Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The only FFA zone you ever have to enter for a quest in Legion is the sewer, it's only for one quest, and for the princely sum of a whole five gold you can just hire a personal guard that makes you immune to pvp for five minutes while in there.
    You're not being forced to pvp.
    There are also multiple Archaeology dig sites in Stormheim that take place in PvP and FFA areas, so it's rather annoying being forced to PvP flag while trying to do the Archaeology quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    It's not even nearly as close to what you're acting like it is. Missing even 10 items that give 2-3 hundred AP isn't going to be a massive difference when traits start costing 10s of thousands of AP.
    thats what you have "artifact research for" *sigh* plz keep out of things you can't argue about or have no clue about :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You can get infinite artifact power. There is no cap or limit. You do not need to do the forced PVP areas in order to get it. All Artifact power is free btw. You just play the game and get it in droves.
    Well you are loosing out on alot of AP then if you skip them, so if you want to be competetive, forget it if you are like the OP of this thread :P

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    It's not though, as the other day i had 5 or 6 PvP WQs up, all gave ap of 200+ and i had to be in a PVP area where players could kill me or i could kill them. thats 1k AP only in those qs and PVP so thats 1k lost if i were the OP of this thread that hates PVP.
    You are remembering falsely because this is literally impossible.
    There are only 8 pvp objectives on the map. Only four of them are free for all pvp, and they aren't usually all active at the same time. These are the black rook arena, drogbar arena, murloc beach, and that hill where you beat up animals and then ride them. Even if they were all up at once (unlikely) there's no fifth one, let alone a sixth.
    The other four revolve around capturing warden towers, which is an activity you do with your faction, and at which no enemy players actually have any reason to be.

Also, 1000 Artifact power is still a completely trivial thing to miss! Doing all the non-pvp ones and skipping the pvp ones will get you dramatically more than 1000 Artifact power. By the time raids launch, the difference between someone who did every pvp quest and someone who didn't will be one trait or less. It isn't important at all, they are an extremely minor source of rewards.

Not to mention that most of the time the reward is not 1000 AP anyway, having all of them give AP rewards at once is extremely uncommon, usually it is gold, resources or pvp gear as a reward (I know this because I actually do them).

Deleted
    I was only replying on the idiotic statement made... "Character progression and questing do not take place in these areas". Wich is not true. I also said i don't mind these myself, but i don't like it when people lie.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not forced tho :P They can do BGs as you allready said and world quests. So pls stop argue like a goat.
    And PvE players aren't forced tho, they can do dungeons as you already said and world quests. So pls stop argue like a goat.

You are remembering falsely because this is literally impossible.
    There are only 8 pvp objectives on the map. Only four of them are free for all pvp, and they aren't usually all active at the same time. These are the black rook arena, drogbar arena, murloc beach, and that hill where you beat up animals and then ride them. Even if they were all up at once (unlikely) there's no fifth one, let alone a sixth.
    The other four revolve around capturing warden towers, which is an activity you do with your faction, and at which no enemy players actually have any reason to be.

Also, 1000 Artifact power is still a completely trivial thing to miss! Doing all the non-pvp ones and skipping the pvp ones will get you dramatically more than 1000 Artifact power. By the time raids launch, the difference between someone who did every pvp quest and someone who didn't will be one trait or less. It isn't important at all, they are an extremely minor source of rewards.

Not to mention that most of the time the reward is not 1000 AP anyway, having all of them give AP rewards at once is extremely uncommon, usually it is gold, resources or pvp gear as a reward (I know this because I actually do them).
    "(I know this because I actually do them)" And if u've read my comments i do mine aswell. I'm not the OP of the thread, im just stating that he is right.. there are Wqs that are PvP and gives you artifact power wich does have something to do with "character progression" that someone said it didn't, wich is a lie. And i do not like it when people lie on a forum where people come to get information.

Atm my pvp stuff is at 2 ap items order resources and gold. But my point still stand, there is alot of ap getting lost if you don't do em. EVEN if its 1 trait or no.

