Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ha, knew we would get shafted again. Thousands of threads stating what's wrong with locks and many with suggestions on how to fix it, and that f***tard Ion says he can't find anything helpful. Yeah right f*** off. Bet if it was one of the more popular classes like mages and hunters they would definitely give some s*** about what people say.
    Hyperbole will destroy the world !

It's a reason. Right.
    The fact that I find Ion comparing it to a second crit, after the removal of multistrike hilarious is hardly pushing an agenda or building a narrative, with how often I post here, but whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Hyperbole will destroy the world !
    As would servility

If you actually watched and paid attention to what he said, he acknowledged that ramp up time for classes that require a long ramp up time can be an issue and they will continue to watch it but are cautious about changing things before raiding is released. He also mentioned, specifically for Demonology, some possible ways they could address the issue of ramp up times by changing how long the demons could stay out etc...

After he acknowledged that he said it's very difficult to find useful, actionable information when it's otherwise buried in a thread full of people simply saying "petition to change," "signed," "#fixlocks," and other such bullshit that provides very few (if any) specific details on what you find wrong, why you don't like it or situations where you feel inadequate.

I can understand people being disappointed with how the Q&A went, because it didn't give very much information, (but they DID acknowledged they're aware of a problem at least) but don't blow what he said out of proportion.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad day for locks when "Lead Game Designer" doesn't have any idea about the game. Clearly he hasn't played the game in ages. As clearly stated by my fellow locks poor artifact and class design. Though i don't think anything will change cause locks are the minorty.

Regarding their suggestion that Demo would benefit from demons being out longer, maybe lengthen durations and turn empowerment into a 2 or 3 shard spender? There's decisions to be made there on whether you summon more or empower what you have. Could be interesting.

Deleted
    Get off the MoP/WoD "dump as many CB as you can with GoSAc" train and focus more on Immolate and your pet and you'll begin pulling decent numbers. CB is the icing on the cake of Immolate. Go GoSac, sac Imp for trash, keep Imp out for bosses.
    Voila suddenly you're more than competetive.
    Yes, ramp up is an "issue" but it really isn't. The generation of MoP CB spammers whining everything to the ground has done more damage to Lock reputation than actual numbers.

I cba the other two specs, whine how much you want but Destro is actually fine.

"Destro is fine"

Destro is average as long as you never have to move.

If you could label which bosses you never have to move on, I'd appreciate it.

I'll be waiting.

You talk about people getting out of the MoP/WoD mindset. Do you realize why people are in that mindset? Because they changed the entire spec around Chaos Bolt after Cataclysm. And then proceeded to nerf it every single time they balanced in MoP/WoD. Now we should be focusing on Immolation and pet management?

That's the fantasy for Destruction? The spec with the function of its fucking fantasy in its name? A dot and a pet? What a fucking joke.

Just give us back Cataclysm Destruction. I have no idea why they thought the idea of Conflag being a bursty spell was so anethema to Destruction. When its literally a fire explosion. Which sounds much more "Destruction" than watching something tick away with fire damage while your imp shits out firebolts at it.

Piss right off with your bullcrap dismissal of problems as "hurp oh its just dem panda whiners!"

Also I don't even like Demo (Before or after Legion) but its pretty fucking sad that apparently their spec fantasy is just summoning a bunch of weak imps. Everyone knows the sign of a powerful summoning Warlock in the game is one who just summons the weakest demon over and over again.

It should have been some mechanic where you build up a resource to summon a very powerful demon, like a Pit Lord or a Dreadlord, for a short period of time. Like Chaos Bolt mixed with Void Form. Two separate playstyles that alternate when you your bigfuckingdemon is out. Even the Observer (or whatever other name they gave it) as the 100 talent is pretty underwhelming in terms of Demonic power.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-09-10 at 02:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "Destro is fine"

Destro is average as long as you never have to move.

If you could label which bosses you never have to move on, I'd appreciate it.

I'll be waiting.

You talk about people getting out of the MoP/WoD mindset. Do you realize why people are in that mindset? Because they changed the entire spec around Chaos Bolt after Cataclysm. And then proceeded to nerf it every single time they balanced in MoP/WoD. Now we should be focusing on Immolation and pet management?

That's the fantasy for Destruction? The spec with the function of its fucking fantasy in its name? A dot and a pet? What a fucking joke.

Just give us back Cataclysm Destruction. I have no idea why they thought the idea of Conflag being a bursty spell was so anethema to Destruction. When its literally a fire explosion. Which sounds much more "Destruction" than watching something tick away with fire damage while your imp shits out firebolts at it.

Piss right off with your bullcrap dismissal of problems as "hurp oh its just dem panda whiners!"

Also I don't even like Demo (Before or after Legion) but its pretty fucking sad that apparently their spec fantasy is just summoning a bunch of weak imps. Everyone knows the sign of a powerful summoning Warlock in the game is one who just summons the weakest demon over and over again.

It should have been some mechanic where you build up a resource to summon a very powerful demon, like a Pit Lord or a Dreadlord, for a short period of time. Like Chaos Bolt mixed with Void Form. Two separate playstyles that alternate when you your bigfuckingdemon is out. Even the Observer (or whatever other name they gave it) as the 100 talent is pretty underwhelming in terms of Demonic power.
    Looks like I could find good feedback and didn't have to look around much.

Just wish one requirement to be a dev on the wow team was to play the game...

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ha, knew we would get shafted again. Thousands of threads stating what's wrong with locks and many with suggestions on how to fix it, and Ion says he can't find anything helpful. Yeah right f*** off. Bet if it was one of the more popular classes like mages and hunters they would definitely give some s*** about what people say.
    Somebody missed something

Not to deflate yours and so many others' murderous rage boners. By all means, continue. It helps a lot.

