Thread: Healers in pvp?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've ran with a few pocket druid healers in bgs and they haven't seemed to have these issues. Had one last night that facetanked a WW/DK on them for a good while until they eventually ran out of mana and keeled over, it was pretty silly to see. So from my limited personal experience thus far...nothing really seems to be different?

Feral, WW Monk, Rogue and DH will nearly destroy you every time. Aside from that yell at your team to peel for you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Healers dying in a 1v1 is a good thing, healers only dying to very specific classes isnt imo.
    This, but rather healers dying slowly in 1v1 is a good thing. A good healer can last maybe 20 secs against a melee. Ideally that should be more than a minute, same for all classes.

Personally I think that shadowstrike range should be reduced even further, outlaw should lose some control and RtB needs a nerf in pvp and pve, WW mobility is too high and DH just needs a massive damage nerf.

With sub particularly, most healers don't dispel nightblade. The decent healers who do that are way harder to kill.
    Last edited by lolpve; 2016-09-09 at 03:51 PM.

ha, if healers are complaining, it's a good thing.

you shouldn't even be allowed in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    Took a year off from the game, came back for legion. (I am arena master/HWL) been pvping since s2 (merciless glad s2), my question to other healers is does pvp suck as much **** for you? like I can't save anyone and I die from a rogue not even looking at me
    I like harassing healers atm. Taking revenge for the misery they have caused the previous years.
    Last edited by mmoc18d1c1012b; 2016-09-10 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    i have done like 30 skirmishes today as a Resto Shaman 90% of the games im dead after 3 seconds. PvP is absolutly antifun right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Melandra View Post
    i have done like 30 skirmishes today as a Resto Shaman 90% of the games im dead after 3 seconds. PvP is absolutly antifun right now.
    You are playing skirms with randoms as a shaman, what did you expect? If that would have been fun and survivable for you, basicely running around not getting peeled as a shaman vs 2 dps training you then the game would be awefull as healers would be way way to survivable.

Deleted
    You are playing skirms with randoms as a shaman, what did you expect? If that would have been fun and survivable for you, basicely running around not getting peeled as a shaman vs 2 dps training you then the game would be awefull as healers would be way way to survivable.
    well im standing on my Spirit Link Totem with 2x healing stream Astral Shift and Healing Tide totem and i get killed inside garrote silence. and even if i could get a heal off its gonna get kicked anyways (cant fake cast cause imminent death). its retarded how overtuned the damage atm is i cant even heal against a demon hunter who is not using cds on a target without spamming flashheals and going oom in like 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Melandra View Post
    well im standing on my Spirit Link Totem with 2x healing stream Astral Shift and Healing Tide totem and i get killed inside garrote silence. and even if i could get a heal off its gonna get kicked anyways (cant fake cast cause imminent death). its retarded how overtuned the damage atm is i cant even heal against a demon hunter who is not using cds on a target without spamming flashheals and going oom in like 30 seconds.
    Thats good though, at least as long as everyone can do that damage and not a select few classes. Pvp should be fast and people should die through heals, and healers should die in a 1v1.

People need to understand that it is not a good idea for pvp if heal classes die to just 1 DPS. Especially in 3v3 arena. At the end it will not make sense to play one, and it leads to stupid tunneling the healer in every match, because the heal can not even keep up vs 1 DPS, and therfor not vs 2 DPS. And now imagine 3 DPS. Then you have longer Q times and waiting time before the arena match starts than the actual match will last. Like a factor of 3. And that is just dumb and a waste of time. it is never fun to wait more than you play. Arena matches should at least like 5 minutes and not 1-2 minutes.

And Blizzard made a first step to address this, when they nerfed DH and made their burst little less in favor of more consistent DMG. (not enough tho... needs to be tuned much much more) The balance has to be, that a healing class has trouble to survive 2 dps classes and needs support to survive. But if just ONE DPS class goes on the healer and he has trouble to survive just that, and has not a single GCD free to heal his team mates, that leads to 1 minutes matches where all CDs are blown, offensive and defensive, and the healer heals himself 99% of the time and non else. And seriously, who ever thinks that this is good gameplay or good in general for pvp, sigh...
    Last edited by nodq; 2016-09-10 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    You essentially have a choice;
    Play a healer; get frustrated.
    Play something else; don't get frustrated.

I'll leave the choice to you.
    Lol.. It is so frustrating as a dps that almost no healers joins random bgs :P specially if you are against a team that have 3 healers or more, and people mindlessly tab target instead of assisting each other, just to pad the damage done on the score board, and thereby enlarge their penis..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Lol.. It is so frustrating as a dps that almost no healers joins random bgs :P
    I really can't blame them, I pretty much stopped doing any BGs as a result of being permastunned whenever someone sees me and almost no way to get away from them (slow, stun, whatever).