"(I know this because I actually do them)" And if u've read my comments i do mine aswell. I'm not the OP of the thread, im just stating that he is right.. there are Wqs that are PvP and gives you artifact power wich does have something to do with "character progression" that someone said it didn't, wich is a lie. And i do not like it when people lie on a forum where people come to get information.

Atm my pvp stuff is at 2 ap items order resources and gold. But my point still stand, there is alot of ap getting lost if you don't do em. EVEN if its 1 trait or no.
    Ok how about this:

Are they a source of character progression? Yes.
    Are they an important source of character progression that will hold you back if ignored? No.

The second part is the only part that's actually important to this thread :P

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    And PvE players aren't forced tho, they can do dungeons as you already said and world quests. So pls stop argue like a goat.
    *sigh* if you can't argue, or come with anything related to the topic, just go back to your cave. You were trying to tell us differently, that pvp'ers are forced to do pve content, when they clearly don't as they have Wqs(wich pve also have) and bg(wich the OP doesn't do since he hates pvp). So that means, if you were like the OP you have 2 sources vs 2 sources = the same amount of srouces on both PvP and Pve, unless you like PvE and PvP then theres suddently more sources to get AP from. I don't mind these things, but i also don't like it when people are telling me or others something thats not correct at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok how about this:

Are they a source of character progression? Yes.
    Are they an important source of character progression that will hold you back if ignored? No.

The second part is the only part that's actually important to this thread :P
    "Are they an important source of character progression that will hold you back if ignored? No." But you just said that 1 would have 1 trait more than the other? = dps boost/ more helpfull to the raid? (yeh im taking this in a VERY extreme way:P)

Deleted
    thats what you have "artifact research for" *sigh* plz keep out of things you can't argue about or have no clue about :S

Well you are loosing out on alot of AP then if you skip them, so if you want to be competetive, forget it if you are like the OP of this thread :P
    What does competitive mean to you? I'm not sure even world firsts would care about pvp wq's if they don't want to do them.

Artifact Knowledge/research is very relevant, it's not "keep it out if you have no clue". The next one in 4 days should increase gains by 100% or so. The AP from whole days pvp objectives is gained from a single heroic after 8 days. So 8 days of "forced" pvp gained in 20minutes. It really doesn't look forced to me at all.

This is why I even skip many PvE wqs, AP isn't limited. It's the opposite, just do what you want. Research will make the old gains obsolete very fast anyway.

Deleted
    *sigh* if you can't argue, or come with anything related to the topic, just go back to your cave. You were trying to tell us differently, that pvp'ers are forced to do pve content, when they clearly don't as they have Wqs(wich pve also have) and bg(wich the OP doesn't do since he hates pvp). So that means, if you were like the OP you have 2 sources vs 2 sources = the same amount of srouces on both PvP and Pve, unless you like PvE and PvP then theres suddently more sources to get AP from. I don't mind these things, but i also don't like it when people are telling me or others something thats not correct at all.

- - - Updated - - -

"Are they an important source of character progression that will hold you back if ignored? No." But you just said that 1 would have 1 trait more than the other? = dps boost/ more helpfull to the raid? (yeh im taking this in a VERY extreme way:P)
    You yourself argued that PvE players are forced to do PvP content for AP, I said they aren't and that with your logic even PvPrs are

reading comprehension, it's evident you aren't native english speaker but goddamn if you start an argument at least know what you're initially arguing

Yeah and people who like PvP and hate PvE are "forced" to run dungeons and raids and do world quests which are like 97% of the time PvE related instead of PvP. What's your point? Would you want a cap on AP so you don't feel like you're missing out?
    Difference is wow is a pve game at heart pvp is a side game one can choose to do or not. If a true fan of pvp there are much better games out there with it.

Deleted
    for the princely sum of a whole five gold you can just hire a personal guard
    Which randomly disappears.