-------------------------------

1000% honest, if hundreds or thousands of people were yelling at me and calling me a brainless fucktard or whatever, I'd ignore the whiny little shits until they calmed down and approached me like adults regardless of the validity of their points. Ion is a better man than I am. I know reasonable feedback was given throughout alphabeta, and I don't know why they ignored it, but I don't think it excuses all the people out for dev blood acting like their firstborn was taken away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCookieGod View Post
    Somebody missed something

Not to deflate yours and so many others' murderous rage boners. By all means, continue. It helps a lot.

-------------------------------

1000% honest, if hundreds or thousands of people were yelling at me and calling me a brainless fucktard or whatever, I'd ignore the whiny little shits until they calmed down and approached me like adults regardless of the validity of their points. Ion is a better man than I am. I know reasonable feedback was given throughout alphabeta, and I don't know why they ignored it, but I don't think it excuses all the people out for dev blood acting like their firstborn was taken away from them.
    People were giving your messiah and "better than i am" idol Ion all kinds of feedback during alpha/ beta and pray look at how the class is turning out right now? People weren't raging at the devs right at the start you know? The latter had all the time in the world to identify issues and improve stuff but did not. And you are blaming people for being frustrated at being ignored and given the middle finger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Laughable Ion claimed not being able to find any feedback or useful suggestions.... Just. WOW. Then again, not entirely surprising seeing as how they've done f*** all for Warlocks the entirety of the Beta. Guess those 3 50+ page threads for each spec just didn't exist. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Laughable Ion claimed not being able to find any feedback or useful suggestions....
    Did you even watch the video? He didn't say there wasn't any, he said it was extra work sorting out the useful feedback from the random noise of QQ and /signed spam. With the unspoken implication that if you don't have something useful to say it's better for your class to say nothing and let the useful feedback stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Wait, wut, ppl actually want that clunky as F*** spec iteration back, where you had to juggle that improved soulfire debuf and hope that your imp procced enough for free soulfires? First time i hear this one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargai View Post

Yes, ramp up is an "issue" but it really isn't. The generation of MoP CB spammers whining everything to the ground has done more damage to Lock reputation than actual numbers.

I cba the other two specs, whine how much you want but Destro is actually fine.
    Well, I'm glad you cba about everyone who plays or wants to play something other than a failed fire mage.

And by "fine" you mean "destro is average under ideal conditions"

The only situation where destro really shine sis where you can abuse Havoc and cleave, which means you shine in a niche. We're back to the old problem that if you're trying to PUG you're pidgeonholed into a spec you might not even like, where you have to work comparatively hard to be average, whilst there are three button wonder classes right alongside you in the queue, guess which one a PUG group will take for a fast Mythic run? Hint: them, not you.

And you pointed out part of the problem:the warlock talent system. Taking GoSac means you sacrifice single target to some extent, and this again is not an obstacle for the wonder classes. They just have one build that's is a good-all-rounder, whilst locks have these hideous binary choices and given that most boss fight shave elements of most things, the all-rounder always wins,and is always more desirable.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, getting back to the Q&A...I was actually reasonably satisfied.

The problem was acknowledged (I'd have seriously considered unsubbing if Blizzard was so unresponsive or insensitive to not talk about the warlock issue at all).

The main problems were highlighted: mobility (though that's not going to change, as the philosophy is be tanky not mobile, they are obvously aware that it doesn;t work in something like a Mythic because the abilities will one shot a lock as easy as they do a glass cannon mage); rampup times and how locks are particularly suffering in 5-mans because the "it doesn;t matter much in a raid boss" does not apply). Five mans were specifically mentioned.

The mechanics won't chang emuch until at least 7.1, they never do. But it is evident that the problem is known, it's being acknowledged and that a hotfix is due fairly shortly to at least ameliorate some of the issues

The only big down for me is that this was allowed to go live after is was so glaringly bloody obvous on the Beta.

It's too early to tell us "yeah we don't want people playing warlocks" that'll be in another month or two once the die hards are fully invested in their lock.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most annoying thing about it was his "raids will fix it" attitude. 'Raid or die' is supposed to be over, and he goes on in the Q&A to talk about how they're doing more with the world, with dungeons, and not all the patches are going to be raid patches. If the only place you can enjoy your character is in raids; then this directly means all the rest of that content is going to be played through a prism of a character with bad gameplay - and that will make the content feel bad too.

10+ Year Old Account
    On affliction my main problem is

1. It takes ages for dots to start doing the same damage that other players can do from the start. It feels like you have to put twice as much effort/ have much higher ilevel just to do the same damage as other classes.

2. Siphon life/ sow the seeds are on the same talent branch. Siphon life helps with increasing your already low solo damage, while sow the seeds means seed isn't useless outside applying corruption.

Giving Warlocks more mobility isn't a hard problem to solve, but it moves towards homogenization again.
    That's pretty funny. They clone Demonic Circle, give it to monks, downgrade the warlock version to a talent, then claim it can't return because of homogenization.

I get that they want warlocks to be slow and tanky, but when every spell takes 3 days to cast and lasts 12 seconds, it feels like you're playing in mud. It's probably fine for raids, but classes shouldn't be designed for raids. They should be designed to be enjoyable to play first, and then balanced for raids later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think the most annoying thing about it was his "raids will fix it" attitude. 'Raid or die' is supposed to be over, and he goes on in the Q&A to talk about how they're doing more with the world, with dungeons, and not all the patches are going to be raid patches. If the only place you can enjoy your character is in raids; then this directly means all the rest of that content is going to be played through a prism of a character with bad gameplay - and that will make the content feel bad too.
    he said that about all casters that are crying now because they are "feel" weaker than the melees in dungeons.