Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Demo has too much rampup.

Let's give demo more rampup, that will fix things. How about a few fights long until all your demons are out?

No mobility buffs. You have your amazing survivability! What do you mean it's only two absorb shields, and that any other pure dps with a cheat death or ice block has far more real survivability and utility than you in any heroic+ raid?

We don't care that everyone hates destro mastery, we're not changing it. Did you wipe because you couldn't burst down an add because your spells decided to do half damage? LOL JUST AVERAGE IT OUT BETWEEN WIPES

So basically the only change we can expect is 3 soul shards at start for demo. Amazing.
    I think he meant your demon army would take a while to get out, but onc eit;s out it stays with you. That would mean the first fight (invariably trash) would rampup, but all the other subsequent ones would have way less rampup. Though it presents the problems of wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I think he meant "meaningless" in that your survivability is no higher than a mage's (less actually, Iceblock) when it comes to boss abilities that are meant to one shot you.
    And how many of those abilities actually exist? Many of such abilities simply inflict heavy damage and this heavy damage can be easily blocked by Dark Pact, which unlike Ice Block has 1 min CD and does not require you to stop DPS.

Point is, it's not meaningless - it is very useful and can be used plenty to avoid movement to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Any significant changes won;t come until 7.1

We;ll get some QOL changes like that, which help a little, plus some flat buffs

Actually, affliction isn;t reall ybad at all except for the rampup penalty making it unattractive in 5-mans and "kill that quick" fights, but it's single target is pretty low, thanks in part to the Gold trait andReap Soul thing.
    Significant mechanical changes that is true, however they can adjust a lot during balancing pass. Yeah, it is pretty much obvious we won't be having any real artifact and such changes rolling in, but for example who said they won't be able to do something like Agony having half the stacks it has now, but twice the damage per stack? Or increase in shard generation (or faster chance to trigger ramp up, which is the same).

Finally such simple changes like making Drain Life/Drain Soul do a lot more damage, can help Affliction single target, without scaling them into more potential multidot imbalance.

In short - they can fix a lot with just numbers, without mechanical changes, I mean look at this - if they can manipulate Shards like this via hotfix, there is plenty they can do even before 7.1, if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he meant your demon army would take a while to get out, but onc eit;s out it stays with you. That would mean the first fight (invariably trash) would rampup, but all the other subsequent ones would have way less rampup. Though it presents the problems of wipes.
    I hope their ultimate plan is to slow down the whole resummoning/empowering cycle as a whole. It is a bit sucky indeed that summons go away this fast and I am happy they are planning to look at the ways to improve it.

I think I'm on Ion on this; all those locked threads here on just the first page...

3 SS is just a bandaid fix. How about they just start from 5? Unless they're going to increase chances per tick, this 'fix' will get overtaken during a fight. But that should help at the very least.

Still, Destruction needs to hit hard and not rely on too much RNG for damage. Chaos Bolt needs to hit hard!
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2016-09-10 at 01:30 PM.

I think for demo would be enough just to adjust Doom dot.. Now it's useless 90% of time. Not sure, but think 2 ticks per duration would help a lit in dungeons (30% dmg after half and finish with 70% dmg). But it wont help for ST, so Dreadstalkers can put debuff on target, which increase all dmg done to it by 5-10%...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Soul Flame is amazing trait, I wonder what will people say if Blizzard listens to the feedback how bad/useless it is and removes it.
    I never really wanted it there in the first place. It's the kind of thing that will under perform (or flat out do nothing) in certain situations and then wildly overperform in others well past what I feel should be allowed. It looks a lot like enh shamans at the start of last xpac, but with more restrictions. It just looks like problems to me, and the kind of thing that can cause balance issues for the spec.

I don't mind on death traits though, because you can design and balance them to make up for affs weaknesses and make it so aff is stronger at what its good at in the situations with consistently dying adds. Basically the "doubling down on strengths" they were talking about. I'm assuming that was the intent behind the two of them, but I don't feel like soul flame serves that purpose well.

Wrath of consumption is perfect to me mechanically for that goal, I can imagine on a fight like darmac how you'd not do great on burst aoeing the packs as they come (sans soul flame), but you'd have this power up so that you're sustaining harder into the boss and spears doing what you do best that much better.

I would really love to have people realize that in this case quality > quantity and stop being all over the place - instead of dilluted feedback posts with 10 random issues - give posts with 3 top issues and that's it - no drama, if this would be done - it would have been better for everyone.
    The thing is that people have wildly differing opinions on what is a serious issue and what isn't. You and me sit here beating down hyperbole in this section all the time, but those people making those wild claims truly feel that those are massive significant issues regardless of their legitimacy.

