Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    As a dj, and foremost a music fan, I am willing to bet their headphones are absolute crap next to mine. It's a sad move.
    I've been quite happy to use apple products when producing and dj'ing for years now, but every time they update or bring a new product out, they seem to create more of a divide between what I need and what's on offer.
    I suppose eventually they will lose me as a customer because of it, but I'm also sure someone else will pick up the ball.
    a) This change allows you to get a better DAC.
    b) Again... it comes with an adapter that lets you plug in your existing headphones.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I admit that I am not up to date with anything smartphoney....but can you not extend the memory of every other smartphone by inserting an extra memory card? And that just doesn't work for apple phones?

- - - Updated - - -

That one you mean? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSnW-ygU5g? It is like Google's great ideals doing a 180.
    You can, but a 256gb micro sd card is $200, which keeps it in line with the iPhone 7 256GB.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/...mb-mc256da-am/
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not been keeping up on this topic.

Did we all sell our stocks?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I have not been keeping up on this topic.

Did we all sell our stocks?
    If you want? Stock prices will probably go up on the 16th so it'd be silly to not wait though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    You can, but a 256gb micro sd card is $200, which keeps it in line with the iPhone 7 256GB.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/...mb-mc256da-am/
    That would make it have more storage than the iphone...The phone would have some internal storage as well.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    That would make it have more storage than the iphone...The phone would have some internal storage as well.
    At that point you're talking about a $13 difference which I would still consider "in line".

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/...-mb-mc32da-am/

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have a minority market share in every single area they put overpriced products out in. How does that make them the strongest brand?
    Brand recognition is not necessarily exclusive with brand superiority. And I would argue that Apple and the "i" branding is the most recognized in their respective markets, regardless of their market share.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    I think he is saying that you cannot listen to music via headphones and charge your battery at the same time.
    Oddly enough, you've never been able to do this with an iPod. Apple being on the supposed cutting edge and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    At that point you're talking about a $13 difference which I would still consider "in line".

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/...-mb-mc32da-am/
    That's.....not how it works. You don't say "Well a 32gb card is only $13, so having 32gb more is only worth 13 dollars" when the sd card slot is taken and the other phone doesn't have the ability to add storage. Also you're using only samsung cards, other brands are significantly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, I suffered with two of the beasts for 2 years. Apps crashing, couldn't even view photos on one of them, nowhere to get help and the horrid battery life.

Like I said - getting an Apple isn't something only Apple fanbois do, sometimes it is a sensible choice.

As for ease of use, factually - that's iOS. Android wins in flexibility. You can't say something is easy to use, when no two android users can even agree on how something is done
    When I say ease of use, I'm talking about overall.

The short version is: if I want to transfer files or do something out of the ordinary with my android, there is no special software or process needed. I just do it. If I want to transfer files or do something out of the ordinary to my ipad, I absolutely have to have the matching and compatible software installed on my PC, the ipad needs to have the correct OS updates, I have to do it in the exact way that Apple wants it done, I have to use the sorting or organization scheme used by the ipad and whatever app is involved.... despite "plug & play" being a standard behavior for years, it doesn't exist with Apple products, which makes them harder to use. A standardized OS doesn't fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Brand recognition is not necessarily exclusive with brand superiority. And I would argue that Apple and the "i" branding is the most recognized in their respective markets, regardless of their market share.
    I would agree with this. Regardless of whether or not you like Apple, pretty much everyone knows exactly who they are and what their style is. That's pretty much the definition of brand recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    ... what's wrong with Android...?
    Which of the 20,000 versions of android are you referring to ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    The short version is: if I want to transfer files or do something out of the ordinary with my android,
    Yep - Android is absolutely more flexible, and open ... which is why I tried to use it for 2 years.

If I was buying a desktop, Android wins over iOS.

However - on a phone, I just need it to do the several tasks it is supposed to do reliably and simply. That is where Android fails, not because Android sucks - but because there are thousands of versions of it and applications can't correctly target your version. So there are faults and farts everywhere.

