Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    they mention that majority of rep in suramar will come from the 1 time quest ? than how the f*** did i get 0 rep from doing 2 story lines yesterday .. the fel on in south suramar and the valanaar one in azuremyst bay .. im 4/11 now in story line and im still friendly loll ..

Why did they give Locks such special attention, but ignored all other classes and their concerns thats been on going since early beta? Ret Paladin for example.

I have a Lock.. they're fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    a) they wouldnt because 80 % of playerbase is shit
    b)who the f... cares- raiding has been destroying the game for years now bllizzard promises alternavite patch of progress -and they fucks it over by puting shit gear in there which changes nothing

You don't like raiding, ergo "who cares if it doesn't work properly and isn't fun for the people who go in there? I don't like raiders, so they shouldn't have fun!" Flawless logic there mate. Absolutely flawless. Two wrongs don't make a right. Look, raiding has been the major path of progression since Vanilla, it has not been "destroying the game for years now". If it had, it never would've reached the 12m sub count that it did in the early days of Wrath, quite some time before the game ever became more approachable and friendly to the non-raider. It's just a boogyman bitter, unthinking players roll out to use as a scapegoat. It's why a bunch of the player base blamed Raiders for WoD when it was actually the damn garrison depriving everyone of stuff to do, casual and hardcore alike.

I am quite, quite happy to have alternative progression paths for the non raider, in fact Mythic + is a really cool addition as far as I'm concerned, it lets the more casual player seek a challenge without the large team or massive amount of time invested if they dislike that or don't have the time, and rewards them for it, it keeps 5 mans relevant and gives a new progression path for people. I fully intend to jump in there just for the fun factor. And if you truly intend to go through the mythic + progression path, then you need to...go through the progression path. Which means gearing up in mythic plus, not outgearing it before you go in there, you just need to be patient, it's not like raiders are all running around getting the best gear right now either.

But you need to step back and realize there's a reason you aren't calling the shots here and why things aren't the way you want them to be. You just see short term, blinded by bitter jealousy. You want gear NOW. "I WANT MY EPIC GEAR NOW" you cry, without considering what effect that would have on game balance. You just want it NOW. Gimme, gimme, gimme! And all you can muster up in response to your short sightedness is "who cares if it breaks balance?" "I'd get mine, who cares about anyone who isn't me?"

I would presume you'd shit bricks if a bunch of raiders said "who cares" to your complaints, right? Oh but they're raiders, so it's okay to belittle their issues because they're the enemy, a bunch of scheming individuals who constantly try to keep those damn casuals down! Again, a scapegoat so that you can just wheel out as an excuse to not even think about the implication of your suggestion.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2016-09-10 at 04:31 PM.

I don't mind the Nightfallen Rep, but need alt "catch-ups" 1 gate per account is enough imo. ITs only 2 Dungeons, and I think a small amount of attunement to some things is OK.

Mind boggling crazy comments on balance though. Seriously, WoW balance team has a memory of a gold fish. For 1, they were still balancing up until less than a week before launch, begs the question, did they finish or did they run out of time. Second, they said they were going to continuously actively balance, here they are pretty much saying they wont. They were meant to have the tools to "tweek" skills and specs as required, yet here they say they just want to to major patch changes.

Lastly, they say they don't want to fix things till AFTER the content that people want shit fixed by is released >.< WTF In the past they have also said, they want to make as little changes as possible during raid tiers as to not throw guild progression and tactics out of whack.

So with all these factors counter in, we are probably not going to see a balance update until 7.1 in mid November to late.

GG reroll ur DH, Rogues, Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    What state? My MM hunter is doing pretty good. How about you tell us, what you think is wrong with hunters, instead of just saying some nonsense about a state.

Coulis it be, that beacuse hunters are fine right now, that nothing was said?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you like glaive toss better than barrage? Elaborate please.

- - - Updated - - -

Then maybe an mmo isnt for you? Maybe Sims is more for you?

- - - Updated - - -

And that is why flying isnt enabled from the start. Blizzard already said, that flying in legion will be enabled the same way as in wod, by doing some achievements.

So flying will be coming.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/broken...ying-in-legion

Typical that the first thing you go for is numbers. But maybe I should be more specific, I meant BM hunters losing all the fun aspects of what was it tobe a hunter such as traps etc. The rotation is boring as hell, I don't want to play with tons of dire beasts, I would rather play with Dire Frenzy but it's so poor, it's not possible, pet AI is all but non existent (I don't mean the change to assist, that just takes a bit of getting use to), you almost have to use a turtle or some pet with a tank CD to take on more than 2 or 3 mobs.