People have to have a rudimentary understanding of game / class design and understand what blizzard wants our class / specs to be in order to give good feedback. Like my alpha feedback wasn't entirely based on what I personally wanted, but what I was confident blizzard would agree with in some form. The people who bother to even try to grasp those things are few and far between.

I feel like blizzard would be better served laying out some guidelines of where their heads are at when designing a class / spec, so that people can base their feedback on that.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    For a guy who keeps going "waaah I'm leaving," you sure do a bad job of actually leaving.
    Glad to see you've just ignored anything I've said.

Are you that stupid that you fail to understand that subscriptions are monthly and even after cancelling still have two weeks left that I've paid for?

Are you that stupid to fail to understand that somebody wants to have fun with the game and are upset that its not right now?

Damn you sure showed me.

The "please be constructive part" is infuriating.

The feedback was there since beta, pages and pages of constructive feedback, hundred of people warning them of the incoming issues in long detailled posts, mostly ignored.
    Then release come and ship a mediocre destro and unfinished Affli/Demono and people are mad. As they should imo.

Quite a lot of the criticism is neither constructive nor true, people have a tendency to make shit up, so real issues get drowned in a bunch of literal non-issues and noise.

It's not easy to differentiate between real deal and bullshit, as these are often mixed together. Fine examples are all those feedback posts with like 10+ bullet points, some of it is true, but a lot of it is literally a dishonest effort to produce volume - i.e. things that are not really issues or not even exist at all added to beef up the post and out of all that maybe like 2-3 points were really good serious issues raised.

I would really love to have people realize that in this case quality > quantity and stop being all over the place - instead of dilluted feedback posts with 10 random issues - give posts with 3 top issues and that's it - no drama, if this would be done - it would have been better for everyone.
    Players were asked for feedback, they got feedback. What is this, Goldilocks? Does it have to be just the right amount of feedback, just the right way, or the devs get cramps?

If I went back to my boss and refused to do a job because the 'client was being an ass' I would get back 'tough shit, we all have to deal with it' as a reply, not a cuddle. They are getting a salary to sort things out, this is why customer support and community teams exist in companies. Any other company would be thrilled by the amount of feedback their product is getting, good or bad.

Anything else is just laziness on their part, and they finally got called on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tithian View Post
    Players were asked for feedback, they got feedback. What is this, Goldilocks? Does it have to be just the right amount of feedback, just the right way, or the devs get cramps?

If I went back to my boss and refused to do a job because the 'client was being an ass' I would get back 'tough shit, we all have to deal with it' as a reply, not a cuddle. They are getting a salary to sort things out, this is why customer support and community teams exist in companies. Any other company would be thrilled by the amount of feedback their product is getting, good or bad.

Anything else is just laziness on their part, and they finally got called on it.
    And how exactly this calling out shit is helping you? If you would follow what they said, they said that the issue is a lot of noise and their request is to reduce noise, that's all. Big whoop - help them help you.

It's almost as if they committed crime against humanity asking for that.

All these "hundreds of pages of constructive feedback" claim is bullshit and you know it, because at best it is several pages of real feedback buried under hundreds of pages of senseless whine, dishonesty, witch hunt and curses.

Gaidax, in all your white knighting, you're still wrong because there has been constructive feedback on the Warlock play style since the first alpha push.

If they cannot find that information in a year and a half, then they're either so grossly incompetent that they shouldn't be creating an MMORPG or are just lying.

They have stated major class changes will be coming up until 7.2 so expect some classes to still get major overhaul changes.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I feel sorry for anyone who leveled their warlock to 110 and got artifact power on it over rerolling a mage.
    Frost mage = WOD destro lock.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Glad to see you've just ignored anything I've said.

Are you that stupid that you fail to understand that subscriptions are monthly and even after cancelling still have two weeks left that I've paid for?

Are you that stupid to fail to understand that somebody wants to have fun with the game and are upset that its not right now?

Damn you sure showed me.
    Lol don't even start with me. I gave you a chance to have a legitimate discussion free of insults and bullshit so we could actually try and communicate, you know what you did? You ignored me. So since I don't warrant a reply unless I insult you, you fucking retard, let me tell you exactly why I have a problem with you acting like a professional bitch on these forums.

I had a pretty similar argument with someone on the official forums a way back and a part of it pretty accurately sums up what's going on here now.

