Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I'm honor level 40 now without doing a single BG or arena

The only thing I've been doing are the 'PvP' world quests that require you to kill PvE mobs. Haven't seen a single player there. I think this is pretty dumb to be honest. I will just keep going and eventually reach prestige in a few days without having PvP'd a single time.

So yeah, if you're tired of losing in BGs just do PvE to get your PvP level up. It's pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    The only thing I've been doing are the 'PvP' world quests that require you to kill PvE mobs. Haven't seen a single player there. I think this is pretty dumb to be honest. I will just keep going and eventually reach prestige in a few days without having PvP'd a single time.

So yeah, if you're tired of losing in BGs just do PvE to get your PvP level up. It's pretty easy.
    Well, take in account that you will do it several times because of Prestige levels.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

As some1 who doesn't like pvp, but wants the PVP-Artifact-Skins I like that its so easy.. on the other hand is not even the 2nd prestige rank D: so still pretty much to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Well, take in account that you will do it several times because of Prestige levels.
    Yeah, of course. But you'll also get a lot of artifact power, reputation, order hall resources and items out of it. I've gotten two 850 and one 840 'Season 1' items from PvP quests so far.

Are these pvp world quests always on the same area or they change? havent done one yet

And are the honor talents activating in world pvp? Or do they only activate in the world if you are in these pvp ralated world quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Are these pvp world quests always on the same area or they change? havent done one yet

And are the honor talents activating in world pvp? Or do they only activate in the world if you are in these pvp ralated world quests?
    - Location changes, you have several warden towers.
    - Honor talents activate in wpvp.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post

There are 2 towers each in Val'Sharah, Highmountain and Stormheim. They rotate every 3h and there is one tower for each faction.

There is also 4 other pvp quests (1 in each zone) that have a longer timer but is also free for all while you do it.

PvP talents are active in all world pvp against players or pvp tagged quest mobs such as the npc's in the pvp towers.

I've been 50 for a few days, probably 75% from those world quests. I haven't prestiged because there's so little information about what the grind is like afterwards, or even what the rewards are.

All I know is prestige Lvl 1 rank 50 gives the PvP artifact skin so that's what I'm after ATM (at honor rank 31 but missed a bunch of towers leveling an alt). Hopefully courser source known soon.

I'd say it gives a fair amount of honor for what it is. Doesn't feel like an onerous grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

If you have a decent server go hang out in the black rock arena for honor, pretty fun experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I've been 50 for a few days, probably 75% from those world quests. I haven't prestiged because there's so little information about what the grind is like afterwards, or even what the rewards are.
    are u still getting gear from those wpvp world quests? ever since i hit honor lvl50 the quests that give pvp items to others dont give me anything and the part of their tooltip on the map that usually shows the reward is just empty for me. i think it might have happened after i hit 50 a few days ago.

Isnt prestige just the same as normal with the badge? (So you start again from 0 honor with the prestige badge)

This is very sad, but yeah Legion is PVE to PVP expansion so nothing surprise me anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    Isnt prestige just the same as normal with the badge? (So you start again from 0 honor with the prestige badge)
    but the cost for each re-level continues to increase. By how much, we dont know.

But Prestige 1 Honor Level 2 costs more than 0 Prestige, Honor Level 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    are u still getting gear from those wpvp world quests? ever since i hit honor lvl50 the quests that give pvp items to others dont give me anything and the part of their tooltip on the map that usually shows the reward is just empty for me. i think it might have happened after i hit 50 a few days ago.
    has to just be RNG. I havent had a single one reward gear yet, and i went from 0-16 today.

ALl ive had is gold, gold, resources, and the occasional Arti power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucktoe View Post
    If you have a decent server go hang out in the black rock arena for honor, pretty fun experience.
    yeah, watching one blood DK repeatedly 3-4 shot everyone who comes at him, being swarmed by 10+ guys, and never dying...

that was SUPER fun.

Required Honor for each level will be the same. Rewards include mounts, artifact skins, pets and that upgraded PvP symbol next to your portrait. (Called Crest?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

has to just be RNG. I havent had a single one reward gear yet, and i went from 0-16 today.

ALl ive had is gold, gold, resources, and the occasional Arti power.
    no thats NOT it.
    everyone shares the worldquests, they are the same for everyone. gear might be higher itemlvl for one person and lower for the next but thats it.
    worldpvpquests that reward gear to others give NOTHING to me. thats not RNG. their tooltip is empty. they reward NOTHING other than honor.

Deleted
    Yeah, of course. But you'll also get a lot of artifact power, reputation, order hall resources and items out of it. I've gotten two 850 and one 840 'Season 1' items from PvP quests so far.
    I have never seen a "none" 805 piece. Do you think this scales with your honor lvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    In order of value for gaining honor levels:

1. Winning AV or IoC
    2. Finishing the "pvp" WQs (you can actually just kill mobs and win them)
    3. Win a BG
    4. Lose a BG
    5. Gank randoms questing

Not sure if I missed something atm. Ashran seems kind of valuable also at 500 honor for objectives but I think it takes the longest to complete.
    Tolbarat is like 500 honor with the guild battle standard and wintergrasp 345

Ashran's a tricky one, because if you're on the losing side you get pretty much squat. At least if you lose a Battleground you still get an okay-ish amount.

But if you're winning, it's a great way of farming it.

So I think if you join and your group is doing well, stick at it. If not? Get out of there ASAP.

Deleted
    Are you one of those hypochondriac PvP'ers that thinks you'll catch aids from doing the slightest bit of PvE?

I'm really not seeing the issue here. It's a nice alternative for those that want to get to honour level 40 before the new season while earning guaranteed resources (AP, order hall, gold) in the process.