better in the data generated by World of Logs.
    It was really solid in the raid testing, look it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It never ceases to amaze me how many shaman will defend the poor performance of their class. If any other class was simming this poorly they'd be out for blood.

Anyone playing elemental in mythic dungeons knows of its struggle and how borderline non-viable its shaping up to be for the greater challenges ahead.Quibbles over the profile are just that. It is worth emphasising that we're simming at 90-100k which goes somewhat beyond the scope of what shoulder enchants can offer.

Also worth noting that a patchwerk style sim should in fact be an advantage to ele over other specs considering the problems we have with both movement and multi-target.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    lol, noxxic
    It's not only Noxxic that's simulating pretty bad results for Ele Shamans.

I wouldn't be this exhausted when we wouldn't have this same phases over and over again - it's 1:1 like WoD. And still people are in denial. There is seriously something "broken" with Shamans. The damage coefficients for LB have been awful in WoD and they're awful in Legion - I don't know why Blizzard doesn't change anything about that. Our artifact skill is sh*t. My 40 seconds Windwalker skill can oneshot a group of mobs while the 1min artifact skill of Ele Shamans is bound to a short duration and a disappointing overall effect. The same with Moon (Balance) vs. Stormkeeper - our ability is just lacking everything. Damage too low, CD too high, needs a global CD, effect weak.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-09 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    The elemental is using lightning rod in full crit gear.
    I was under the impression that crit was elemental's best stat atm.

It's not only Noxxic that's simulating pretty bad results for Ele Shamans.

I wouldn't be this exhausted when we wouldn't have this same phases over and over again - it's 1:1 like WoD. And still people are in denial. There is seriously something "broken" with Shamans.
    Noxxic has zero credibility. Linking to that site is pointless.

I've yet to see a single sim ranking using up-to-date, optimized profiles. Sim rankings using months old profiles are useless.

Noxxic has zero credibility. Linking to that site is pointless.
    As I said, Noxxic is just one of a few sources. We need to see what Blizzard will do before the raids open, pretty sure one balance patch is coming but I don't know what they could possibly change. 20% more damage for LB would be "nice" but wouldn't solve the issues with Stormkeeper at all.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-09 at 10:38 PM.

As I said, Noxxic is just one of a few sources. We need to see what Blizzard will do before the raids open, pretty sure one balance patch is coming but I don't know what they could possibly change. 20% more damage for LB would be "nice" but wouldn't solve the issues with Stormkeeper at all.
    If they don't fix the horrendous AOE, in this expansion that pushes 5 man's more than any other content, this spec is pretty much done and dead.

You haven't linked any other source. To my knowledge, there's currently no sim ranking with accurate profiles. On top of that we have beta logs showing the spec is doing just fine.

You haven't linked any other source. To my knowledge, there's currently no sim ranking with accurate profiles. On top of that we have beta logs showing the spec is doing just fine.
    Then I'd like to see some of those said logs, after the last set of nerfs, mind you.

Whenever I find myself in a group with one of the the stronger specs - or multiple of them, I find myself left dead in the water. Outside of really positive AoE RNG, they can do the same amount of AoE in 10 seconds than I can accomplish in about a minute.

The entire spec is just riddled with RNG, the damage difference between a Lightning Bolt at my gear level is roughly between 40k and 400k, as such, when you crit have an absolute massive effect on your short to mid-length DPS. Lightning Rod provides solid DPS for both single target and cleave, but once again suffers from the same shitty RNG mechanic. Sometimes you'll be lucky and be able to maintain 2-3 during thrash, while other times you don't even get any at all. Same thing for single target. 2 out of 3 golden traits are RNG, our mastery is RNG, Lava Surge is RNG, and our spell coefficients are too low to warrant such a long cast time.

So let me see - I am doing 5-mans and feel weak on AoE, movement fights, cleave fights, moderately movement fights and basically anything but short burst patchwerk scenarios and somehow I should trade the first hand experience with beta logs you are preaching about?

I would like to hear explanation from you - how do you imagine all those shortcomings will be magically erased once we enter 10 or 25 man raids? What exactly would happen so we will not kiss the bottom of DPS?

the artifact ability should work on Lavaburst (turning it into a Stormburst/Lightning burst). It just makes sense really and will make the spec feels a whole lot better and not as clunky as it is now.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    the artifact ability should work on Lavaburst (turning it into a Stormburst/Lightning burst). It just makes sense really and will make the spec feels a whole lot better and not as clunky as it is now.
    It should also have a 100% on activating our Mastery and the damage should be higher than 300% on LB.

And the talk about the short duration... Moonkin's empowerements last 30 seconds (while empowering only 1+1 spells) and Stormkeeper empowers 3 spells and lasts 15 seconds - logic?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-10 at 04:32 PM.

Whoever is doing these is actually retarded. Suboptimal to near useless stacking on a lot of the classes with boomkin being the big offender.

Stat outweighs almost even intellect and we have so little in that sim.

Take anything in this sim with a dumpster of salt

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk