Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Um, they're going to balance the game based on dungeon data? Are they retarded?

Deleted
    I like how they give a f*ck about mages... I did more than 107 heroic dungeons and 16 mythics. There were mages in the 70% (810-847ilvl).

And guess what? They were always the last dps and they were competing with the tanks but most of the time they were under them. I thought Blizzard fix them after 2 weeks ...

Nowadays people start to decline mages in mythic premades because they are that shit. Basically it is the worst class in the game. You cannot do anything smoothly in the world either. They have cloth gear so the only option to kill mobs is kiting... but guess what? All mobs have ranged abilities or your own uncontrollable dots break them out instantly from frozen. AND I didn't even say anything about the withered scenario vs mages.

Don't level a mage!
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2016-09-10 at 06:53 AM.

"You want to run into other players"

It really fucking pisses me off when people tell me what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    I like how they give a f*ck about mages... I did more than 107 heroic dungeons and 16 mythics. There were mages in the 70% (810-847ilvl).

And guess what? They were always the last dps and they were competing with the tanks but most of the time they were under them. I thought Blizzard fix them after 2 weeks ...

Nowadays people start to decline mages in mythic premades because they are that shit. Basically it is the worst class in the game. You cannot do anything smoothly in the world either. They have cloth gear so the only option to kill mobs is kiting... but guess what? All mobs have ranged abilities or your own uncontrollable dots break them out instantly from frozen. AND I didn't even say anything about the withered scenario vs mages.

Don't level a mage!
    What the fuck are you taking ?

Deleted
    Tier Sets
    We are eventually going to go to the Tomb of Sargeras this expansion and you will probably get a tier set there.

So ToS raid confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    that because of 1 reason - mythic crybabies - if it wasnt for that crowd we would have mythic + dungeons already on launch , rep vendors would have gear equal to hc raiding just like they did in past , world bosses would be out , proffesions wouldnt be pointless - but because of mythic crybabies eveyrthing has some artificial cellign of 850 itlv for 3 weeks for no reason whatsoever
    Or it's so that people don't outgear the raids before they launch. It's to limit /them/, not you. You ever consider that? I mean, why would you offer gear equal to heroic raids before heroic raids have even launched?

If you had access to 865 gear right now, the raid would fall quicker than a tarts underwear, which is already a problem. Every raider worth his salt would be knocking about in 865 gear and then you'd go into the raid murder bosses like no tomorrow....and DE everything that wasn't a trinket or Tier token. Joyful. Fun.

But no, it's all "mythic crybabies are putting me down man, it's the system maaan"
    Last edited by elvor0; 2016-09-10 at 08:25 AM.

Warlocks get your shit together, you've upset my boy Ion Hazzikostas

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Or it's so that people don't outgear the raids before they launch. It's to limit /them/, not you. You ever consider that? I mean, why would you offer gear equal to heroic raids before heroic raids have even launched?

If you had access to 865 gear right now, the raid would fall quicker than a tarts underwear, which is already a problem. Every raider worth his salt would be knocking about in 865 gear and then you'd go into the raid murder bosses like no tomorrow....and DE everything that wasn't a trinket or Tier token. Joyful. Fun.

But no, it's all "mythic crybabies are putting me down man, it's the system maaan"
    a) they wouldnt because 80 % of playerbase is shit
    b)who the f... cares- raiding has been destroying the game for years now bllizzard promises alternavite patch of progress -and they fucks it over by puting shit gear in there which changes nothing

I'd appreciate it if no-flight apologists didn't tell me what game is or isn't for me, thank you very much. I'll decide that for myself. If you prefer to spend 10 minutes trotting around that mountain looking the hidden path up, enjoy. I'll just mount my phoenix and fly to the top, do what I need and fly down to take care of other things while you're still being knocked off your horsie by the dozen mobs you inevitably pull while enjoying the game down there on the ground. But of course if flight was enabled, you'd be using your flying mounts too. Hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    Kind of annoyed that Warlocks (while I understand they have their issues) got a full section but nothing was said about the sorry state hunters were left in
    What state? My MM hunter is doing pretty good. How about you tell us, what you think is wrong with hunters, instead of just saying some nonsense about a state.

Coulis it be, that beacuse hunters are fine right now, that nothing was said?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kriterion View Post
    They should really change that barrage skill. I hate the way it is used. Instead they can give our glaives back "best skill ever made".
    Why do you like glaive toss better than barrage? Elaborate please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    "You want to run into other players"

It really fucking pisses me off when people tell me what I want.
    Then maybe an mmo isnt for you? Maybe Sims is more for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poganin View Post
    I'd appreciate it if no-flight apologists didn't tell me what game is or isn't for me, thank you very much. I'll decide that for myself. If you prefer to spend 10 minutes trotting around that mountain looking the hidden path up, enjoy. I'll just mount my phoenix and fly to the top, do what I need and fly down to take care of other things while you're still being knocked off your horsie by the dozen mobs you inevitably pull while enjoying the game down there on the ground. But of course if flight was enabled, you'd be using your flying mounts too. Hypocrites.
    And that is why flying isnt enabled from the start. Blizzard already said, that flying in legion will be enabled the same way as in wod, by doing some achievements.

