10+ Year Old Account
    Musaigen no Phantom World OVA cm

Spoiler: 
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-09-10 at 05:25 PM.

On the topic of best looking anime on a purely visual/animation/art level, what's the best one (or ones) you guys have seen? This is with complete disregard for plot/characters/etc.

I'd probably put the following up there with the best:

Paprika.
    Kara No Kyoukai/Garden of Sinners movie series.
    Garden of Words.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Shigatsu's UK release is going the art box route and will get an art book, too. I'm gonna have to get it, aren't I?
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/o4KkErK.jpg?1[ /img]
    My wallet gently weeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be silly. That doesn't at all hurt immersion. Flying hurts immersion, what with being able to fly dragons in a fantasy world being silly and all, totally not because Blizzard are shit at designing content for flying or anything. We totally didn't have races in the sky as far back as TBC or again in MoP, nope. It just ruins the game!
    Leveling with flying is one of the worst things Blizzard ever did to WoW. I'm happy they hard reversed it.

They can easily design zones with flying in mind (just look at Hyjal), but why do that when you skip most of the zone as you go from quest to quest, ignoring everything around you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said anything about questing with flight. As far as I've seen, nobody actually wants that. They just want it when they hit max level, like nearly every expansion before. Blizzard's reason of immersion was a joke as they used the same argument of being able to fly while leveling up. Nobody wanted to do that. Getting your flying back right at the end of WoD was a horrible choice.
    Though that would destroy a lot of end game content. They're trying to veer away from raiding being the only true PvE end game content, and instead allow for a far wider variety. World questing is insanely easy to get around with without flying, using your whistle, fast flight points, and other methods of transportation. Questing in Suramar (something they've never done before) would be completely useless if flying was allowed, and they wouldn't be doing something like the Suramar campaign. Zones get incredibly boring quickly if you can just fly over it and ignore its existence.

At least they're going to allow flying later on in the expansion, having people work towards it. That seems a lot more exciting and makes flying quite a bit more rewarding than simply giving it to you for a couple thousand gold right when you hit 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you there is a lot of chest rubbing going on in that...
    I would hope so... :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    On the topic of best looking anime on a purely visual/animation/art level, what's the best one (or ones) you guys have seen? This is with complete disregard for plot/characters/etc.
    I'd have to go with Garden of Words for absolute best, with Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya coming next because so many of the scenes in that movie were flawless, and the consistency throughout the entirety of the nearly-3-hours was just amazing. I haven't seen all of Kara no Kyoukai but what I have seen was amazing. For series, I'd have to go with Hyouka, Euphonium, or Free! as they were all sasuga KyoAni. UBW and F/Z looked great as well but some of the CG was sloppy-looking and painfully so a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    ooh nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Not even ripped yet. What is life.

10+ Year Old Account
    fug. the wait for the other 2 parts.

"The three OAD episodes based on the manga author's original story "Hoshi Matsu Hito" (The Person Who is Waiting for Stars) will be bundled with the manga's upcoming 6th (September 10, 2016), 7th (March 10, 2017), and 8th volume (September 9, 2017)."

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Not even ripped yet. What is life.
    It's on cat site now.

Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito episode 1 - 7/10: This was a pretty solid way of previewing/testing the water for Mahoutsukai No Yome as a fully fledged series. It's in part an origin story and a day-in-the-life episode. The art is good, the animation is solid, the sound design is excellent. The music is good, though a little unnecessary pushed in places. I like most of the voices and it seems fairly accurate to what I've come to expect from the manga, with a mix of melancholy and fantasy action.

I like the way they've recaptured the English rural designs and even a modern depiction of London. The art is a pleasant mix of watercolours, well shaded/painted CG backgrounds and nicely hand drawn characters. It all blends very well, but for some reason feels oddly stiff, or dull. I wasn't fully engaged by the episode, but it was entertaining enough.

I'll be looking forwards to seeing more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Saber still best girl

D-Frag: 5/10

A thoroughly mediocre show that was just good enough to make me finish the show, but will end up only being two things for me: one particular moment involving musical chairs, and Roka trying to subdue people by putting bags over their heads is always amusing.

Up next is finishing Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, and then Kantai Collection (of which I'm watching because I expect a dumb show. I want it to be a good bad show, though...).

KanColle is pretty fun if you don't take it seriously. I hated it the first time I watched it because I thought it was going to be something completely different. Turn your brain off and just go with it, it's a funny, goofy ride.

Awesome, that sounds like what I'm looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    anime that will save the anime.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    KanColle is pretty fun if you don't take it seriously. I hated it the first time I watched it because I thought it was going to be something completely different. Turn your brain off and just go with it, it's a funny, goofy ride.