Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I appreciate those that want to PVP, but come on...

I am not on a PVP server, yet I am forced to enter unknown PVP areas to quest. It feels like a platter that has been laid out for awaiting wolves.

Is the only option to avoid quests and character advancement altogether, or just get frustratingly ganked over and over until I finish what was designed to benefit those people who should have joined a pvp server? I chose to NOT PVP, so I joined a NON PVP server!

I don't want to PVP, what disconnect am I missing here?

The only FFA zone you ever have to enter for a quest in Legion is the sewer, it's only for one quest, and for the princely sum of a whole five gold you can just hire a personal guard that makes you immune to pvp for five minutes while in there.
    You're not being forced to pvp.

Wait what? You aren't forced to enter those areas lol.
    The disconnect that you are missing is that your complaint is based on a falsehood.
    Character progression and questing do not take place in these areas, and if they do, pvp is not forced until its a world quest at 110.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

"Character progression and questing do not take place in these areas"

But thats actually not true :P If you hate PvP and you love PvE... You are missing out on alot of artifact power, wich IS NEEDED for Character progression Im talking about world quests. But i dont mind doing these myself, but you kinda are forced if you don't want to fall behind :P free AP atm is VERY important.

If you want to progress through professions you're probably screwed.

And then there's the flag the gets up while on a taxied flightpath...(wtf?)

Blizz is trolling the PvE crowd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post

But thats actually not true :P If you hate PvP and you love PvE... You are missing out on alot of artifact power, wich IS NEEDED for Character progression Im talking about world quests. But i dont mind doing these myself, but you kinda are forced if you don't want to fall behind :P free AP atm is VERY important.
    This is a pretty weak argument. You're also missing artifact power from not spamming BGs, do you suggest it's removed there? Do you suggest PvP world quests with AP should be removed? I don't think it's humanly possible to get ALL of the available AP and wanting shit to be removed from PvP players just because you don't like the way that AP is granted is pretty retarded

Deleted

You're overreacting. You'll be just fine in any raids, maybe unless you're in a top 10 guild. In which case you should have a lot more things to worry about like keeping 3+ characters prepared for raiding.

I've done all the PVP quests myself, and have not seen a single horde player (Being alliannce).

Also if you're as serious about PVE as you make it sound, you can do a random heroic in 15 min with your guild and get the same AP you'd be missing out on for these quests, not losing any AP for time invested.

i dont mind pvp tbh but im on pve server and after entering one of these zones for what i thought would be a few quick ap i was ganked by a horde rogue,pretty well geard too,apparently he was just waiting in prime spot waiting for unsuspecting players,well played him i guess but he clearly prefers pvp to go to all this trouble so the question is why is he on a pve? server,seems odd.

10+ Year Old Account

Unless you're aiming for world/server firsts it's really not needed, a few AP items is really not going to be what holds you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    This is a pretty weak argument. You're also missing artifact power from not spamming BGs, do you suggest it's removed there? Do you suggest PvP world quests with AP should be removed? I don't think it's humanly possible to get ALL of the available AP and wanting shit to be removed from PvP players just because you don't like the way that AP is granted is pretty retarded
    What a stupid reply :S Did i mention anywhere that it should be removed? No. I only said that people that doesn't like PvP and want the extra ap wich is very important.. are kinda forced in doing these world quests. BECAUSE they don't like PvP.. that also excludes doing BGs. So only way to get AP for someone who doesn't like PvP is Wqs and Dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Unless you're aiming for world/server firsts it's really not needed, a few AP items is really not going to be what holds you back.
    world server first or whatever "first" have been removed from the game. Theres no "world first" in the game anymore.

Deleted
    What a stupid reply :S Did i mention anywhere that it should be removed? No. I only said that people that doesn't like PvP and want the extra ap wich is very important.. are kinda forced in doing these world quests. BECAUSE they don't like PvP.. that also excludes doing BGs. So only way to get AP for someone who doesn't like PvP is Wqs and Dungeons.
    Yeah and people who like PvP and hate PvE are "forced" to run dungeons and raids and do world quests which are like 97% of the time PvE related instead of PvP. What's your point? Would you want a cap on AP so you don't feel like you're missing out?

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    You're overreacting. You'll be just fine in any raids, maybe unless you're in a top 10 guild. In which case you should have a lot more things to worry about like keeping 3+ characters prepared for raiding.

I've done all the PVP quests myself, and have not seen a single horde player (Being alliannce).

Also if you're as serious about PVE as you make it sound, you can do a random heroic in 15 min with your guild and get the same AP you'd be missing out on for these quests, not losing any AP for time invested.
    I was only replying on the idiotic statement made... "Character progression and questing do not take place in these areas". Wich is not true. I also said i don't mind these myself, but i don't like it when people lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Yeah and people who like PvP and hate PvE are "forced" to run dungeons and raids and do world quests which are like 97% of the time PvE related instead of PvP. What's your point? Would you want a cap on AP so you don't feel like you're missing out?
    They're not forced tho :P They can do BGs as you allready said and world quests. So pls stop argue like a goat.

The vast majority of world quests are not PvP based and of those that are, the ones with the towers don't actually even feature any PvP (factions are funnelled to different locations so have no reason to ever meet at the objective).
    There are a grand total of four non-tower objectives and four tower ones. They don't exclusively award AP for completion. The enormous, overwhelming majority of world quest AP comes from non-pvp objectives, the ones from those 8 locations are not even a drop in a bucket.

Arguing that you are being deprived of AP for not doing these quests is just patently ludicrous. Doing these is not "very important", the reward is so tiny as to in the grand scheme of things mean nothing at all.
    They are completely optional and not in any way vital or even important for character progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    world server first or whatever "first" have been removed from the game. Theres no "world first" in the game anymore.
    Then why do you feel you NEED the AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The vast majority of world quests are not PvP based and of those that are, the ones with the towers don't actually even feature any PvP (factions are funnelled to different locations so have no reason to ever meet at the objective).
    There are a grand total of four non-tower objectives and four tower ones. They don't exclusively award AP for completion. The enormous, overwhelming majority of world quest AP comes from non-pvp objectives, the ones from those 8 locations are not even a drop in a bucket.

Arguing that you are being deprived of AP for not doing these quests is just patently ludicrous.
    They are completely optional and not in any way vital or even important for character progression.
    It's not though, as the other day i had 5 or 6 PvP WQs up, all gave ap of 200+ and i had to be in a PVP area where players could kill me or i could kill them. thats 1k AP only in those qs and PVP so thats 1k lost if i were the OP of this thread that hates pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Then why do you feel you NEED the AP?
    Because AP is very important? where have you been the past days? under a rock?

At least 3 PVP quest spawns every 2 hours (sometimes 4-5), each gives 1% of your artifact power, you are losing 3%*12 = 36% from your bar if you skip them EVERY DAY.

Hire a bodyguard. Shouldn't take you 5 mins to finish one quest in an area as small as that.

You can get infinite artifact power. There is no cap or limit. You do not need to do the forced PVP areas in order to get it. All Artifact power is free btw. You just play the game and get it in droves.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    There are some pve quests that overlap with the auto flag area for the pvp quests, this is where the complaints come from. Usually happens with the ley race quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because AP is very important? where have you been the past days? under a rock?
    It's not even nearly as close to what you're acting like it is. Missing even 10 items that give 2-3 hundred AP isn't going to be a massive difference when traits start costing 10s of thousands of AP.