Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I still haven't heard a reason why this expansion, in it's so far short life, has more content than any other expansion before it, at present.

So, no, I won't SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH just yet...
    What a fucking child.

I'm not saying it has no content, I'm arguing the claim that it, right now, has more content than any (completed) expansion before it.
    Not sure if serious but people are obviously comparing launch content.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I still refuse to believe someone in 1 week and 4 days has managed to do 300 world quests. I don't give a fuck how many there are.
    I am near or slightly over 150 or so done and have left a lot out there each day so it is possible. But on the other hand if I played that much to do that many I wouldn't be shocked that I am a bit burnt out.
    Just starting up an alt and doing the artifact quest line for each class is fun and takes a lot of time as I have only done so on 6 classes so far and have had no time to do more or level them up more besides my main.
    Just to get all the professions to where I like them to be every expansion is going to take some time and is different for every profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Content is consumed quickly because it's all made to be easy and grindy. If they actually made hard content they could keep up with it.
    No one is forcing you to play a certain number of hours. If you choose to play 6 hours thats on YOU. Not me, not Blizzard. YOU. As is usual with this stuff, people don't want to take responsibly for their decisions.

Deleted
    Why did you do world quests that involved other things than AP and maybe a few resources and gear.

The others are useless unless they are worth 2000g

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    There's always going to be A LOT of content to take in when it comes to questing, but what is there to do at max level once you're geared up for raids?
    So you sped through things, geared as fast as possible by playing a ton and it's not you that's the issue here? REALLY?

well its the typical junkie pov: if you clear all your worldquests, u get new ones to spawn that could give u another token for 0,02 % of your 18. weapontrait. So you only have to farm 5000 of those.

and after doing this for 10 days straight, make a forum post"Burnedout".

If anything, I think they could have gated the different quest content more.

After hitting 110, I was just *bombarded* with Quests, both World and otherwise.

They could have done a return to the scouting board and had people "unlock" world quests zone by zone to not make them feel quite so daunting at first.

Even timegating certain 110 quests by a day or two would have made the experience much more manageable and less intimidating.

I feel I'm fine for raid launch right now, but still have plenty that I can do. (although I've dialed back world quests to emissaries and the ones I specifically enjoy, reap a benefit from, or simply WANT to do.)

If you force yourself to do stuff you fundamentally DON'T want to do, you will dislike the experience and burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    How hard should they make it? And hard for what type of player? Maybe don't rush to do everything right away and you won't get burnt out. Name me any other game that playing 8hours or more a day for over a week won't run out of content?
    There should be a variety of difficulties for every playstyle, quests, raids, professions, whatever. Start with the easy stuff, work your way up to the hard stuff, and different people reach different points where it becomes too hard for them at different times, but with trying again and learning eventually they could get better and progress.
    The game's never really got harder than all inclusive at any point. Mechanically it's easy enough that everybody can do everything as long as you have strong enough gear. It's not just a WoW problem, most games behave this way, but that doesn't make it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Three HUNDRED World Quests?

Is this your job or something?
    i think im close to that, it's just kind of a flow that you get into
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

There should be a variety of difficulties for every playstyle, quests, raids, professions, whatever. Start with the easy stuff, work your way up to the hard stuff, and different people reach different points where it becomes too hard for them at different times, but with trying again and learning eventually they could get better and progress.
    The game's never really got harder than all inclusive at any point. Mechanically it's easy enough that everybody can do everything as long as you have strong enough gear. It's not just a WoW problem, most games behave this way, but that doesn't make it right.

You do realize that is what raiding and high end pvping is for right? If they make the everyday content to hard they will have no player base just ask wildstar that.
    Why do people like you think everything needs to be harder to be better?
    It already takes a of more time just to do professions and how far are you on mythic plus?
    Not everyone is of the same skill or have the same desire to play "hardcore" you know that too right?
    What might be easy for you could be hard for others you get that right?
    It never ends with these "hard cores" does it?

Deleted
    Some numbers you guys drop sound crazy to me.I'm playing the game since launch and I completed all zone stories minus suramar,did all heroics once and 1(one) mythic,im close to the last class campaign quests,half the profession(s) progress and im doing the daily emissary ones for cache+some random more wq.Didn't even tried gold making ,PvP or stuff like pet battles yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you and others complaining about aren't getting is that it's ON YOU. Not the game. At some point, almost any game will run out of stuff to do for players who obsessively play all the time. Look at the guy above who claims his guild did 550 world quests and 120 dungeons. HOLY SHIT. In under 2 weeks? Yeah, that person might be bored... but it's ON THEM for doing that.

Something like WoW isn't going to design around people who play 4-8 hours a day and a ton on weekends or who take time off from work to gear for raids. They design around the middle of the curve - the people who play, probably, 6-12 hours a WEEK, probably more initially, but about that week in and week out. Those people who play all the time will always burn through content.

If you're geared for raids... great, relax for a bit. You're going to have a ton of time in progression raiding. Not doing raids? Well, then, it was your choice to burn through content ASAP. Deal with the consequences of that choice.

I just got to 110 and I'm not even qualified for world quests. On the other hand, I'm not insane to play 12h per day...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    i think im close to that, it's just kind of a flow that you get into
    Not in 2 weeks it isn't. I've done, I dunno, 25-35? I hit 110 a few days ago, got Nightfallen to friendly, opened the quests up and did a few. The emissary stuff is great gold and some of the quests are fun, some offer gear. It's fine. When I am a bit bored with them I... I.... log off. Or do an instance etc.

Legion has the most launch of content of any expansion

Burning yourself out and then complaining about lack of content is stupid
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a little burnt out in regards to grinding since I wasn't sure what I wanted to play. I leveled a Hunter to 110 then rolled a Paladin to 110 and in between both of these I also leveled several to 104ish followed by a Shaman to 110. This happened over the course of about a week and I simply felt frustrated and almost bored of frontloading all my grind rather than be focused.

Now that I settled on a main, I feel fine. I am annoyed that my world quests so far are awful and I still don't have my first AK learned so AP is still low but it's okay.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I've been playing at a really relaxed pace so far and am loving it and haven't even unlocked world quests yet...soon though I'm like 150 rep from Friendly with Nightfallen. Regardless I'm really enjoying this expansion so far...the whole exponential AP thing after getting your 11th? trait going from like 1000 to fucking 6480 is a little ridiculous though. Makes sense for sure, I suppose, but it just makes it BLATANTLY obvious that leveling your artifact is meant to be an unrepentant grind.

All I really dislike is the gating. I've always disliked gating. They'll (Blizzard) defend it as content pacing, but what it really is, is just trying to keep you paying the subscription longer and almost generally has no actual benefit for the average player.

But it's one of those things you have to get used to. All MMO's do it, all MMO's that cost money, anyways, and they probably always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Three HUNDRED World Quests?

Is this your job or something?
    yeah that seems a little excessive for the game being out less than 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    You do realize that is what raiding and high end pvping is for right? If they make the everyday content to hard they will have no player base just ask wildstar that.
    Why do people like you think everything needs to be harder to be better?
    It already takes a of more time just to do professions and how far are you on mythic plus?
    Not everyone is of the same skill or have the same desire to play "hardcore" you know that too right?
    What might be easy for you could be hard for others you get that right?
    It never ends with these "hard cores" does it?
    None of those things get harder, as long as you spend more time equipping your character eventually you get the stats to complete them as easily as any other parts of professions or dungeons.

There's no reason there can't be easy raids either, but there aren't any hard raids, only raids that you first must spend X amount of time statting your character before you can dps fast enough, just like all the content.