Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How about Souleater for a future third spec?

We encounter Allari the Souleater. She uses a scythe and demonstrates a ranged like ability when taking the Shade of Akama.

How about a future third spec - Souleater - that is ranged and we use a scythe instead of the usual glaives?

Deleted
    I would be up for this!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ya theirs no ideas to go off of here and doesn't vengeance already eat soul fragments for there self heal? demon hunters really does not need a 3rd spec any way......

Demon hunters don't need a third spec, but the game needs a ranged spec. Even if another ranged class was introduced in the future, there would still be an imbalance when you consider dungeons and raiding. It's really not fun at all being a healer in a 4 melee group, the boss targets you constantly. Demon hunters seem to be most suitable as they actually lack a third spec and seem to be popular enough to maintain a stable population unlike monks.

I hope not. Having two specs actually helped them design the class well. If anything, some classes need specs removed, Assassination and Subtlety for instance could just be merged into one. I hope they never shoehorn a third spec to DH just because 3 specs were the standard for some reason before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    I hope not. Having two specs actually helped them design the class well. If anything, some classes need specs removed, Assassination and Subtlety for instance could just be merged into one. I hope they never shoehorn a third spec to DH just because 3 specs were the standard for some reason before.
    I cannot agree more ! DH are much better with only two specs.
    Assassination is not well designed right now : bleeds have never been a key feature of the spec. Merging both sub and assa would result in a much better and consistent fantasy of what a rogue should be. Both specs are like two half parts of a broken statue and having spells and effects moving between both specs quite often is showing this (Backstab was a key feature of Assa during Vanilla, Bleeds were a key feature of Sub with Hemo, combo point generation on crits, dagger centric and so on...). Having two sets of Artifact Daggers sounds odd... They are both weakening eachothers : no more uniqueness and *exceptional* power they should represent as it exists twice... Merging both spec would certainly be much better by allowing removing "filler" habilities like bleeds when poison dots should do the job : bleeds are Feral abilities.
    I do not want DH to have the same flaws.
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2016-09-10 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    I cannot agree more ! Assassination is not well designed right now : bleeds was never a key feature of the spec. Merging both sub and assa would rsult in a much better fantasy of what a rogue should be. Both specs are like two half parts of a broken statue.
    wut/10chars
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    wut/10chars
    i think there tryng to say that the assassin theme doesn't go very well with bleed and it would be better if they mixed the poison half of assassin with the shadows and stealth of sub to make a more assassin feeling spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    They very likely already experimented with such a spec and weren't satisfied. Personally, I don't think they should be married to adding a third spec or leaving it as two. If they come up with a third spec that doesn't bend or break the Demon Hunter's fantasy, doesn't step on the toes of Warlocks and is actually fully fleshed out (not like some of the more doe-y specs still in the game) I'd not be opposed. The reason why I am so opposed to the idea of fourth specs is because I don't believe that's possible for the majority of classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    wut/10chars
    Both specs are really thematically identical just they are separate because Blizzard decided to have 3 rogue specs instead of two. Arcane, Demonology and Survival originally had similar problems at launch. In fact across the board if you look into all the classes in the game they all had a third spec that really didn't work mechanically and/or thematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    If the problem is "one spec is screwed up", the solution is not "remove the spec". It just takes away the choice and variety of class.

DHs could use a 3rd one, I don't see why not. Souleater is a good idea for DH, and adding some more variety to the class would help.

I really don't think they will add a third spec,they like the 2 specs,and.very likely, it will be the setup for their next class too

Deleted
    i would third spec, but a melee one

Havoc - fel
    Vengeance - fel and void
    'Souleater' - void

it would fit old god expansion too

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    i would third spec, but a melee one

Havoc - fel
    Vengeance - fel and void
    'Souleater' - void

it would fit old god expansion too
    ya but it wouldent fit the demon hunter theme like at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trathos77 View Post
    We encounter Allari the Souleater. She uses a scythe and demonstrates a ranged like ability when taking the Shade of Akama.

How about a future third spec - Souleater - that is ranged and we use a scythe instead of the usual glaives?
    Yeah i was thinking this aswell, would be so good!!

Like!

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    ya but it wouldent fit the demon hunter theme like at all.
    From what we knew about DH before Legion, a "bulky void-user eating souls of his enemies and using runic magic" didn't exactly fit the whole "Demon Hunter" archetype. And somehow it works.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    Demon hunters don't need a third spec, but the game needs a ranged spec. Even if another ranged class was introduced in the future, there would still be an imbalance when you consider dungeons and raiding. It's really not fun at all being a healer in a 4 melee group, the boss targets you constantly. Demon hunters seem to be most suitable as they actually lack a third spec and seem to be popular enough to maintain a stable population unlike monks.
    Yeah I think there's too few ranged specs as well. Removing Hunter Survival spec didn't help...

Deleted
    I like the idea of a souleater spec, but I really feel that it would be more suited to warlocks. Demon Hunters are melee heroes through and through, which has been shown in the lore as well; the only time I've seen DHs be ranged is in WC3's meta form.

It could work, but I don't think we need it. Demon Hunters feel good right now with two specs, really. Druids have 4 and no one is complaining about that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavella View Post
    Demon Hunters are melee heroes through and through, which has been shown in the lore as well; the only time I've seen DHs be ranged is in WC3's meta form.
    Normally I'd agree with the through and through part, but Allari seems to not be the usual melee/glaive type.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trathos77 View Post
    Normally I'd agree with the through and through part, but Allari seems to not be the usual melee/glaive type.
    Is she a demon hunter though? She strikes me more as a caster of the Illidari; I mean, Malevolence isn't a Demon Hunter either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavella View Post
    Is she a demon hunter though? She strikes me more as a caster of the Illidari; I mean, Malevolence isn't a Demon Hunter either.
    If we go by follower missions, she is not listed as outsider. She is definitely a demon hunter. The same way Tyrande is a priest but uses a bow, lore characters always get to break the rules.