You're not being forced to pvp.
    You're technically right. You can just let them kill you. Technically you are not PvPing then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Difference is wow is a pve game at heart pvp is a side game one can choose to do or not. If a true fan of pvp there are much better games out there with it.
    WoW really isn't a PvE game at heart, it never has been. It's just an MMO and both PvP and PvE are parts of it

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    What does competitive mean to you? I'm not sure even world firsts would care about pvp wq's if they don't want to do them.

Artifact Knowledge/research is very relevant, it's not "keep it out if you have no clue". The next one in 4 days should increase gains by 100% or so. The AP from whole days pvp objectives is gained from a single heroic after 8 days. So 8 days of "forced" pvp gained in 20minutes. It really doesn't look forced to me at all.

This is why I even skip many PvE wqs, AP isn't limited. It's the opposite, just do what you want. Research will make the old gains obsolete very fast anyway.
    "This is why I even skip many PvE wqs, AP isn't limited. It's the opposite, just do what you want. Research will make the old gains obsolete very fast anyway."

i don't rly think you know about this.. VERY fast? this is a false statement. At the start you get 150ap from 1 wq. wich means after 16days thats 360ap, so "very fast" is a very false statement.

Deleted
    WoW really isn't a PvE game at heart, it never has been.
    That's really not true. PvP has always been an afterthought. Are you really thinking the game equally focusses on PvE and PvP, equally offers PvE and PvP content?

Quote Originally Posted by Resike View Post
    At least 3 PVP quest spawns every 2 hours (sometimes 4-5), each gives 1% of your artifact power, you are losing 3%*12 = 36% from your bar if you skip them EVERY DAY.
    Except you're not doing them in a vacuum. If you aren't doing those world quests you are doing something else instead in game. If you are concerned about artifact power and you prefer pve over pvp, you are probably running dungeons. You might get slightly more artifact power jumping from pvp zone to pvp zone, but not that much more if any compared to spamming dungeons. If you take that 36%, and subtract out all the artifact power you would have gotten doing dungeons instead, it should be less than 10% if you have bad pugs. If you have a strong premade group with well geared guildees, you'll get far more artifact power spamming out dungeons. 4+ random heroics per hour with a good group gives a lot of artifact power.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Wait what? You aren't forced to enter those areas lol.
    The disconnect that you are missing is that your complaint is based on a falsehood.
    Character progression and questing do not take place in these areas, and if they do, pvp is not forced until its a world quest at 110.
    I thought the same until AP items started popping up as rewards in PvP areas.....le sigh

Forced... I really started to hate that word in wow realted topics... People, come on. No one is forced to do anything.

Let's assume forced means what you think it means, then...
    Pvp players are forced to Pve.
    Pve players are forced to do pvp world quests (not pvp)
    For pve players the pvp world quests has very little effect on your AP progression.
    I bet if person A did all of them and person B did none, person A wouldn't even be 1 trait at the end, because of artifact knowledge.

Anyone defining what goes on in the underbelly area as "pvp" needs to seriously have their mental health assessed,what could possibly be fun in stepping into that aoefest is beyond me.

To each their own i guess.

Deleted
    "This is why I even skip many PvE wqs, AP isn't limited. It's the opposite, just do what you want. Research will make the old gains obsolete very fast anyway."

i don't rly think you know about this.. VERY fast? this is a false statement. At the start you get 150ap from 1 wq. wich means after 16days thats 360ap, so "very fast" is a very false statement.
    Actually after 16 days it would be around 700ap. Right now we are 8 days in and at 100% increase. Next one is another 100% I think, next one 150%? So 16 days would be 450% increase. Instead of 360ap it would be 675. So one wq now is worth around 20% in 16 days. 5 days of work now is only worth 1 day in 16days. After another 16days, another 20% so your original 5 days of work is worth 0.4% days in 32 days.

So anytime in the expansion as long as you do research but don't even collect any AP, you can catch up to anyone in a month.
    And here we are talking about ~4 wqs a day. That's worth less than 5% of days AP? It's not something you would even count. You won't even be behind by a full trait before you make it up. I call that very fast.
    Last edited by mmoc577b6d7ce7; 2016-09-10 at 02:59 PM.