If you're happy with your hunter, then I'm happy for you, but all the negative feedback over the course of teh beta seemed to fall on deaf ears. I would just like a section that explains what their thinking was in the say way Warlocks just got

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    And Warlocks, as a whole, were only bad numbers wise, mostly Affliction. Ret Paladins on the other hand, have a much bigger problem that is related to their mechanics, which according to the majority of our community, is abysmal.
    There is massive discontent in the Warlock community, and I assure you that it's more than the numbers. The rotation, especially for Demonology, is extremely awkward and clunky. A lot of what made a warlock a warlock was taken from the class and spread around (metamorphosis given to Demon Hunters, verdant spheres given to mages, etc.) while we got mechanics that other classes loathed (mages' Prismatic Crystal was dumped on warlocks in the form of Soul Effigy, maintenance buffs were deemed outdated but warlocks have to Lifetap or we quickly run out of mana, etc.). Dreadsteed/Felsteed mount animations are broken. And the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunkhannock View Post
    There is massive discontent in the Warlock community, and I assure you that it's more than the numbers. The rotation, especially for Demonology, is extremely awkward and clunky. A lot of what made a warlock a warlock was taken from the class and spread around (metamorphosis given to Demon Hunters, verdant spheres given to mages, etc.) while we got mechanics that other classes loathed (mages' Prismatic Crystal was dumped on warlocks in the form of Soul Effigy, maintenance buffs were deemed outdated but warlocks have to Lifetap or we quickly run out of mana, etc.). Dreadsteed/Felsteed mount animations are broken. And the list goes on.
    don't worry, I'm sure Kalgan will still get his warrior arena weapon this season :P
    if you get the reference, you'll know it's been worse in the past - at least they pay lip service to locks nowadays.

Deleted
    Nothing about OP rogues, demon hunters or weak mages again??? Are u f** kiding me Blizz? YA great.. TOY NERF!!!! important...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    And Warlocks, as a whole, were only bad numbers wise, mostly Affliction. Ret Paladins on the other hand, have a much bigger problem that is related to their mechanics, which according to the majority of our community, is abysmal.
    You want to say, that having two golden traits that trigger on-kill is not a problem with mechanic? It had sense when aff artifact spawned killable souls and it is seen that artifact is balanced around that fact. But for some damn reason they removed that and now affliction is broken and useless everywhere except for AOE damage

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Why did they give Locks such special attention, but ignored all other classes and their concerns thats been on going since early beta? Ret Paladin for example.

Ret is not in that bad of a place. Our ret pali does stupid dps. This is coming from a mythic raid guild though. The average ret pali is probably bad though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did they say anything about flying?

Okay, two problems with this.

The champion limit allows the team to make you choose which missions you want to do. If the limit was increased, more missions would have to be offered and it would creep closer to the Garrison system where there are constant missions and it is a large feature.
    Then just don't offer more missions. The limit is frustrating. Yet another artificial min/max feature I have to go online to figure out what to keep. This is exactly one of the problems with Garrisons, I had to choose 25 from 299, now it's 5 from 8. Just give us all 8 champions and the same amount of missions.

The concern with raising the limit is how it will become hard to keep track of all of the quests you have.
    That's not a concern at all. It's babysitting. How many quests you have doesn't change your ability to do them. If a new player is just picking up quests and not doing them, that is a completely different issue unrelated to the quest limit. There's not really anything you can do to save a player like that. A limit harms thousands more players just to help the handful of players that would do that. Just raise the limit. 50 should be fine.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Pwncakee View Post
    they mention that majority of rep in suramar will come from the 1 time quest ? than how the f*** did i get 0 rep from doing 2 story lines yesterday .. the fel on in south suramar and the valanaar one in azuremyst bay .. im 4/11 now in story line and im still friendly loll ..
    Those are not in the main story line as you need to go pick them up out in the world. The main story line is the quest lines that send you out from that place underground(forgot the name of the place).

- - - Updated - - -

The team originally wasn't sure players would figure it out, but the community worked together to figure it out!
    Yeah, the community of like 10-30 players or so. 99,9999999999999999999999etc% didn't know shit nor did they care.

There are still tons of people out there farming Kosumoth hoping the mount is just going to drop.
    I joined a raid to kill it, saying the mount would drop for me 100% sure. It dropped, and I told people to follow if they wanted to see it. Only two people did, and they got to know how to get it instead of wasting time farming the fucking mob that won't drop it.

The concern with raising the limit is how it will become hard to keep track of all of the quests you have.
    Only mentally challenged people will have a problem with this, and these type of things shouldn't be designed around their disabilities.
    It's easier to keep track of quests in your quest log rather than leaving them out in the world somewhere to pick up later.

