10+ Year Old Account

Still trying to figure out the "lore" behind some class attacks/abilities.

I know this is a game and it's mostly a question between lore vs gameplay.

For instance, I don't get the BrM's Keg Smash ability where they throw a keg of beer at the target doing high damage.

How are they able to keep repeating this ability? Where do they pull this huge keg out of? I mean, I know there are arcane spells that congures material objects out of space/time, but Monks have no such power. So how come are they able to pull out these huge, heavy barrels infinitely?

It's something that can easily be changed to fit the class lore, like changing it into Chi Bomb or something.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Same place our mounts come from dude. Don't think into it too much. I wiggle my fingers and a woolly mammoth appears under my butt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Separation of gameplay and story mechanics, largely. In story or lore terms fights are generally over with after a few abilities, casts, and moves - so in the fantasy aspect that Brewmaster would throw just the one keg, or a Mage would only toss one or two Fireballs. But in the gameplay we tend to spam our abilities because that makes more sense from a statistical standpoint.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Separation of gameplay and story mechanics, largely. In story or lore terms fights are generally over with after a few abilities, casts, and moves - so in the fantasy aspect that Brewmaster would throw just the one keg, or a Mage would only toss one or two Fireballs. But in the gameplay we tend to spam our abilities because that makes more sense from a statistical standpoint.
    Makes sense. Lorewise, kinda disappointing that an ability (Keg Smash) is actually more of a hassle to use. You have to brew beer, get a barrel, fill it up with beer, and then lug around that 400+ lb thing all over the place only to finally end up chucking it at some Murlocs, wasting all that sweet sweet beer.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Makes sense. Lorewise, kinda disappointing that an ability (Keg Smash) is actually more of a hassle to use. You have to brew beer, get a barrel, fill it up with beer, and then lug around that 400+ lb thing all over the place only to finally end up chucking it at some Murlocs, wasting all that sweet sweet beer.
    I think in a world of magic can be learn easily i think is safe to assume that brewmaster beer have some magic ingredent to recreate itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I think in a world of magic can be learn easily i think is safe to assume that brewmaster beer have some magic ingredent to recreate itself
    Not according to all the quests I did in MoP to make different brews...

Deleted
    All the beer. Always a waste.

off topic: I hard a laugh for solid 5 minutes because of your signature. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post

off topic: I hard a laugh for solid 5 minutes because of your signature. Well done.
    If his sig is that funny you gotta let me in on it cuz it's going over my head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If his sig is that funny you gotta let me in on it cuz it's going over my head.
    Translate the Dalai Lama thing. I expected something entirely different.

Just think anything you can do in one full rotation including cooldowns (before you start repeating your rotation) is your entire fight. That's the fight. You can kill any mob with that. On bosses that would make for too easy a fight so you just have to imagine you're doing the same rotation once but really spread out [but in effect you're doing the rotation over and over again b/c gameplay].

7+ Year Old Account
    brewmaster are usually just drunk monks somehow managing to break the bones of their opponents by simply dancing around like a drunk ox.

they dont use their brew that often as we see in game.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    brewmaster are usually just drunk monks somehow managing to break the bones of their opponents by simply dancing around like a drunk ox.

they dont use their brew that often as we see in game.
    I think the traditional depiction is a fighter in a state of inebriation somewhere between enough to deaden pain and enough to cause ambulatory problems. Makes sense for the Brewmaster Monk as they can better take damage, and the strange liquidity of their movements discombobulate opponents and allow them to sneak in under their defenses or disperse damage even further (e.g. Stagger).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Just think anything you can do in one full rotation including cooldowns (before you start repeating your rotation) is your entire fight. That's the fight. You can kill any mob with that. On bosses that would make for too easy a fight so you just have to imagine you're doing the same rotation once but really spread out [but in effect you're doing the rotation over and over again b/c gameplay].
    Illidan actually describes this pretty well. It covers his boss fight in Black Temple. Worth a read just to see how our characters fight canonically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post

Heh, thanks. Good to see someone noticed.

There is no lore for abilities. There is "fantasy" though. That means that the whole kit feels like it makes sense or has some reason to be used by the thing using it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV