Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, see, one day Blizzard was bending over like the dirty whore that it is, and an evil clown Warlock decided to viciously rape Blizzard. So there you go!! Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How about you ask yourself "Why would they HATE warlocks?" Why would a company create a game with originally 9 classes, add 3 more and then decide they "hate" one class and just fuck it up intentionally to piss off statistically 8% of their players and customers?

You people and hyperbole...seriously...
    If it's not malicious you tell us how warlocks ended up in this state where people are going to another class WHEN THEY STILL WANT TO PLAY THEIR WARLOCK but can't because it is no fun at all.

When a large percentage of the classes playerbase is disgusted with the state the class is in.

When in an expansion that is pushing "class fantasy" as it's main driver all the unique abilities, all the unique visuals have been removed. Seriously compare the state of MoP warlock to now, you had 3 very diverse, not just in playstyle but in visual style as well, fun specs that were all very different from any other class and different from each other, yet still very recognisably Warlocks.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

I mained a from bc until the legion prepatch patch. All of the specs have just felt better to me in the past. If I level a lock it will just be for pvp but as it currently sits my main for most of the time I've been playing has been subbed for my dk.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I still have my green fire. Your point about demo form makes it sound like they removed it as well.
    I never said that they removed green fire. I specifically pointed out what they removed by saying it was removed.

What a time to be alive, warlocks complaining about mobility, survability and awful ramp up damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    My only issues with 'lock are from destro (I have the Affliction artifact but haven't played it yet) and they're mainly easy to fix:

1) Chaos Bolt takes forever to cast atm. perhaps with enough gear that's correctly itemized (haste >> all), this will fix itself, but even at 803, it's tough. There is a talent to address this, though.

2) More importantly, it takes 2 shards to cast a CB and shard generation from Immolate ticks feels a bit low (it's a 15% chance per tick). Again, haste will help as it speeds ticks, but I think boosting that chance would help a lot. This also affects Rain of Fire (needs 3 shards). Basically, shard generation feels too slow and hinders our ability to cast.

3) It feels esp annoying on AOE for trash - Catcalysm is great, but on a moderately long CD (45 secs) and RoF is unusable without 3 shards (so unless you save them from the previous pull you wont have RoF up for a given trash pack) and I'm not sure its damage is competitive, esp for the cost.

4) Another way to address all of that would be to cut the shard code for CB and RoF. And/or to remove the Shadowburn shard cost so we could cast it as a mob dies even if we've just spent shards to kill the mob.

Basically... give us better shard gen, competitive AOE so we're not annoyingly behind on trash as destro and I'm happy. The run to the class hall? Not an issue.
    Everything you complain about in this post gets better with gear.
    803 is not a point to use "even". I've felt my scaling has been doing me more favors than other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    What a time to be alive, warlocks complaining about mobility, survability and awful ramp up damage.
    i know after mists of warlockaria i couldn't imagine they would ever be in this state lol.

welcome to shaman town warlocks, you tell the devs shit don't work they laugh and go NO YOU SUCK YOU CANT PLAY PROPERLY YOU'RE OVERPOWERED, then suddenly 90% of mail users in raids are hunters? good job blizz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are still punished for their MoP OPness, just like Blizzard made Shamans pay after Sunwell.

Warlocks were incredible and OP for the entirety of MoP, so they should suck it up for a while.

Because the dev that loved warlocks was fired years ago over some bs
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I played warlock for the entirety of wow's beta (well the portion I had an account for) and vanilla. The class was such a roller coaster back then. Undead warlock with passive wotfs was just insane, then what we got when we went live was a class without any 31 point talents worth a damn so everyone just went "sm/ruin" or whatever (pulling at some serious memory strings here). Then death coil went from not being worth having on the bar to amazing. Being able to debuff players into the resist negatives, lock them down with the succy and potentially 1 shot them with that long cast fireball (cant even remember the name) was great. Then it all got nerfed. Then it was good again. Etc etc etc.

I got off that train when horde got pallies in bc. My main has been paladin ever since. I am so much more happy, the class is just consistently good. Yeah, sometimes ret kinda sucks, but holy is always there to bail you out. Its just a nice reliable class.

Warlocks have been a roller coaster class that's OP one day and garbage the next since 2002. Do yourselves a favor and jump ship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I played warlock for the entirety of wow's beta (well the portion I had an account for) and vanilla. The class was such a roller coaster back then. Undead warlock with passive wotfs was just insane, then what we got when we went live was a class without any 31 point talents worth a damn so everyone just went "sm/ruin" or whatever (pulling at some serious memory strings here). Then death coil went from not being worth having on the bar to amazing. Being able to debuff players into the resist negatives, lock them down with the succy and potentially 1 shot them with that SOUL FIRE was great. Then it all got nerfed. Then it was good again. Etc etc etc.