The Auction House UI is pretty unacceptable at this point and past due for a revamp.
    At this point? AT THIS POINT? More like since forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    You don't like raiding, ergo "who cares if it doesn't work properly and isn't fun for the people who go in there? I don't like raiders, so they shouldn't have fun!" Flawless logic there mate. Absolutely flawless. Two wrongs don't make a right. Look, raiding has been the major path of progression since Vanilla, it has not been "destroying the game for years now". If it had, it never would've reached the 12m sub count that it did in the early days of Wrath, quite some time before the game ever became more approachable and friendly to the non-raider. It's just a boogyman bitter, unthinking players roll out to use as a scapegoat. It's why a bunch of the player base blamed Raiders for WoD when it was actually the damn garrison depriving everyone of stuff to do, casual and hardcore alike.

I am quite, quite happy to have alternative progression paths for the non raider, in fact Mythic + is a really cool addition as far as I'm concerned, it lets the more casual player seek a challenge without the large team or massive amount of time invested if they dislike that or don't have the time, and rewards them for it, it keeps 5 mans relevant and gives a new progression path for people. I fully intend to jump in there just for the fun factor. And if you truly intend to go through the mythic + progression path, then you need to...go through the progression path. Which means gearing up in mythic plus, not outgearing it before you go in there, you just need to be patient, it's not like raiders are all running around getting the best gear right now either.

But you need to step back and realize there's a reason you aren't calling the shots here and why things aren't the way you want them to be. You just see short term, blinded by bitter jealousy. You want gear NOW. "I WANT MY EPIC GEAR NOW" you cry, without considering what effect that would have on game balance. You just want it NOW. Gimme, gimme, gimme! And all you can muster up in response to your short sightedness is "who cares if it breaks balance?" "I'd get mine, who cares about anyone who isn't me?"

I would presume you'd shit bricks if a bunch of raiders said "who cares" to your complaints, right? Oh but they're raiders, so it's okay to belittle their issues because they're the enemy, a bunch of scheming individuals who constantly try to keep those damn casuals down! Again, a scapegoat so that you can just wheel out as an excuse to not even think about the implication of your suggestion.

The problem is not raiding itself nor that raiders get stuff non-raiders won't get. I don't raid, and I think raiding should reward items non-raiders can't get.
    The problem is that this min/max bullshit and time/effort shit is spreading out and effecting all the other content in the game, which shouldn't be the case.
    Raiding and exclusive items to raiders is fine - players that only play for rewards and doing the most they can for the least effort and the least amount of time possible is not.

The community sort of hijacked the Q and A chat. They mobilised en masse, wanted to be heard, so upvoted lock questions and downvoted others.

Because they refuse to communicate in the class forums so it takes a full blown outrage to get their attention. It's unfortunate it takes this but that's what it takes. I remember them doing the same thing with Brewmasters in WoD when they did the guard nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelie View Post
    Already unsubbed from this expansion, everything is great and better than before if you exclude the dungeons, but man the dungeons killed any enthusiasm i had.

Got 15 alts (lvl 100), leveled 3 to 110 then the quests became boring, geared 2 of those to around ilvl 825, then on both (dps classes) hit a brick wall doing HC's, not kidding did 10 HC's in a row, 1 single item dropped which had the worst possible stats, and was a lower ilvl item than what i had, there is just zero nada zilch bad luck protection it seems. (No i dont expect gear to be thrown everywhere, but i do expect at least something useful to drop in 10 HC's), and at the same time seeing guildmembers getting drops non stop, most of them being warforged etc, just killed any my mood completely.

Both guildmembers and PUGs are demanding 835-840 ilvl to get in to mythics, so that's not viable.

Add on top of that, that every clear of the new dungs are taking significantly longer than in wod (30-45min on my server), and the fact that i don't really enjoy any of the new dungeons at all, it's just not fun anymore, so can't really see myself ever doing them again on whatever difficulty.

Yeah there is WQ which are dropping current ilvl-5 for all of them, so you need even more luck getting it to proc warforged, and yeah there is the class hall pieces with sub optimal stats on 3/4 pieces.