FFS I'm honestly so sick of people like you. You suck balls and instead of trying to get better you whine and moan about how broken the class is and blame the devs and other classes for everything. You build this stupid victim complex for yourself. And you know what? I really wouldn't care, except for when new players come here looking for advice, or are frustrated, and you poison them with your BS, you tell them it's hopeless, the class is gimped, reroll, it's all Blizz's fault, blah blah blah. You create more and more of yourself, and perpetuate this retarded cycle of pessimism and "I can't" mentality. You make new players into idiots who blame other people instead of looking at themselves.

And I would know, I used to be one of those idiots.
    Allow me to tell you a little story. I'm actually new to the game. I pretty much didn't start playing until WoD, and I was sh*t. Like, REALLY bad. Like, "can't pull 4k dps in Highmaul lfr" bad. I played the class because, like many others, I was attracted to the look and flavor of it, and I enjoyed myself, I really did. I enjoyed myself so much that I came to these forums because I couldn't get enough. But everytime I came here, there were throes upon throes of people like you and Deroy who do nothing but spew pessimistic garbage and convince people the class is !@#$. And I f*cking believed it. I drank every last drop of that salty oppression koolaid, and it almost single handedly killed my enjoyment of the game.

People don't get help here, they get told to give up.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    Here's the thing, the two gold traits really are not what they were designed to be. They're not garbage but they were designed when the artifact released souls periodically and you alone could target them and kill them. Killing them would activate the gold talents. They didn't like the way it worked and they didn't like the way it made people play, because you pretty much wanted to be in melee so you could splash damage them instead of targeting them. The talents are still quite useful on mythic trash, and they're useful on fights that have a considerable number of adds, but any fight that is single target or does not have a consistent number of adds the gold traits do nothing. They were originally designed to be useful in any fight situation. They are not, and that's why people complain.
    I know what the old artifact did, and how would you ever possibly use it in single target? It gave you like one Wrath of Consumption stack max, and to use soul flame with the ghost you would have to stand in melee or wait for the fucker to float to the boss, and even if you did that, it was one soulflame, barely any damage.

Seriously, the traits were meant to patch holes in affliction's inherent weaknesses, not build off the artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Gaidax, in all your white knighting, you're still wrong because there has been constructive feedback on the Warlock play style since the first alpha push.

If they cannot find that information in a year and a half, then they're either so grossly incompetent that they shouldn't be creating an MMORPG or are just lying.
    Dear friend, they found feedback and told you so, they did not tell you in Q&A "lol? Warlocks have issues? Why nobody told us???", they told you that they read the feedback, they gave you examples of what they seen a lot and gave you insight on that, while telling you first and foremost they are aware of the pressing issues and will act on those they agree with. They asked to focus feedback, because it is difficult to distill real stuff from all the shit. Big fucking drama!

What the f else do you want? That Fuzzycostas drop in his knees and beg for forgiveness in the middle of the bloody stream? Or maybe he would right away upload a bloody patch that fixes EVERYTHING?

Me white knighting? More like trying to be bloody reasonable amongst this torrent of pointing and tantrum here.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    If they designed the class and spec properly this wouldn't happen.

If they get spammed with too much "this sucks" threads and posts, it's their own doing.

But since Ion asked for a list of issues, here it goes:

#1 Destro damage output is too low (Warlocks are shunned from pugs because of it)

#2 Destro burst AoE damage is too low (Cataclysm hits like wet noodles compared to the burst DPS of most other classes including tanks)

#3 Destro has too long 'ugh, must build up shards again' downtime during fights.
    I'm pretty sure the first two are straight wrong and destro has the least ramp up(although perhaps not downtime) of all three specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty excited at 3 shards deal, it will make Destruction opener even stronger.

I'm pretty excited at 3 shards deal, it will make Destruction opener even stronger.
    Hey gaidax, I was just wondering what do you think about the current situation in every spec for warlocks? I am a new guy here and just playing for the first time a warlock(destro/demo) and with the whole scandal about the damage...this is starting to worry me.

Don't worry, Locks will be fixed asap, just like they always are if they aren't top. Shadow will probably be left with 2 broken lvl 100 talents, and nonexistant AoE dmg for the rest of the expansion though, and Ele will be untouched aswell.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Lol don't even start with me. I gave you a chance to have a legitimate discussion free of insults and bullshit so we could actually try and communicate, you know what you did? You ignored me. So since I don't warrant a reply unless I insult you, you fucking retard, let me tell you exactly why I have a problem with you acting like a professional bitch on these forums.
    I can't imagine why I would ever ignore such an illustrious poster.