I got off that train when horde got pallies in bc. My main has been paladin ever since. I am so much more happy, the class is just consistently good. Yeah, sometimes ret kinda sucks, but holy is always there to bail you out. Its just a nice reliable class.

Warlocks have been a roller coaster class that's OP one day and garbage the next since 2002. Do yourselves a favor and jump ship.
    There you go. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Warlock is just the Beta Class. It tests toys for other classes.

Death Coil was removed from baseline and given to DKs as a damage ability.
    Demon Form was given to Demon Hunters.
    Green Fire was given to Demon Hunters.
    Being able to cast on the move was removed and given to Mages via talent.

There's more, but I'm half awake. But at least MoP was very nice to them. No clue how they'll look in Legion.
    And Backlash has been given to Boomies

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Besides bad mobility and taking forever to cast a spell, Warlock has the longest way to reach his Class Order Hall.
    DK, Druid, Mage and Monk have teleports.
    Lore wise, Warlock should have its own teleport, because of his famous Summon Portal.

At one point, Warlock was redesigned and can move while cast.
    Then this head developer was fired.

I heard the head developer for Mage is Vice President.
    Yes, the reason why Blizzard hates Warlocks is because they hate money and want to lose as much of it as possible, ya dingus.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    My warlock has way higher survivability than my mage.
    This is exactly what a guildmate of mine said. Mages are squishy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warlock is just the Beta Class. It tests toys for other classes.

Death Coil was removed from baseline and given to DKs as a damage ability.
    Demon Form was given to Demon Hunters.
    Green Fire was given to Demon Hunters.
    Being able to cast on the move was removed and given to Mages via talent.

There's more, but I'm half awake. But at least MoP was very nice to them. No clue how they'll look in Legion.
    1) warlocks didnt loose their green fire
    2) what? ice floes existed at the same time as the old kil'jaeden's cunning.
    nobody took it away from you and gave it to us.
    both classes always had it at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    This is exactly what a guildmate of mine said. Mages are squishy.
    we are extremely squishy.

so squishy that conjure refreshment is actually relevant again.

i cant pull more than 2 mobs during the withered training or i'll loose tons of withered or just die.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-10 at 01:14 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    1) warlocks didnt loose their green fire.
    I shouldn't have to repeat myself when it appears that you've read the thread judging by the rest of your post. But in case you missed it:

I never said that they removed green fire. I specifically pointed out what they removed by saying it was removed.
    --

You're right on this point. That was my mistake, unless someone wants to make the argument that warlock's mobility got removed so that Mage's mobility would be buffed. Going from 2 to 3 charges and having more freedom with those charges is certainly a nice change. Can't say that I'd take it seriously if someone said that, but considering my comment was in jest for the most part, I'd accept it.

1) warlocks didnt loose their green fire
    nobody took it away from you and gave it to us.
    both classes always had it at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

we are extremely squishy.

so squishy that conjure refreshment is actually relevant again.

i cant pull more than 2 mobs during the withered training or i'll loose tons of withered or just die.
    On the other side of the coin I can pull like 6+ of those hard hitting npcs in Suramar on my Warlock. While we do, do less damage in PVE. It's extremely easy for us to do world content. I've even managed to solo some of the blue world quests.

Deleted
    I love my new Affliction Warlock. The only Thing that could use some tweaking is the Burst-AOE DPS, since most trash packs die way too fast to get my Damage up, but that is in a way, just how the Spec is intended to work. With Mythic+8 the Mobs will live long enough to ramp up my full Dot Potentials. Boss Damage is fine, Rotation / Spells are fun and it feels very fluid, especially with 3+ Mobs, managing the Dots on all those is quite challenging and rewarding if you can do it. Not mindless spamming of a single Spell.

Tried Demo and Destro, but didn't like the Playstyle, too much dependent on Random Proccs, so you either are lucky or not, I hate that. The Class Hall and the Campaign is really cool, a bit sad that it already is over, hoped for more in upcoming patches.

So, I don't really get all the grinding and whinging about the new Lock. Absolute Fav. Specc this Expansion.

If you've been with us for a while, you'll know that a few years ago, they started developing Demonology into a TANKING spec. They had a taunt, an aoe taunt, a few damage mitigation tools. Pretty much the entirety of what you need to be a tank.

Then, they jerked it all away and said 'suckers!'

Because that's what they do. They come up with good stuff for Warlocks, then take it away and give to other classes.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games