10+ Year Old Account

Impossible to get to 800 mining?

I've mined probably 40 felslate seams sitting at 791 mining and am just not getting skillups anymore. What in the world is going on? Should I just wait 2 months and do the +5 Darkmoon Faire quest twice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    ive been mining for 8 hours, a ore about every 10 seconds, normal, rich, seams, and living when they appeared (using the able to interact well mounted, unable to be dismounted, and increased mount speed) and i have not gotten a single of the rank threes
    and nor have i gotten anything over 791...

ALSO WHERE THE F, DO I GET THE RANKS FOR INFERNAL BRIMSTONE!?!??!? i cant find anyrthing on it anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ive been mining for 8 hours, a ore about every 10 seconds, normal, rich, seams, and living when they appeared (using the able to interact well mounted, unable to be dismounted, and increased mount speed) and i have not gotten a single of the rank threes
    and nor have i gotten anything over 791...

ALSO WHERE THE F, DO I GET THE RANKS FOR INFERNAL BRIMSTONE!?!??!? i cant find anyrthing on it anywhere
    Says that to get higher ranks for stuff you need 800 mining so I'm guessing you'll likely get the quest to get rank 2 onwards for infernal brimstone once you are 800 mining and do the world quest for it. I need 800 mining to start getting rank 3 felslate stuff and it's bugging me that after hours of hunting for felslate seams, I get nothing. I'm getting felslate, sure, but no points anymore. I'm thinking about just waiting for 2 rounds of Darkmoon Faire's mining quest just to finish it off. :|
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    same, ive minesd tons of seams, and not a single level...

Deleted
    is there even a benefit reaching 800 in a gathering profession?

7+ Year Old Account
    I must've been really lucky. I got rank 2 infernal brimstone my 2nd world quest for brimstone, mining is like 750~ maybe.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

I just leveled them to 700 before legion hits and I was stuck at 690 for gathering proffessions as well at WoD because I had mining pick/skinning knife/gnomish army knife bla bla on my backpack. They give +10 so system thinks you are capped. I don't know if they fix it or not yet. I didn't leveled them on legion so..

Just throw away any item in your backpack that gives +10 to your gathering profession.. I hope this helps..
    Last edited by -Xerxes-; 2016-09-10 at 06:48 AM.

Darkmoon Faire profession quest. Easy 5 mining skill right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    I dunno, I basically tripped my way over bears on the way to 800 skinning in maybe 3-4 yr. Or maybe 2 hr.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Xerxes- View Post
    I just leveled them to 700 before legion hits and I was stuck at 690 for gathering proffessions as well at WoD because I had mining pick/skinning knife/gnomish army knife bla bla on my backpack. They give +10 so system thinks you are capped. I don't know if they fix it or not yet. I didn't leveled them on legion so..

Just throw away any item in your backpack that gives +10 to your gathering profession.. I hope this helps..
    omfg i will try this in abit

No, level 1 or 800 skill gets same materials in legion. Only ranks matters now.

796 here, the +10 items don't do anything to your possible skill up it just shows the text greyed out but you can still receive a skill up. Don't forget to do mining world quests, I had skill up while mining the big deposit/seam in those.

Yes I know that but there was a bug about it, that's why I reported. Who knows if it's still exists or not we'll see if they can level now or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it'll let you get up to rank 3 in getting ore from a vein, seam or from mobs you kill and you'll get more from it. Is efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Darkmoon Faire profession quest. Easy 5 mining skill right there.
    Already did it this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Yes, it'll let you get up to rank 3 in getting ore from a vein, seam or from mobs you kill and you'll get more from it. Is efficient.
    This is false. You don't need 800, since I got the rank 3 for Felslate Deposits at ~400 mining. It was a "5 man" (killed with 2 ppl) quest to summon and kill a blood elf in Suramar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ollob View Post
    This is false. You don't need 800, since I got the rank 3 for Felslate Deposits at ~400 mining. It was a "5 man" (killed with 2 ppl) quest to summon and kill a blood elf in Suramar.
    Last I read(though it was on living felslate) it said it needed 800. K so my luck's just awful, good to know!