Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just letting you guys know

It is possible to play both BM and MM, there are people out there that plan on doing both raids and mythic+.

Wasn't sure you knew that considering so many MM players are totally crapping on BM and anyone who dares to play BM on this forum right now.

It would be nice to see BM threads on this forum that don't have posts like this

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    either way doesnt make much sense, MM is already the far superior spec, why would they nerf BM

the general consensus is BM for mythics+, MM for raids. i'm currently loving MM for heroics/mythics lol

time will tell once mythics+/raids come around
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter; if (in a hypothetical situation) BM was the clearly superior spec numbers-wise, there is a certain sort of person who would still crap on it.

The reason? Bigotry against it going way back into vanilla days. It has always been seen as the spec played by noobs and housewives who want to collect their little animals. That's it. That's really all there is to it. It doesn't matter how the spec plays, its abilities over the years, its numbers... the sort of person we're talking about will never ever view it as anything more as the lollipop spec. Also to them, Marksmanship is the SERIOUS raiding spec no matter how much it might suck in any given patch.

Hunters. They are really freaking funny people, especially the ones who try to be all snobby about a class that is easy to play no matter what spec you choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bigotry against it going way back into vanilla days
    During classic the comments were more like "nice farm specc". It really started during BC when BM was one of the top dps raiding speccs while all we had to do was spamming the one infamous macro - pref. binded to the mouswheel. Unlike other classes ( exept Warlocks ) the only other things we had to manage were movement, Beastial Wrath and Drums.

Also to them, Marksmanship is the SERIOUS raiding spec no matter how much it might suck in any given patch.
    A lot of players who think of themselfes they played during vanilla and not just quested for the entirety of the Game also think that MM was THE Hunter Raiding specc, while most of the top Hunters played hybrid. 30 points Survival for lightning reflexes ( + 15% agi ), and the rest in MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Also to them, Marksmanship is the SERIOUS raiding spec no matter how much it might suck in any given patch.
    SoO mythic was mostly BM. Nobody was playing MM in Highmaul. It was SV and maybe BM, sorta switched in BRF. MM didnt really shine until Hellfire.

Hunters. They are really freaking funny people, especially the ones who try to be all snobby about a class that is easy to play no matter what spec you choose.
    All classes are easy to play.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bm has been the raiding spec for a few tiers. Most raid hunters play whatever is best. Hell, I don't want to play melee but if tomorrow survival was the Hunter spec to play in raids, you're damn right I would switch.

People are crapping on BM because it's just extremely boring to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    SoO mythic was mostly BM. Nobody was playing MM in Highmaul. It was SV and maybe BM, sorta switched in BRF. MM didnt really shine until Hellfire.
    Eh, I'm going back way farther than that. During Wrath, I liked to kick back with BM during heroics (not raiding -- I played MM in raids like a good little team player) because it really is my preferred spec and by the time of ICC, which is when I started playing, those dungeons were trivial enough for it not to matter at all. Man, the stupid comments I'd get before the run even started... I mean, wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    People are crapping on BM because it's just extremely boring to play.
    People crapped on BM long before it was boring to play. People always crap on BM. I remember a particular dungeon in Cata where I was doing twice as much damage as the other two dps combined and they still mocked me for playing BM. It was literally the worst spec in the game for most of Wrath (as frost, sub, and arms all were viable in pvp, even if they were shit in pve) and a lot people seem to think nothing has changed ever since then. Either that or they think it's still the one-buttong scroll wheel macro from BC. It was one of the best designed specs in MoP and WoD with nice synergy between the pet and hunter, stats that worked together, etc, and people still crapped on it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    People crapped on BM long before it was boring to play. People always crap on BM. I remember a particular dungeon in Cata where I was doing twice as much damage as the other two dps combined and they still mocked me for playing BM. It was literally the worst spec in the game for most of Wrath (as frost, sub, and arms all were viable in pvp, even if they were shit in pve) and a lot people seem to think nothing has changed ever since then. Either that or they think it's still the one-buttong scroll wheel macro from BC. It was one of the best designed specs in MoP and WoD with nice synergy between the pet and hunter, stats that worked together, etc, and people still crapped on it.
    i didn't like the RNG on frenzy stack honestly.

Deleted
    I don't think it's possible to play BM&MM. This thread is another illuminati plot.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am loving BM in PVP though haha. Basically one shotting everyone in open world pvp.. "one shotting be a loose term for defeating someone in 5 seconds"
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    During classic the comments were more like "nice farm specc". It really started during BC when BM was one of the top dps raiding speccs while all we had to do was spamming the one infamous macro - pref. binded to the mouswheel. Unlike other classes ( exept Warlocks ) the only other things we had to manage were movement, Beastial Wrath and Drums.

A lot of players who think of themselfes they played during vanilla and not just quested for the entirety of the Game also think that MM was THE Hunter Raiding specc, while most of the top Hunters played hybrid. 30 points Survival for lightning reflexes ( + 15% agi ), and the rest in MM.
    trueshot aura was more raid DPS than lightning reflexes

just fyi

10+ Year Old Account
    while most of the top Hunters played hybrid
    not everyone, but you are right

Even raids who did naxx 40 didnt stack the hunters in one group most of the time, so one Trueshot Buffbot and 2 to 3 Hybrids werent really common in these days. Also most of the guys who also pvp'ed didnt want to respecc almost every day, so hybrids were a lot more common then deep MM. I for example played BM since mid AQ 40 when i managed the Bug group at the twins and the additional stun was really good at that encounter. I fell in love with the specc and convinced my Raidlead to let me stay BM, and i did really well with it. We cleared Naxx 40 before patch 2.0, so i would say goal achieved.

*putsherpinkshadesonandwaves*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post

All classes are easy to play.
    MM was extremely strong in Highmaul, I think I played MM on every fight bar tectus

Deleted
    I will always stay as Surv. Hunter for PvE.
    It's funnier to play than BM and MM, so I'm hoping that Surv. will get a small buff soon!
    Last edited by mmoca94ec5629b; 2016-09-11 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    I am loving BM in PVP though haha. Basically one shotting everyone in open world pvp.. "one shotting be a loose term for defeating someone in 5 seconds"
    I always grin when I imagine what it looks like for another player to engage me and suddenly have a giant corehound, lightning wolf, dire beast and a bunch of crows in their face. I generally try to be nice when im leveling or doing world quests but if you start it ill finish it.

Unless there ends up being a massive gap between BM and MM ill probably stay BM for the most part. Im not in a srs bzns raiding guild so it probably wont matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanez View Post
    MM was extremely strong in Highmaul, I think I played MM on every fight bar tectus
    SV was the top spec in highmaul, multistrike was OP as hell.

BM is literally snoozefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Bigotry against it going way back into vanilla days.
    This was because at first, damage meters didn't join hunter and damage pet together (a little late they added the possibility, but it was not default) so BM hunter were always at the bottom (30-40% damage was coming from the pet) and as MM/SV pet damage was around 15-20% the numbers were pretty different. (this was before 1.7 that was the hunter patch)

Also since skills were not normalized MM skills usually made big numbers (aimed shot with BWL xbow was an orgasm for those people)

After 1.7 numbers were a little better.

I had to educate a lot of guild members trough vanilla and BC (before the 1 button macro) to show them BM was as valid as MM and SV to raid.