Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    It's impossible for Legion to have the ability to freely decide when in time to invade any world.
    It breaks the story.

Blizzard would need to come up with a miraculous limitation/explanation that justifies the Burning Legion's continuous fail choices.
    Yet they can attack at will from the past from the future, and the present from the past. And even if you "destroy" present Archimonde in the past, he still exists in the future.
    Archimonde showed some potential of time travel when he sent AU Gul'dan to the future and not the past when he perished in the twisting nether. Gul'dan. Even acknowledges this in the warlock quest for the scepter of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceOmikron View Post
    Wait, what? Is that something that happens in Nighthold?
    Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't played WoD), but did Gul'dan not get captured by the (Alt!)Legion during the Archimonde fight?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't played WoD), but did Gul'dan not get captured by the (Alt!)Legion during the Archimonde fight?
    No. That was our Archimonde and our Legion. The portal Gul'dan opened for Archimonde lead to our present Twisting Nether, and Archimonde sent him through it to the present. At the moment, there isn't an alt Legion. Past Legion(s) exist, but they don't play any significant role in WoD except a (few) demon(s).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No. That was our Archimonde and our Legion. The portal Gul'dan opened for Archimonde lead to our present Twisting Nether, and Archimonde sent him through it to the present. At the moment, there isn't an alt Legion. Past Legion(s) exist, but they don't play any significant role in WoD except a (few) demon(s).
    The point I was making is that there is no Alt!Legion. It's all the same Legion. The poster I was replying to disagrees.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Captured? No, not really. Alt!Archimonde just threw Alt!Gul'dan into the portal to our present-day Azeroth, and now Alt!Gul'dan is working for our Legion.
    Last edited by LanceOmikron; 2016-09-08 at 07:18 PM.

Captured? No, not really. Alt!Archimonde just threw Alt!Gul'dan into the portal to our present-day Azeroth, and now Alt!Gul'dan is working for our Legion.
    There is NO Alt Archimonde and there is not an Alt Legion. Our Legion and the Legion on Alt.Dreanor is the same.
    Thats even what the topic is about...

Quote Originally Posted by tsyko View Post
    There is NO Alt Archimonde and there is not an Alt Legion. Our Legion and the Legion on Alt.Dreanor is the same.
    That makes so little sense. I don't buy it for a second.

That makes so little sense. I don't buy it for a second.
    its canon, you like it or not

It is Canon...unfortunately. I am just going to push it to the back of my mind and try to forget about it though...along with the expansion that spawned it.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    my understanding of why there is multiple universes but only one legion is that the alternate universe didnt exist until garrosh and kairoz went there and the only thing in that alternate universe is draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    its canon, you like it or not
    This is the very first instance in all of Warcraft lore where I refuse to accept canon. It's blatantly obvious that the notion of our legion and the alt!legion being one in the same was a hasty, messy, poorly thought-out rewrite. The alt!legion don't act like they have the knowledge of the main legion at all. For instance, If there's one legion in all realities, what the hell was Mannoroth doing giving a deal to the orcs that he already knew would fail in the main timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    It is Canon...unfortunately. I am just going to push it to the back of my mind and try to forget about it though...along with the expansion that spawned it.
    Once Cordana Felsong and Alt!Gul'dan are both death, I am going to simply pretend that World of Warcraft: Hijacked by Gul'dan (aka WoD) was just a weird hallucination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Someone please help me clear this mess up!

So, according to WoD there's only 1 Burning Legion. They are one and the same in all realities, yes? Doesn't that mean that they can freely manipulate all timelines and outcomes in their own favor?

I thought the Bronze Dragons were all about keeping things happening properly. But if the BL is just one in all realities, the Bronze dragons can't really do shit about it. Which really, really trivializes what the Infinite dragons are trying to do. What's the point of manipulating 1 timeline and 1 alone, if the entirety of existance and all realities are still getting fucked up by ONE SINGLE BURNING LEGION?

Is our timeline, our reality, the only one that matters? Did nobody else do better than us?
    One Legion for every timeline would be even worse. I guess that's why they did it, so that it doesn't feel totally pointless when we kill "the Archimonde of a different universe/timeline". The whole thing with different timelines/universes was stupid to begin with though. It's a mess.

It could be that the reason there is no other version of KJ/Archimonde, is that while there may be infinite realities, they may all turn out the same unless edited. It could be that ultimately in all timelines the legion wins, so the infinite dragon flight worked to meddle with our timeline for the purpose of splitting it off of the main timeline. Thats why ours is special. The Legion won in every timeline besides ours because ours was meddled with.

Think DBZ. The Androids won in the main universe of DBZ. Future trunks went back and created a new timeline where the heroes win. The universe that, from our perspective, is the main universe, could just be an alternate universe that was edited. In all the universes trunks didn't edit, everything after majin but didn't happen because Androids. It also is the only universe where this is the case. In every other timeline there could be, the Androids win.

The twisted nether is what brings all realities together...the legion won in every reality except ours, because Nozdormu and his time seeking powers saw this in the future and created the infinite dragon flight. So that they can meddle with our universe. Our universe being an AU would also explain why our Nozdormu never created the infinite dragon flight and he lost his powers.

To conclude; The legion already won in every reality, ours is only different because Nozdormu foresaw the Legion winning, created the infinite dragon flight and worked hard to split our universe off from the main timeline. We are effectively playing in the only AU where the Legion hasn't won. In the main universe Archimonde could have won at the battle of hyjal for example. There, it all makes sense.
    The Legion can't just go to another timeline to beat us because we are the only timeline that haven't conquered. If they went back in time to try to kill us, that would not be helpful, because now they have created another AU that they have to deal with. Now they have two universes with the possibility of Azeroth turning into a void lord. Sargeras's ultimate vision could be to destroy all the beings in all realities, and just survive in the twisting nether with his demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post
    It could be that the reason there is no other version of KJ/Archimonde, is that while there may be infinite realities, they may all turn out the same unless edited. It could be that ultimately in all timelines the legion wins, so the infinite dragon flight worked to meddle with our timeline for the purpose of splitting it off of the main timeline. Thats why ours is special. The Legion won in every timeline besides ours because ours was meddled with.

Think DBZ. The Androids won in the main universe of DBZ. Future trunks went back and created a new timeline where the heroes win. The universe that, from our perspective, is the main universe, could just be an alternate universe that was edited. In all the universes trunks didn't edit, everything after majin but didn't happen because Androids. It also is the only universe where this is the case. In every other timeline there could be, the Androids win.
    That's not how the Warcraft multiverse works. Editing history doesn't split off a new timeline, it just changes history within that universe. This has happened with the WotA trilogy, some of the CoT instances, and in WoD.