Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I tried to level my Rogue for pvp and gave up after 5 mins just because I couldnt jump over the stairs at Dalaran. Seriously double jump is my life.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should really give rogues double jump and maybe cat druids increased movement aswell. Would fit them!

Deleted
    I switch to other classes when I want to play something that requires more than 2 fingers to play.

Deleted
    Yeah
    I used to main a DK and like everyone on the planet, I gave DH a go... never going back haha. It is just so much more fun, my DK is just Howling Blast, Obliterate, Frost Strike and with my DH I have so much more to do and I'm zooming all over the place same story for my other old ''main'', my paladin. Ret is just Crusader Strike, Blade of Wrath, Judgement and Templar's Verdict... boring AF. Not to mention they changed like all of ret's animations and sounds into really lacklustre things, imo. Not liking Holy anymore either... wtb my phat Holy Lights from Wrath back, instead of this FoL spam

No. All of this is still slower than ground mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    While I personally still main a Priest and only play DH as an alt a friend of mine just told me that he can't play other classes anymore since he started playing Demon Hunter. And I can definitely see what he means.

- No double jump
    - No glide
    - No jumping around constantly like with Vengeance
    - Higher movement speed overall

He said that everything else feels slow and boring now and to be honest I find myself pressing Space while in midair even on my Priest from time to time. And I feel like a sloth just trying to get from point A to point B. If I chose to spec my selfheal cooldown I wouldn't have a single thing to get my movement speed above 100%.

Has the class changed how you view other classes? How much do you miss the mobility when playing something else?
    Not at all...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. /10char

Came in thread expecting to see lots of posts about not being able to double-jump on anything else. Was not disappointed

Tried playing my paladin. I barely got through my artifact quest before quitting. I got so bored.

Double jump and glide is simply amazing for moving around Blizz's poorly designed terrain and nabbing treasure chests and whatnot. Really is something they should possibly look at giving all other classes (and I dunno, let DH triple jump or something I guess). But yeah, playing anything else I miss it, I just find myself mashing the space bar wondering why I'm not going higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I play a Monk, so I'm already more mobile than my DH.
    You might run a straight line faster than me but you're walking around that mountain, over the bridge at the ravine and down the trail of any hills. I'm going over them :P

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    You might run a straight line faster than me but you're walking around that mountain, over the bridge at the ravine and down the trail of any hills. I'm going over them :P
    You, my kind sir, just made me laugh and make your post my new signature! Tywm! <3

On topic.
    I purely and utterly HATE from the bottom of my heart most of Demon Hunters animations as they are waaayyyy over the top. Im more a fan of more.. subtle and clean spell effects, much like rogues. AND ELFs ONLY race locks, oh man, pointy ears.. dont let me start on hate there. I simply dont play em. ever.

BUT..Sadly i must agree with most of the posters here. Mobility that they have is sooo fun, so much fun that i actually have hard time going back to my Retri or Fury warrior.
    Fury is so-so bearable with charges and leaps, but Retri is simply painfully slow. In every way.

All three of them are leveled and ready to go into raids, but i catch my self cheating on warr and pala while spending more and more time on DH, even so i hate every other aspect of DHs beside their mobility, they are simply too much "fun." Simple as that.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2016-09-11 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of. I still main my warlock because he has the most progress but my DH is my dedicated alt/"2nd main"..it just sucks because it seems everybody in my guild is either rolling DH now or has a DH alt. I was hoping the class wasn't going to be as popular as it turned out to be. I just adore the flavor, its like a melee warlock and it feels like playing Zero from Mega Man X4 in an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    I just adore the flavor, its like a melee warlock and it feels like playing Zero from Mega Man X4 in an MMORPG.
    Spot.on! My feels exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Yes, except for my hunter and priest.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Ret in comparison is slower in both cases AND still manages to have inferior dps and aoe.

What's damning to me isn't even so much the fact that DHs have mobility that is just nuts, but rather that all of my main specs were nerfed and watered down on top of it. My DK's unholy presence was removed altogether, 15% passive speed just gone right off the top. My Ret especially is a clear loser compared to WoD because between Pursuit of Justice, 10% cloak enchant and my trinket I had over 150% passive speed which was great for questing and soloing in Tanaan. Now when mounts aren't an option I'm getting by at Ye Olde 100% speed in Suramar and it freaking blows. My boots feel like they're stuck in the mud compared to Warlords. It was fine elevating DHs by giving them overpowered mobility and dps. But was it really necessary to kick other specs down simultaneously?
    Last edited by Merie; 2016-09-12 at 02:02 AM.

I plaid Ret for 9 years, hence i lvled Ret 1st, took me 1 week, the aoe is crap, mobility is crap, ST is decent, so i had no issue soloing any grp elite mobs. Now i decided to lvl my DH, took me 2 days to hit 110, the ST dmg + Clv/aoe dmg is sooo insane compared to my ret, who was pretty decked out legendary ring and such, my Dh just ate alive pack of mobs 6+ under 10 seconds. After doing such insane dps with my DH + flying around, i can hardly force myself to play Ret >.<

"What other classes?"

I love everything about Vengeance, and DH in general.

+ Reactive healing as mitigation (I love taking a big hit, my life drops 20%, then I say F*CK you monster and heal it back)
    + Synergy of artifact powers with talents and abilities
    + Felblade and Infernal Strike x2 I cannot play without any more
    + SIGILS - holy crap the utility of our sigils. Targeted AOE silence and targeted AOE CC? Yes please. The chains is more situational, but it's an amazing interrupt and mob grouping mechanism.
    + Soul Rending+Fueled by Pain+Last Resort = so much fun. DH healing is beastmode with soul rending along with all the other healing tools we have at our disposal, not to mention the fact that dying is just the beginning as Vengeance.
    + Charred warblades - smooths out my damage intake so much. I feel less spikey, especially with how much fire damage we actually put out using fiery brand, felblade, immolation aura, sigil of flame, infernal strike and fel devastation.

On top of all that goodness, you have double jump and glide. Especially in highmountain. Actually, everywhere. Double jump and glide everywhere.

Deleted
    Topping damage meters in mythics with such a simple rotation really feels like stealing from other classes, like they got ripped off i guess thats the hero class bonus. well, my firemage isn't bad for that too, but damn, i have to work a lot more on him.
    Last edited by mmocf07314a97b; 2016-09-12 at 01:19 PM.