------

In essence, Apple will continue to have a large market for people who just want a smart phone that is simple and just works. Android will have a market for low end cheap phones AND for high end phones for people who like to customise and fiddle.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

i hope they keep it slimming down to the point it becomes like a sheet of paper and flies away at the first sign of a small breeze. yay innovayshiun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Apple decided it was a smart move to have the Iphone 7 not be able to play music.
    Instead you can buy a 150 dollar costing upgrade if you want to listen music on your phone.

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/7/12822516...ne-7-headphone

Apple stocks are gonna plummet entire 2016/2017. Sell em now.

You are welcome.
    First of all get with the damn times. Its 2016, not 1960. You should have been using bluetooth headphones for the last few years already. We dont need to be walking around with old ass wired headphones on, getting the wires tangled in our hair, around our arms and necks, and having them be a choking hazard if they get caught on something or if someone grabs them. Additionally including a 3.5 jack prohibits them from making the phone thinner so you must like having bulky phones. Lastly, they are including an adapter for luddites so they can use their ancient headphones. Of course I wouldnt think many people who are still stuck on using old outdated technology would be using an Iphone anyway.

Now go fire up your VCR and watch some episodes of the Munsters or something

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Or..ya know...use bluetooth or the FREE adapter they give you.
    The nerve to call something free at this price range.

"You know, you get a FREE umbrella if you buy this Aston Martin DB9!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    a) This change allows you to get a better DAC.
    b) Again... it comes with an adapter that lets you plug in your existing headphones.
    Fair enough, just have to wonder what backwards moves they will make to playlists, how soon they plan to move to only streaming music and so forth. To be honest, most times it's not the iphone, but my ipad that I plug into my traktor kontrol for small sets that don't require the full laptop, and the headphones usually are plugged into the kontrol, but when i am out and about just listening to music, more shit to carry other than headphones and the iphone seems shitty. What impressed me about their products in the first place was less shit to carry. I know an adapter is a very minor thing, but it's there.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    First of all get with the damn times. Its 2016, not 1960. You should have been using bluetooth headphones for the last few years already.
    Bluetooth wasn't around in the 60's.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2016-09-10 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The nerve to call something free at this price range.

"You know, you get a FREE umbrella if you buy this Aston Martin DB9!"
    Especially when it's price is probably bumped 5 times before it's added to the total price of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Bluetooth wasn't around in the 60's.
    ...that was the point of his post.

I prefer wired headphones if I'm sitting at a desk, but for everything else, my bluetooth headphones are mandatory. I can't even count how many times I've accidentally sliced through the cord on wired headphones at work.

In short, I could live without a headphone jack (even without an adapter to give me one), but I understand why others may not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Fair enough, just have to wonder what backwards moves they will make to playlists, how soon they plan to move to only streaming music and so forth.
    Spotify lets you download to play offline (I think maybe only with subscription?). It's already here.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

OMG apple stopped having serial ports apple is doomed SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    oh no apple stopped having scsi ports apple is doomed SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    hot damn apple just abandoned floppy disks the sky is falling SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    dear god the new iMac has no dialup modem built in hell has frozen over SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    Apple is giving their OS updates away SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    what the hell non swappable battery and memory in the macbook SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    an apple phone surely the company is fucked SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    what they are changing the charging port on all their portables SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    Steve Jobs has died SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW

And in all those years apple stock has continued to rise........ fandroids and their sky is falling how about those toasty Samsung phones im sure samsung is going under now aswell ye?

- - - Updated - - -

OMG apple stopped having serial ports apple is doomed SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    oh no apple stopped having scsi ports apple is doomed SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    hot damn apple just abandoned floppy disks the sky is falling SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    dear god the new iMac has no dialup modem built in hell has frozen over SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    Apple is giving their OS updates away SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    what the hell non swappable battery and memory in the macbook SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    an apple phone surely the company is fucked SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    what they are changing the charging port on all their portables SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW
    Steve Jobs has died SELL YOU APPLE STOCK NOW

And in all those years apple stock has continued to rise........ fandroids and their sky is falling how about those toasty Samsung phones im sure samsung is going under now aswell ye?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don't know that I've ever heard an Apple fan be critical of Apple. They seem more like cult members at times.
    If you heard an Apple fan be critical of Apple, wouldn't you just then say they're not an Apple fan?