So flying will be coming.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/broken...ying-in-legion

Quote Originally Posted by Poganin View Post
    Why not just portals taking you from spot A to spot B? Surely that's about as immersive?

Flight at some point or other renders content (yes, getting intercepted by mobs is content - encounters are the very definition of content, lack of encounters is what made WOD so...memorable...) irrelevant thus it might as well not be there. This is fine if you have some means to ensure that all experience this content (which you put in place because you believed it would make the game better overall) before finally taking to the skies to skip it, if so desired.

If you put in place the means to skip from the get-go then you might as well not bother having any ground content, and rather dispense with those resources and instead just provide portals from starting point to where the quest should take place.

I went ahead and got Pathfinder in WoD myself and I will certainly do the same in Legion, I believe flight is a good thing. But I also think it's good to keep it restricted both insofar as waiting with releasing it as well as making it take some effort before it's unlocked, precisely because you otherwise dispense with the need to create any story lines or living environments in the world, removing the whole point of world content.

Now, if you could somehow make the air considerably more hazardous and make a realistic call where flight is viable but in some cases may be slower or more hazardous than ground travel then having flight from the start could work out just fine, but I suspect this is something they'd struggle to deliver, or it'd be in the game already.

My 2c.
    Last edited by Perryn; 2016-09-10 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo

"Toys aren't supposed to be very powerful and necessary." ah yes, you mean like with the Findle's Loot-A-Rang, where if it's fun it needs to NOT be in the game. That was the most stupid nerf I've seen so far in the game, a totally pointless nerf.

Have they even tried to play an affliction warlock in a dungeon while leveling? You're literally the definition of the third wheel. It's garbage at dealing with anything that dies fast which is pretty much everything inside a leveling dungeon. You have to cheese around with "haunt" I think it was called to even do any sort of dps and you'll get quite annoyed at it as it 1) has a cast time 2) has to fly to the target 3) if it's flying as the target dies(which happens a lot) 15 sec cooldown, enjoy.
    Last edited by huldu; 2016-09-10 at 10:17 AM.

Stop crying about kite, just buy yourselves Goblin Glider Kits and get over it, Jesus. It has 3 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    Why not just portals taking you from spot A to spot B? Surely that's about as immersive?

Flight at some point or other renders content (yes, getting intercepted by mobs is content - encounters are the very definition of content, lack of encounters is what made WOD so...memorable...) irrelevant thus it might as well not be there. This is fine if you have some means to ensure that all experience this content (which you put in place because you believed it would make the game better overall) before finally taking to the skies to skip it, if so desired.

If you put in place the means to skip from the get-go then you might as well not bother having any ground content, and rather dispense with those resources and instead just provide portals from starting point to where the quest should take place.

(snip)
    First of all, let me thank you for being more civil than other people who responded to my remarks.

Immersion is a subjective thing. I find myself more immersed in the world when I can fly above it, appreciate the landscapes and the views from the air. It gives me a better perspective and is more enjoyable. You can't just tell someone "But you need to use a ground mount, it's more immersive for you!" However, it increasingly feels like Blizzard are deciding for their player what they will enjoy.

I may be a little more jaded than you are, because I see being knocked off my mount as a deliberate nuisance, an inconvenience, a way to stretch the time played to the maximum by making things take longer to do than necessary. I would experience this "content" all the same, because I like to do all quests in all zones, so I'd get to kill those enemies all the same, but it would happen when I decided to do it, not when the game forces me to. Especially in Legion when the zones are so crammed with mobs that stopping to pick a herb forces me to decrease the local moose population by half (yes, I am exaggerating on purpose, but it sure feels like you can't blow your nose in Legion without aggroing a bunch of enemies).

Deleted

Don't level a mage!
    Nice troll attempt mate, 4/10 really.

The only thing i don't like is that they won't make cos/arcway unlocks accountwide, doing all of suramar may be fun on 2 chars. but after that it will be boring as fuck.
    For the rest, good job, i am having way too much fun with legion to even care about some incoveniences

I'm loving the verticality of Legion and haven't even used a goblin glider or kite yet. Are people really that reliant that they need it every 3 mins?

The Warrior Order Hall campaign taking longer than others was a mistake. The timing for the Warrior campaign was the timing intended for all classes, but some last minute fixes removed the cooldown between missions for other classes. It was supposed to be a two week process rather than a one week process. The Warrior one will be fixed.
    Are they ever planning on fixing the mistake of the Warrior Order Hall campaign not having anything to actually do with Warriors?

7+ Year Old Account

Don't level a mage!
    dk about arcane or fire, but i usually end up with the second highest dps in my groups unless i end up with people that have a twice as high ilvl.
    i changed from ROF to BC, and MI to IF, which drastically improved my dps.

im not saying they are perfect, they indeed are in need of a buff, but they are definitely not the worst.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-10 at 12:57 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Content pacing will be better than previous expansions.
    The team is confident they will pace content better this time. For real. They mean it.

Still believe it when I see it after years of bullshit since Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    Kind of annoyed that Warlocks (while I understand they have their issues) got a full section but nothing was said about the sorry state hunters were left in
    And Warlocks, as a whole, were only bad numbers wise, mostly Affliction. Ret Paladins on the other hand, have a much bigger problem that is related to their mechanics, which according to the majority of our community, is abysmal.