Those DH jumps have to get nerfed or removed from PvP, they're just plain broken. They're worse than DK at launch and they were pretty fucking atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by EsteSeceta View Post
    Guys you miss that resto who tanked a rogue for 20 minutes in arena? It's gone and it won't come back; it's like it should have been for a long time )) just reroll, there are so many other classes, dont be retarded, learn to accept changes!
    This is such a foolish response.

As disc I haven't been soloed yet. I feel VERY powerful when I only have to heal myself even vs rogues. Now healing other people is a different story.

EDIT: Maybe the people I've been playing against are bad but I can live almost indefinitely (I'll go OOM eventually) vs a rogue if there isn't dampening.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ha, if healers are complaining, it's a good thing.

you shouldn't even be allowed in pvp.
    Go play counter strike then. This game is designed around having healers in pvp. If you don't like it, you don't have to play. having fights last as less time than waiting for the graveyard res is basically the stupidest design possible.

Deleted
    Healers dying in a 1v1 is a good thing, healers only dying to very specific classes isnt imo.
    Healers dying in a 1v1 means healers are useless and there's no reason to have them. Healers barely being able to even survive a rogue opener or the opener of some other classes means they're completely undertuned. Bringing a healer always means you're paying in DPS for it. If a healer can't at least for a time outheal two dps there's never a reason to have one around in any kind of PvP setting as you'd be better of bringing an additional DPS rather than a healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    This is such a foolish response.
    This site needs an ignore button without going into the settings for people like him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Go play counter strike then.
    derpkitteh is a massive troll, just put him on ignore and be done with it. I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Healers dying in a 1v1 means healers are useless and there's no reason to have them. Healers barely being able to even survive a rogue opener or the opener of some other classes means they're completely undertuned. Bringing a healer always means you're paying in DPS for it. If a healer can't at least for a time outheal two dps there's never a reason to have one around in any kind of PvP setting as you'd be better of bringing an additional DPS rather than a healer.
    Not really, but close. Bringing a healer should be marginally better then bringing a third dps (and equalish to a second), you should either be forced to shut down one target with cc or use defensice CDs vs their normal rotation and be forced to peel massively. One healer should be stronger/as strong then 2 dps.

One healer surviving a dps untill deep deep dampening without any peels in 2s is horrible design, it should be like it was in wrath, were one warrior could pretty much solo a healer in under a minute. Its somewhat in between those 2 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    This site needs an ignore button without going into the settings for people like him.

- - - Updated - - -

derpkitteh is a massive troll, just put him on ignore and be done with it. I did.
    Thanks for the tip, will do. The problem is people still give these foolish viewpoints credence. Blizz clearly does, i mean look at their decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, but close. Bringing a healer should be marginally better then bringing a third dps (and equalish to a second), you should either be forced to shut down one target with cc or use defensice CDs vs their normal rotation and be forced to peel massively. One healer should be stronger/as strong then 2 dps.

One healer surviving a dps untill deep deep dampening without any peels in 2s is horrible design, it should be like it was in wrath, were one warrior could pretty much solo a healer in under a minute. Its somewhat in between those 2 right now.
    FFirst you havent given any reason why healers should die 1v1. Everyone just has a feeling they should. It should work like this:

either a 1v1 vs a healer should go forever, or their should be an equal chance either can win, in x amount of time. I have never understood the concept that a healer should just stand there and spam heals only to eventually die. He should not always win mind you, but it should be a trade off. If i am healing i live, if i stop to attack, i get behind on heals, and cannot easily cstch up. Currently all dps sans arms hwve heals of their own, so why is it legitimate that a dps should be able to kill a healer without losing any hp but a healer should be sble to squeeze out a narrow victory over the same dps.

the way it should be is more like burning crusade, when pvp imo was at its best. Not its most balanced, but definitely best. Healers had very strong heals in tbc, but they also had weak mana regen, so they had to use skills wisely and time things so as to not oom too quickly. Even then plenty of dbl dps teams in 2s could take out druid healers because of all tye utility/cc they had. Even in 3s mongo teams existed and fights would be over in a reasonsble time. The fights people remember lasting forever would be quickly fixed with dampening, which didnt exist then, or by just adjusting numbers up or down very slightly, WHICH IS WHAT THE PVP TEMPLATE IS FOR, but blizz seems to have forgetten about their own idea.

IMO the real isssue is we need a strong concensus sbout how long pvp encounters should take. That is the real issue. Should a 3s arena match be able to end in 30 seconds, shorter that the start gate time? Should we be fighting under the rechsrge of our cooldowns? Should fights last 5 min, 10 min, 30 min? Does it make a difference based on how skillful the players are? In tbc worse teams lost quickly to better teams. The very long fights were zbout equal skill or some strong r/p/s. Exactly how long do you all think these fights should take?

Deleted
    Well at least Rdruids are king of PvE, maybe thats a comfort.