No DPS in Feral for questing because of only upgrading Resto weapon

Hello !

First of all, whats the best spec for doing quests in your opinion ?

I'm having a hard time doing my quests, I die every 5-10 min when I aggro more than 2 mobs. I play in Feral.
    I haven't upgraded my Feral artifact weapon because I use every Artifact Power on my Resto weapon.

I have considered taking a bodyguard but if I take a bodyguard that means I have 1 less follower to do missions.

I've taken the recommended talents for leveling by Icy Veins.

Do you have any advice? :/
    Should I quest in Guardien spec ? Should I use runic power on that artifact ?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Zayl; 2016-09-10 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayl View Post
    Hello !
    I'm having a hard time doing my quests, I die every 5-10 min when I aggro more than 2 mobs. I play in Feral.
    I haven't upgraded my Feral artifact weapon because I use every Artifact Power on my Resto weapon.

I have considered taking a bodyguard but if I take a bodyguard that means I have 1 less follower to do missions.

I've taken the recommended talents for leveling by Icy Veins.

Do you have any advice? :/

Thanks in advance.
    If you aren't leveling your feral weapon use resto with affinity, it'll be better dps and you won't die. Although investing in an offset really should be done... As for followers Broll isn't a good mission runner and if you are struggling in the open world it makes sense to use him as a bodyguard.

Deleted
    Balance without traits is way better than feral without traits. I tried both and i have no problems in feral against single target, but more than one is trouble. In balance i can pull 4-6 mobs and still kill them.

I'd suggest you to go guardian for worldquests, and also invest some points into the artifact (http://www.wowdb.com/artifact-calcul...BJAIAAAAAAAAAA). It's really not that much AP lost overall, yet provides a significant boost in clearing speed for worldquests: Just pull everything in sight, use Rage of the Sleeper/Barkskin (Brambles) and see mobs dying all around you. You'll even be able to solo some of the elite worldquests (though that may take a while, so group still preferred).

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    If you aren't leveling your feral weapon use resto with affinity, it'll be better dps and you won't die. Although investing in an offset really should be done... As for followers Broll isn't a good mission runner and if you are struggling in the open world it makes sense to use him as a bodyguard.
    I'd like to reiterate this: you won't die.

I'm currently leveling as Resto with Balance Affinity (I really don't like playing melee), and so far I've been mostly facetanking everything. Plonk down Efflorescence ( I use Spring Blossoms while questing for the free mini-Rejuv), start flinging spells around, dodge fire, and cast Cenarion Ward if I somehow drop to 50% health. Rinse and repeat. Sure, I don't deal as much damage as a Feral with the artifact, but I have zero downtime and even mobs that are supposed to be challenging don't really do much when I can drop out of Moonkin form for 5 seconds to pile on all my HoTs, then go back to DPSing.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankor View Post
    Balance without traits is way better than feral without traits. I tried both and i have no problems in feral against single target, but more than one is trouble. In balance i can pull 4-6 mobs and still kill them.
    Especially if you have resto-affinity it's just unholy what you can pull of.

I'm just going to say that in like 3 days, the 4000 or so AP you might put into a soloing OS weapon for the first gold trait will literally pay for itself in the amount of extra world quests and artifact knowledge you'd get from hitting 110 faster (especially since before you know it, it will take 26k then like 50k+ for a single artifact level)

just put some AP into the fangs of ashamane or w/e, it will take so much AP to level your MS staff later that dumping points in to the first gold talent of an off-spec weapon will seem like nothing

and the faster you hit 110, the faster you unlock AP-rewarding world quests and the faster you start getting artifact knowledge work orders
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-09-10 at 06:36 PM.

feral affinity works fine for questing, the dps is pretty solid and the sustain you have as a resto druid is pretty good, I can already outdps most people in a hc dungeon as a resto now. So the killing time shouldnt be too bad either, you got 2 dots and 2 bleeds, so the time you have to put into each mob isnt all that bad, and your single target damage is fairly significant aswell.