Will probably get back when the raids release, hopefully they will be better, as the loot progression at least is somewhat determistic (as in stuff _will_ drop).
    First off, sorry for the luck you've had but i guess it cant be helped :/. I just wanna address the pugs and guild ilvl requirments, most mythic pugs need 825-830 (which you are in range of) few need 820 and if you are anything above 840 you will probably be insta accepted, now pugs have always had stupid requirements because they aren't organised and have no comms or such, so better gear helps clear faster. Now about your guild needing 835-840, I can only advice you to leave a guild like that, the whole point of a guild is to help each other progress through content, anything above 805 is acceptable for a guild mythic run, mythics really aren't that hard when you are organised. This is of course assuming you asked to join given that you are lower ilvl and wasn't accepted. If you do sub back again tho, try making the grp yourself or something of the sort, it'll increases your chances of getting into mythics for sure. And about that luck of yours, your luck may be piling up for that legendary ;P

Deleted
    Lol at people that say locks are fine mechanical-wise. They're okeiiiish dps-wise on normals, heros and mythics, but due to mechanical problems aren't gonna be used in mythics+.
    Destro has some deep talent problems (while other classes have aoe rows and st rows, warlock have 3-4 rows of "st, aoe or mediocre both".
    Demo has ramp up time in his ramp up time, so has problem with burst and target changing.
    Affli... is only good for fights with lots of adds. It was very used on mythics+ on beta because of the insane burst dps they could manage to do through heavy aoe specialization, resulting in very poor st damage (which is low even in st talents, as sims show. This, in fact, is one of the only 90% accurate sims - Single target.

BUT, they're good outside of heavy harcore use. The problem we face now is double: Lack of famous representation (for example, Serenity has stated they're gonna have 0-1 locks on their rooster) and heavy doomsayers saying that locks are utter garbage in the game, as a general term, when they're not; those two combined make what is now happening: locks not invited to, or kicked, from parties. Not because any reasonable metric, but just because the trending is saying that "locks suck".

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't overthink it!
    Ion should take his own advice.

Anyone who's familiar with his past behaviour during WoD will be furious that he hasn't changed ONE BIT in the intervening couple of years, despite massive criticism of his demonstrably poor performance.

Specifically, he seems utterly incapable of parsing any negative feedback from any community source into broad populist vectors, let alone into narrowed feature support. If the faults and complaints are not transcribed into concise bullet-point form, it's all beyond his comprehension, and he dismisses it as "non-constructive". Amazingly enough, he can fully comprehend positive feedback no matter how rambling, ambiguous and incoherent it is. Funny that, eh?

Also, and what I was alluding to with the quote: Keep It Simple, Stupid! How many times have we had to endure some expansive round of crushing nerfs or wholesale mechanic changes where a simple tweak to the offending feature would do the trick? We're all familiar with it: "Bliz can't balance so they remove". That's Ion, right there. Great at implementing imperfection, USELESS at evolving perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    Why not just portals taking you from spot A to spot B? Surely that's about as immersive?

Flight at some point or other renders content (yes, getting intercepted by mobs is content - encounters are the very definition of content, lack of encounters is what made WOD so...memorable...) irrelevant thus it might as well not be there. This is fine if you have some means to ensure that all experience this content (which you put in place because you believed it would make the game better overall) before finally taking to the skies to skip it, if so desired.

If you put in place the means to skip from the get-go then you might as well not bother having any ground content, and rather dispense with those resources and instead just provide portals from starting point to where the quest should take place.

I went ahead and got Pathfinder in WoD myself and I will certainly do the same in Legion, I believe flight is a good thing. But I also think it's good to keep it restricted both insofar as waiting with releasing it as well as making it take some effort before it's unlocked, precisely because you otherwise dispense with the need to create any story lines or living environments in the world, removing the whole point of world content.

Now, if you could somehow make the air considerably more hazardous and make a realistic call where flight is viable but in some cases may be slower or more hazardous than ground travel then having flight from the start could work out just fine, but I suspect this is something they'd struggle to deliver, or it'd be in the game already.

My 2c.

trash is not content!

flying remove NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    The problem is not raiding itself nor that raiders get stuff non-raiders won't get. I don't raid, and I think raiding should reward items non-raiders can't get.
    The problem is that this min/max bullshit and time/effort shit is spreading out and effecting all the other content in the game, which shouldn't be the case.
    Well I don't really see how the non-raid content is any more min/max than it has been in the past outside of mythic+. Yeah mythic+ will require min maxing at higher levels, but if you have the kind of player who's not interested in doing higher difficulty levels of content, then he doesn't need to min max because he's not doing content that requires min maxing. I mean...mythic plus is exactly what more time restricted players asked for and I think it's a great idea for the reasons I said above. I don't see why anyone would dislike mythic+ as a concept (so long as they keep adding dungeons throughout the expansion which is only fair, raiders get a new raid), unless you're the kind of player who just wants high level gear just because it has big numbers on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Raiding and exclusive items to raiders is fine - players that only play for rewards and doing the most they can for the least effort and the least amount of time possible is not.
    er sorry, could you possibly clarify that for me please? I'm not quite sure where you're coming from here. I don't wanna waste both our times typing out something irrelevant because I've misunderstood your PoV.