Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehumanizer View Post
    Affliction bugs:
    Siphon Life, Drain Life and Seed of Corruption do not increase Shadow Bite damage.
    Potion of Deadly Grace does not work for Affliction.
    if you are sure about that, you should post this on official forums and create ingame ticker

Stat prio says Haste > Mastery but BIS gear seems to be focused around Mastery. Is there a reason for this? Or is Mastery better?

Deleted
    Hey, I'm not doing a lot of affliction but I'm thinking of putting points into the artifact solely for mythic+, how many points do I need to clear 10 and not be a burden(1or2gold?) or is it just better to put more effort into destro and continue running with that one for mythic+

I just switched from destruction to affliction and I'm honestly terrible at it, I struggle most with multi dotting and keeping track of all of my DoTs on several different targets.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on getting better at this? Maybe addons or something to make it easier to keep track of?

Deleted
    there is an intel / proc mastery on first boss of eye of ashara

it allow very very hight mastery proc, i find it very good to put 4 or 5 UA

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    I just switched from destruction to affliction and I'm honestly terrible at it, I struggle most with multi dotting and keeping track of all of my DoTs on several different targets.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on getting better at this? Maybe addons or something to make it easier to keep track of?
    The Enemy Grid addon is great for this - make sure it's tracking your debuffs and make mouseover macros for your spells, then after some practice you'll be multi-dotting like a baws

Deleted
    After the nerf to heirloom trinkets, did OoV get dethroned from the BiS list? Which trinks do we aim for now?

Hey there, I quit right after attending MoP beta. So my char still sits at 85, with his legendary staff at around the Firelands. I had a chance to play with my friend's 110 warlock, it's funny (and sad) to see that the similar problems with affli (and warlocks overall) still persist.

ie: Back then, we didn't like haunt -being have to use a debuff that makes our DoTs actually tick, and not tickle. Now you may think that it is fixed, but no, 35% of our single target damage is still bound to the same thing with a different name: Soul Effigy. With extra maintenance costs too (Even though I personally enjoy multi-DoTing, this isn't the way to fix ST). Not to mention that it pretty much defeats the newer paradigm of situational talent choices, unless the choice is going PvE vs PvP.

I'm happy to see that siphon life is back.
    I'm not happy to see that our shard dump is spamming a button that we'd use a lot anyway -every 6-8 seconds.
    Talents lack excitement really, well I know this one is too subjective, just saying.

Q&A says that warlocks lack movement as feature, then according to the basic game design theory, if we are a movement un-friendly class now, we should do better when not moving?

Also, the video below -which is a week old- points out that there is a bug with drain life. Anyone can confirm that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Pm878-7xE

/more emo rant
    The class overall, feels stripped off of its exciting toys. Bare and dull. When I first heard that siphon life is back, I was like "Ok, I'm returning to wow". I have always missed the era where we could use 5 dots: Curse of Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Siphon Life, and Immolate. Using shadow bolt as filler, and then switching to Drain Soul when the boss is below 25% hp. But in today's dull paradigm we have to choose between a new dot or a new cooldown. Why not manage both?

Deleted
    Hey is the affli legendary skill bugged? Shouldnt it increase dmg done 10% per stack but when I pop the stacks the buff only shows 10% increase? Or is it tooltip bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    Hey is the affli legendary skill bugged? Shouldnt it increase dmg done 10% per stack but when I pop the stacks the buff only shows 10% increase? Or is it tooltip bug
    Tooltip bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    After the nerf to heirloom trinkets, did OoV get dethroned from the BiS list? Which trinks do we aim for now?
    What nerf? I missed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgard View Post
    What nerf? I missed it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    •Reduced the active effect potency of Heirloom trinkets acquired from Warlords of Draenor Mythic Dungeons.
    September 6 hotfix

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    Tooltip bug. It's 5 seconds per stack for 10% damage.

If I'm running GoSac, is the buff damage better then felpuppy assuming 100% single target? Trying to see if there are certain situations where I might want to keep out the felpuppy just for damage (not for interrupt).

Deleted
    Simcraft Link for Trinkets seems to be broken (404).
    Although some of the gear links dont work (minor issure).

---

Anyone got the Hood of Eternal Disdain (orange affli head) yet ?
    does the effect also increases frequency of ticks for agony or does it only reduces ramp up time ? in second case it would be a rather minor upgrade for single target i guess (except item level).

7+ Year Old Account
    Gahddo killed the aff trinket list. I'm gonna re-run those tonight

How are you all doing in different content (world quests, mythic dungeons etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    How are you all doing in different content (world quests, mythic dungeons etc.)?
    For questing and mythic dungeons trash, affliction is awesome.. I have to switch to demo or destro for boss fights with little aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Notice theres a few changes here (I will be updating the guide shortly). Theres a balance that you have to strike between contagion uptime and good damage on UA.
    What about boss fights where it is clear that none of the conditions you have in the guide to use reap will happen?

For example i'm at 2-4 CH stacks and "want" to cast UA NOW to benefit from them before they expire. Shouldn't i use reap to increase the damage even further? Espacially with Contagion wouldn't it be a benefit to buff UA even with just 5sec reap instead of waiting for more souls?

Can anyone confirm if reap souls actually affects non-gold traits? I noticed the other day that only the tooltips for gold traits account for the buff (damage listed in soulflame, damage from wrath of consumption, and such) but non-golds remain the same.