Deleted

Most common Raidsetup?

Hey,

My Guildlead is kinda weird so i decided to do the raidlead and stuff with a mate together.

My Questions:
    Whats the "best" raidsetup? We where thinking about 2 Tanks, 4 Heals, 14 DPS?

Also: From what i've heared its going to be VERY meele unfriendly. Whats the maximum amount of Meele DPS we should put into our Raidroster?

We're building our Raidroster right now and we have no idea which classes we should put into and which classes we shouldnt have too many of.

Our plan is to clear HC and Mythic this expansion.

I hope you guys have some good advise for us

I'll get mocked for this but if you're asking such questions then bring the player and not the class. Would you decline a good hunter who you like because your spreadsheet says your short a mage?

There also isn't a chance in hell that the raid as a whole will be "melee unfriendly" but a decent balance slightly in favour of ranged is normally how people go.

Deleted
    Really, raid setup doesn't matter that much.

Just follow some simple rules:

- Aim for some kind of viarity. Especially on healers i would aim for at least 3 different healing classes, and would say aim for 3-4 healers, where one heal can switch do DPS if needed.

-Tanks: 2 Tanks, using to different tanks is recommended but not necessary.

-DPS: Aim for good players! The best DPS are these who know how to play there class and maximize dps (also via usage flasks, pots, CD's and talent choices) AND who have good movement!

Try to have a meele to range DPS ratio of max. 50%. Also aim for the important raid CD's like Bloodlust, Battle ressurrection etc. Never reject really good players if you dont need to. My guild had perfect runs with having healing classes double or 4 hunters in a raid. Best players = best choice.

If you fear to have a bad DPS to healer ratio - just have some players who are willing to respecc if you have the feeling the boss needs more/less healing power.

Really, classes don't matter that much.

2 tanks, 4 healers, 14 mages (maybe mix in a rogue or two when needed).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongoking View Post
    Really, raid setup doesn't matter that much.

Just follow some simple rules:

- Aim for some kind of viarity. Especially on healers i would aim for at least 3 different healing classes, and would say aim for 3-4 healers, where one heal can switch do DPS if needed.

-Tanks: 2 Tanks, using to different tanks is recommended but not necessary.

-DPS: Aim for good players! The best DPS are these who know how to play there class and maximize dps (also via usage flasks, pots, CD's and talent choices) AND who have good movement!

Try to have a meele to range DPS ratio of max. 50%. Also aim for the important raid CD's like Bloodlust, Battle ressurrection etc. Never reject really good players if you dont need to. My guild had perfect runs with having healing classes double or 4 hunters in a raid. Best players = best choice.

If you fear to have a bad DPS to healer ratio - just have some players who are willing to respecc if you have the feeling the boss needs more/less healing power.

Really, classes don't matter that much.
    thank you very mnuch